Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Any ideas for a loaner program

+6
Ken Raddon
Matt; My carpet cleaner
ACpower1
Devon07
Davey Cracker
Mo
10 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Any ideas for a loaner program - Page 3 Empty Re: Any ideas for a loaner program

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:51 pm

dp1 wrote:
Dave, I would probably ask for your help in doing the cfm test on both filters if we are doing the loaner, if you're available.
I don't mind pitching in some funds too.

I will do that, if you're buying me some good lunch. laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Any ideas for a loaner program - Page 3 Empty Re: Any ideas for a loaner program

Post by Mo Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:08 pm

SCCC wrote:okay another page gone, going to bed

Sorry about that Tom thanks for the attempt.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:14 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:
dp1 wrote:
Dave, I would probably ask for your help in doing the cfm test on both filters if we are doing the loaner, if you're available.
I don't mind pitching in some funds too.

I will do that, if you're buying me some good lunch. laughing

No I know what we have to do to have Dave participate in a loaner Very Happy I believe he's a Taco Bell Connoisseur
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:17 pm

We could test filter for the following

Impact to CFM and Lift empty and dirty

Build Quality

Length and time between cleanings

Any thing else? Only carpet cleaners can get into testing a tube full of shoot Very Happy

No Im going to bed. I'm off for a little RR and my goal will be not to check in at the lounge while Im on vacation. I don't know if I can do it but Ill give it a try  Very Happy  Hold down the fort my peeps
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:39 pm

I also have a lift gauge, so I can test that too.  DP should have one also, if I ever remembered to make it for him, or maybe it's if he reminded me too? laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:12 am

Why would sccc tell me to get the bullet if he makes one?
Because you are just starting out and a Rc99 is a cheap investment and you are going to get a larger filter.
I didn't come to this forum to talk about my stuff, I came here because Mo was working on a TM project. The forum got locked from public view so I had to join to continue to see his progress.
I have not participated in any floater/loaner program because this is the thing, I have been doing it for almost 6 years....and the story and the history has been on all the forums from the beginning.
I make a product and sell it no big deal and another shoot out is not going to do anything to prove any point that hasn't already been done.
I don't really care if one is better than the other, the Rc will flow more cfm when full of debris, the numbers from these test only confuse guys that don't know or can't understand, I am not going to say why or put down Joe's product, Joe knows why but it doesn't matter.
I have moved on to other products, my heat booster, my gum/candy tool, no pump sprayer, my heat wrap for hose, and trying to get the time for my hose reel, and as you all know the DevPro wand that is getting so much drama.
The wand has caused so much crap on the other forums, I am really tired of being attacked for just wanting to do the things I love to do, so this talk about a test with the Devastator is just more than I want to deal with....no good will come out of it, for me honestly.
I DON'T go out of my way to stir up crap with JB and this is all that will happen.
If the Devastator wasn't what I say it is it would be out there on the net on the forums, it would be getting negative reviews it has been @ 6 years now and if it were bad, believe me the guys on the forums would have no problem saying it.
We are just happy to make and sell a product, and are thankful for it.
We sell the Devastator for 390.00 not 500.00, the reason it is 390.00 is because I hired a fabricator that has amazing talent to take it to a level I could not do with my own hands.....it was the best thing I could have done, from the time we made that decision we have had almost 100% satisfaction, that alone is huge, there is nothing worse than having to deal with faulty issues, or refunding money, or getting negative feedback from a unhappy customer.
I hope I am not coming across as a dick, that is not my intentions, I just have had enough with the filter battle bull crap, I have moved on, I feel I have done my best to make a product to the best of my abilities.
I'm focused on the DevPro wand right now, Tony has provided me with a awesome foundation to build on, and that is what I am working on, not because of Joe, it as nothing to do with him, my goal is to try and make the wand be one of the top wands, and I have some work to do, Tony has done a amazing job, and with Tony, Tim(my fabricator), the feedback from customers, and I, I think the DevPro swivel wand has a pretty good chance at getting there.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:48 am

The Wand Ezee handle is a perfect example, so many mixed reviews, some like, some don't.
I don't have issues with my wrist, shoulders with my normal wand grip.
I believe that Dave's W. E. handle is great, and would be great for guys that do have problems, but Dave is testing here with guys that don't need or have any issues with there bodies, so he is not getting the greatest feedback at all.
I did my review, and tried to consider if I had these problems with my body....would Dave's handle help? I believe it would, so it is just my best opinion that I can give.
Dave is going to have to figure out how to market his handle to the public, and this is where it starts to cost a poop load of money.
The Hugger, a great product, the Duck Guard a great product. All these are good but I can tell you...you can make a poop load more money just cleaning carpet, with a lot less crap to deal with than dealing with the forums and all the mixed reviews, trying to make sure you address all the issues that come up.
It was said that the forums are full of politics, they are, you really never know what or who is behind what is being said.
You have to believe in your product, you have to use your product, to get to know it, then weigh what is being said, and also see if what is being said holds truth, if so make the improvements, if not just take it with a grain of salt, because you will never put out all the fires, it is not possible.
I wish the best for Dave and his handle and the same for the other products mentioned.
I meet somebody at ICE last year, Jim Martin to be exact, he told me he had no idea how HARD it was to try and make a product for the general public of carpet cleaners to use, and he now understands how hard it is.
Joe, Dave or who ever makes something....it is because there heart is into it, they believe in it, but the forums can be very harsh at times. As time goes on you just end up where you are just filled up to the top, and have had enough...6 years is enough for my wife and I.
Piece out my friends, looks like I got the forum to work
Thomas C
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:45 am

So sccc...tell us how you feel! lol

I came in blind and was a bit confused is all. I really hated to buy a filter from someone else when someone in this forum had one...I was just confused (easy for me to do) I have tons of respect for what you do...I do it too in another market. I talked with JB and he explained a little and stayed respectful to everyone...he is a little rough on the edges but full of good info like milspec says.  Suspect

Thanks for your input!

