Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Any ideas for a loaner program

+6
Ken Raddon
Matt; My carpet cleaner
ACpower1
Devon07
Davey Cracker
Mo
10 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Any ideas for a loaner program - Page 2 Empty Re: Any ideas for a loaner program

Post by Devon07 Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:12 am

Pool filter?...you talking about the twist in filters?...this unit has two secondary that twist in. It also has a basket that catches bigger stuff first. Im going to order the inline today.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Any ideas for a loaner program - Page 2 Empty Re: Any ideas for a loaner program

Post by Devon07 Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:00 am

Thanks AC! I will order one when the world wakes up
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:05 am

How about a collection of paper work. Wait, I know it sounds corny but hear me out. Everyone always likes to learn new ways of writing up the job or upselling services. What if you get guys to send you what they use for job tickets or invoices or waivers or ???

You then put them all in a single packet then send them out to whom you deam worthy i.e. those that sent in something to send out.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:37 am

Ken Raddon wrote:How about a collection of paper work.  Wait, I know it sounds corny but hear me out.  Everyone always likes to learn new ways of writing up the job or upselling services.  What if you get guys to send you what they use for job tickets or invoices or waivers or ???

You then put them all in a single packet then send them out to whom you deam worthy i.e. those that sent in something to send out.

We actually did that already Ken. We called it the marketing club. The members would send me the document they wanted to share. I uploaded the document and only members that shared documents would have access to all of the Marketing Club  documents.

Dave and I were the only ones that shared a document. The idea came from a member and someone else thought it was a great idea and neither one of those members participated in the Market Club.

If we have enough interest we can start it up again.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:46 am

SCCC wrote:
Devon07 wrote:Okay...crap! what inline filter should I buy? the cleanco has primary and secondary filters now....the first one is a cage type basket that is easy to get to....the secondary is two twist in filters that get cleaned weekly...the basket gets done daily. I need a short hose to run to the inline filter? and then hook up my service line to the house correct?
Just by a RC99 it is only 99 bucks if you don't like it then you haven't spent much

Devon, What SCCC is not telling you is that he makes in line filters The DevPro. The issue that some have with the RC99 is that it leaks. I own one and it does leak some wanders suggests that put some plumbers putty on it. I have an older one so wanders may have fixed the leaking problem and you can't beat the price

My main question is which one gets better air flow. I'm starting to think that the RC99 has better air flow then the Dev Pro. The Dev Pro is more expensive and I have no idea how much it costs.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:54 am

The Dev Pro

Any ideas for a loaner program - Page 2 F37bed_0ac9026983a347f9be6b261c6131527a.jpg_srz_640_361_85_22_0.50_1.20_0

RC 99
 Here's a video of me unpackagaing the RC99
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:06 am

Why would sccc tell me to get the bullet if he makes one? Im still confused on the damn glide scenario....friggin carpet cleaners! lol

I get to use the glide today and im thrilled to see what happens...the filter has me fuzzy. sccc, whats up bruh?
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:29 am

Devon07 wrote:Why would sccc tell me to get the bullet if he makes one?  Im still confused on the damn glide scenario....friggin carpet cleaners! lol

Very Happy That's funny right there. Friggin manufactures and distributors would be more accurate. There is just some drama with joe at wanders and tom dev pro don't waste your time on that

I think he might of thought you wanted to just test an in line filter it to see if you like it and the wanders filter is only $99.00 and his more expensive.

If you notice the dev pro cover is attached by metal hinge and the rc99 uses a bungee. That is the only difference I see. I personally do not know if the Dev Pro leaks or if it is any better at not restricting air flow.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:30 am

I notice the filter with two ports at one end...is it to run from the dual ports from machine to filter then dropping down to one at the other end? How much are the DevPro filters?
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:38 am

The port can be customized in any configuration that you want with either filter.

