Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

I did not know you could do this with Angies List

+2
Davey Cracker
Mo
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I did not know you could do this with Angies List - Page 2 Empty Re: I did not know you could do this with Angies List

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:34 pm

Devon07 wrote:Ive recently joined for the heck of it and find it hard to get people to take a minute or two to post a review.....most of them seem fraudulent anyway....any time I ever read a review I felt as though the owner did it or had a few groupies get it done. pffft!

The only time I ever got reviews was if I gave the customer a discount on future cleaning for the review. So, in many ways, it was written by the business owner.

I only did it for a year and it didn't work for me. This area just didn't go to sites like that to find a cleaner. The only ones with any reviews are the franchise companies and I didn't see any reason to try and compete with them in an arena where they had all the advantages.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

I did not know you could do this with Angies List - Page 2 Empty Re: I did not know you could do this with Angies List

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:57 pm

I've gotten about 60 5star reviews on Yelp, all legitimate, but it's taken 4 years and doing work for 1000+ people to get them (which is pretty good considering only about 1% leave a review).....the reality is very few people actually give back by leaving reviews, most are just takers. It's just life and the way people are, takers.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:18 pm

Takers not givers Very Happy

On line reviews work video reviews are even more powerful.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:24 pm

I had an angies list rep ask me a while back how have we gotten so many reviews and honestly I dont know, I rarely ask for them and have never really given incentive for them.

When we started with angies list I placed our pricing just under the competition to drive in volume, which it did. we had a 4 area deal that just went nuts on there. while we went making as much on each job it did generate a ton of business and hundreds of reviews.

once the reviews hit over 200 we raised the prices up

you can also try and put up big package deals and see if they sell... like $750-1000 for carpets, some furniture, and some tile. whole house cleaning package.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:37 pm

I'm getting ready to put some storefronts up to drive in more biz, and reviews but not at a discounted rate because I know AL customers aren't looking for cheap, and have the money to spend. So I'm thinking something more like...........

4 rms. $399
Sofa & Love seat $299
Recliner $129
T&G cleaning $1.29 per S.F.

$2-250 job min.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:52 pm

400 for 4 rooms is going to be a tough sell I think... just my opinion

carpet just isnt as expensive to buy new as it was in 1990

youll prob get some customers that appreciate all the effort into doing a job at that price but youll lose a lot of volume.

I think tile and grout you could easily go 1.50
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:56 pm

Had to give you a reputation point for that one AC.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:44 pm

You never know until you try.............I have a major competitor on AL, the biggest on there actually, advertizing a higher price than I mentioned, and it works for them big, soooo..........

Don't be so sure it won't work here, in my hands. Just because it doesn't work in your area. wink

Confidence in yourself and service sure helps........If you don't have it, then I can understand the skepticism.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:47 pm

ACpower1 wrote:

it's more expensive.

Don't be fooled by the way it's priced now, by the Sq. Ft., rather than the Sq. Yd....it's just a marketing gimmick.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:53 pm

well with that pricing IF its actually working and driving in business you should be a millionaire in no time and running 4-5 trucks wink

its just percentages, theres less people out there that can pay 400 for 4 rooms of carpet cleaning. I prefer to play the percentages to my advantage and am more than happy to do 4 rooms of carpet cleaning for $250 with less furniture moving etc.. after all I absolutely hate moving beds, sectionals, etc
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:00 pm

Well I guess I'll be a .2ionare since I run 1 truck. And already well surpassed that, so whatever.

Don't under estimate my market or yours more importantly. wink

Price doesn't seem to be my biggest problem, and I can take care of myself in that area.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:11 pm

You can check how many deals the other company with pricing higher than that has sold.

They may have a small ad campaign with AL or an older campaign where AL is taking a large percentage.

so what I mean is they may not be relying on the storefront sales at all.

If you ask AL they will give you a customer log in that works for a few days free, I usually just tell them I need a landscaper for my house. Then u can check and see whos selling what on their storefront.

I like charging less than 400 for 4 rooms, but instead of effort going into furniture moving etc it ends up going into upholstery cleaning or carpet protector which for us is more streamlined than moving beds.

We actually used to do a lot of furniture moving a few years ago and charged well for it but it really burnt everyone out on hot summer days with no AC in most homes

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:38 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:I'm getting ready to put some storefronts up to drive in more biz, and reviews but not at a discounted rate because I know AL customers aren't looking for cheap, and have the money to spend. So I'm thinking something more like...........

4 rms. $399
Sofa & Love seat $299
Recliner $129
T&G cleaning $1.29 per S.F.

$2-250 job min.

More power to ya Dave.You could always change it if it doesn't perform well.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:05 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:
ACpower1 wrote:

it's more expensive.

Don't be fooled by the way it's priced now, by the Sq. Ft., rather than the Sq. Yd....it's just a marketing gimmick.  

I just mean a lot of people buy the cheaper carpets now, in 90s people bought a lot of nice expensive nylon
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:48 pm

That's sorta true.........crap carpet fiber is much more prevalent now.

I take every opportunity possible with my customers, to educate them about the different carpet fiber types. So hopefully they don't make the same mistake so many others do by buying Olefin.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:53 pm

Mo wrote:

More power to ya Dave.You could always change it if it doesn't perform well.

That's right, and it's a whole lot easier to start high and come down rather than the other way around.

My goal would be to scare off the cheapies, and only attract the high end customers..........which there's no lack of on AL, at least in this area.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:55 am

Angies list is changing their model and is attracting more folks just looking for the cheapest. Just take a look at their most recent commercial their pushing price now
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2