As far as the shootout goes between the two filters...I would have liked to be able to see them both compare for more reasons than whos performs a little better...construction is important too.

Anyway, thank you for piping in....I jumped on this train not knowing one soul. I really was confused on the glides...everyone talked them up and when I called someone (not green glides nor JB) they talked me out of them AND had them for sale on the site! so, from glides to filters and MO trying to encourage it all....I was being supportive. The good I take away is knowing who is who and what site goes with who.

I understand you being here as a carpet cleaner....but if you want to be treated like one....remember you said it. LOL
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:14 am

Glad to see the site cooperated with you this time Tom and I expected that the loaner wasn't really needed after these years. I would have felt the same way.

So that there is no confusion, when I suggested that the price was about $500, it was based on seeing your filter listed on ebay the night before the posting.

There is a "new" filter of yours listed on there for $500 and I thought that it might have been you since it gave the option to choose which end cap configuration the buyer desired....read like it was coming from the builder.

Your website clearly shows the lower price, so this must just be somebody trying to make a buck with an inflated price.

Thanks for clearing up the price thing, didn't intend to mislead anyone.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:46 am

Tom, thank you for your honesty, I usually try to empty the filter halfway through the day, so higher cfm when full doesn't matter to me that much, if you don't mind me asking have you tested the cfm when both filters empty ? If yes, would you mind sharing the result ? If you don't want to share it here, you can pm me if you prefer, I will respect the privacy of this info and will not share it with anyone if you wish.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:23 am

Devon,
The glide input you got I don't understand why anybody would steer you away.
This is the thing....Dry Times.
The glide makers are taking the info and kinda twisting it to there marketing advantage and here is why.
A porty, or smaller blower TM is limited on airflow to begin with so....
When a HOLE GLIDE is installed in this type of set up the air speed or velocity IS INCREASED at the wand slot, this results in better recovery and dry times. "IN THAT SITUATION" so they are not lying but they are pushing the truth when talking about other setups.
When the glide is used like above it is not chocking the machine down really because the TM or porty is not STARVING for airflow or vacuum. Just the opposite it is lacking.
Now a TM that is able to put the hose run under some sort of vacuum load before the wand is on the carpet, and the vac relief is already leaking air due to the amount it is puling is NOT going to see the same gains in recovery or dry times as the little machine above.
My PC legend is modded to the hilt, well above 300 cfm at 100' my Vw Tm way way above that, so choking them down with a hole glide didn't do anything but make the vac relief open more and suck air from a different source.
Your 47 blower is going to do the same, and you will see for yourself that the dry times are not going to very much from glide to glide.
Hole glide will make your wand slide like on butter, this fact is going to contribute to better dry times because you just end up doing MORE dry strokes than you may normally do.
But slot and hole side by side with the same 1 pass wet 1 pass dry, the difference in final dry times is not going to be much, and your customers would more than likely not even notice.
The biggest gain to glides is just the simple fact it makes the wand much easier to use, and we use them everyday so the lifetime gains are really going to show when you get older in life, years of pushing a unglided wand will take its toll vs a glided wand.
So don't buy for dry times, buy because you are increasing your ability to clean longer with less pain in your future....YOU ARE the BEST TOOL, keeping you strong and in shape for years down the road is the biggest gain.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:24 am

I don't really disagree with Tom, except to say that I do believe that a glide improves dry times on cgd carpets. Without one, the vac slot can get closed off when it locks down.

On residential, Tom is 100% correct, it makes life easier, but not a big difference to dry times with a tm.

Personally, I'll take easier cleaning over dry times every time. That is why those rx20 units are still on the job. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:48 pm

So Im a tool? JK

Good info and it makes things a little more clear. Thanks for explaining.

I can see the "easier" benefit but didnt want to take easy over quality for sure.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:49 am

Devon07 wrote:So Im a tool? JK  

Good info and it makes things a little more clear. Thanks for explaining.

I can see the "easier" benefit but didnt want to take easy over quality for sure.

Devon,
It is really just the opposite, doing multiple dry passes is better, you remove more deep down grim with multiple dry passes than you realize also.
The thing is it allows you to work smarter....not harder, just because something is harder doesn't automatically make it better, some new tech is better, glides are better, they have really helped to make cleaning easier on the operator, what he chooses to do with it is up to him.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:22 am

I agree, easier and faster without compromising quality too much, here's what I mean by that, my dry passes are done a lot faster in the hot summer months because dry times are going to be as good or maybe better than winter months with much slower dry passes.
Sorry for joining in hijacking this thread Rolling Eyes
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Any ideas for a loaner program - Page 3 Empty cx15 IN A BOOK STORE

Post by kenbentkowski Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ovOM3IVVo4

kenbentkowski

http://www.sani-tech.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:55 pm

Looks like Ken likes his cx 15.. That might have been. A good tool tool rainbows job
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:57 pm

How bout a TNT loaner TM?

Call Les Mo!...

Les Mo....sounds contradicting or like a beverage sto. laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3