What's price on The Dev Pro I don't know It not listed on the dev pro website I guess you have to call. I certainly understand not wanting to advertise a discount price on this site but not to list a retail price on your website is odd to me. Maybe im just missing some thing
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:42 am

Sheesh...seems to be some drama we may not know about...if it was me...I would market the crud out on mine regardless of price! If mine is more and better its a no brainer. I need info...I even called on one and got a recording! this is crazy.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:53 am

Devon, welcome to the "new" carpet cleaning industry, just like politics this industry is getting more and more drama filled, I also have a feeling that the Dev Pro filter is better but I still don't understand why Tom isn't interested in loaner that compare cfm between the two, I hardly buy from Joe, so I'm not bias, I respect both of them and don't care about their differences aka drama Razz
If I want to spend a couple hundred bucks on a filter, I want to know if it's worth the money or not. Oh well.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:51 am

At the fear of stirring up the dust, here it is in a Reader's Digest version Devon.

1. Tom and Joe worked together to make a killer inline filter
2. They had a falling out
3. Joe builds one and sells it for $99 with basket and liners
4. Dev makes an upgraded version for around $500

Why he doesn't want to send one around as a loaner? He has his reasons...only he can say.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:05 am

Is the 500.00 for the bigger filter or is it for the smaller size one comparable to the RC99?

Tom is a cleaners so lets give him some time to respond.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:01 am

Mo wrote:Is the 500.00 for the bigger filter or is it for the smaller size one comparable to the RC99?

Tom is a cleaners so lets give him some time to respond.

Oh, I didn't know there were different sizes....probably the larger one then I would imagine.

I don't know what benefit Tom would get out of a loaner, other than exposure. He has done a good job of making what changes he felt were necessary, I don't know if he really would be looking for more feedback on the design side.

I would be interested to hear the thoughts of honest cleaners like Dp and Devon on the filter, so maybe it would be worth it to send one around.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:19 pm

I would be willing to donate some funds to buy Toms filter.

It could be sent to Devon, DP and you Rob. What I want to see is an apples to apples CFM test with both filters. Im not sure if DP has an RC99 but Dave does and he has a CFM meter too.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:37 pm

Mo wrote:
Devon07 wrote:Why would sccc tell me to get the bullet if he makes one?  Im still confused on the damn glide scenario....friggin carpet cleaners! lol

Very Happy That's funny right there. Friggin manufactures and distributors would be more accurate. There is just some drama with joe at wanders and tom dev pro don't waste your time on that

I think he might of thought you wanted to just test an in line filter it to see if you like it and the wanders filter is only $99.00 and his more expensive.

If you notice the dev pro cover is attached by metal hinge and the rc99 uses a bungee. That is the only difference I see. I personally do not know if the Dev Pro leaks or if it is any better at not restricting air flow.

Mo...it is funny...but all the manufacturers Ive met in this industry have been or are cleaners too.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:12 pm

I don't see a reason for me to try the filter, so you could take me off list.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:01 pm

I would be game to give it a test.

I have been doing some research on other filters lately and may be in the market again. I do like my RC99 (both of them) and still have a hydro-force pool filter, but I don't know what I don't know on Tom's filter.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:30 pm

Im not in the market for one either. The cool thing about this loaner is that it is mostly objective cause CFM meters don't have opinions.

I would CFM test bother filters empty, than fill both up half way with debris and test, then fill them up 3/4 of the way with debris and test again.

I would test both filters on jobs one week each to see if they leak.

In Devons case I would test CFM with tank filters and then remove tank filter and test with in line filter.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:47 pm

Not sure im comfortable removing filters....I will take off the basket but Cleanco has two filters in the tank...same size and side by side. The ones that twist on.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:02 pm

Mo wrote:Im not in the market for one either. The cool thing about this loaner is that it is mostly objective cause CFM meters don't have opinions.

I would CFM test bother filters empty, than fill both up half way with debris and test, then fill them up 3/4 of the way with debris and test again.

I would test both filters on jobs one week each to see if they leak.

In Devons case I would test CFM with tank filters and then remove tank filter and test with in line filter.

I would imagine if the filter size is the same, the cfm rest results wouldn't be much different between empty, halfway full and 3/4 full.
Dave, I would probably ask for your help in doing the cfm test on both filters if we are doing the loaner, if you're available.
I don't mind pitching in some funds too.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:22 pm

Well for some stupid reason my long explanation to this did not post.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:27 pm

okay another page gone, going to bed
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Sorry to see that there is still some having trouble with the auto-save and timing out....have not run into it much myself, so I'm no help.

Hopefully, Tom finds his way back....maybe aim for a shorter explanation?

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next