Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Carpet Repair and Color Restoration

4 posters

Go down

Carpet Repair and Color Restoration Empty Carpet Repair and Color Restoration

Post by milspec6 Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:39 am

I was looking ahead for next year's training classes with iicrc and noticed that there were a lot of classes for carpet repair and dying in Hawaii.

I wonder why it is so popular in that area and not so much in the Continental US? I have been trying to take the repair course for the last 2 years, but there hasn't been any in my region...most of them located in the coastal areas.

So, now I am curious. Why are skills such as carpet repair and dying more popular in the "paradise" regions of the world and not in the snow belt? It would almost seem like it should be the other way around for repairs. The dye makes sense for the sunny regions due to color wash out, but why the repairs?

Is it related to sand?

I actually have a couple to choose from this year, so I will be heading to Denver in the Spring to get it done. I would rather go to Hawaii, but that might be a little excessive. Razz
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Carpet Repair and Color Restoration Empty Re: Carpet Repair and Color Restoration

Post by Devon07 Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:32 pm

It gives a good excuse to leave bad weather to go to Hawaii and write it off. I bet the turn out is far greater than leaving a nice sunny location into Nebraska...lol
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Carpet Repair and Color Restoration Empty Re: Carpet Repair and Color Restoration

Post by Devon07 Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:49 pm

or Oklahoma! Wink
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:38 pm

its probably just where they think the most people will show up. in the mid west and central us everything is really spread out.. just look at a picture from space all the lights are concentrated on the coasts

carpet dying is a good one to know but you have to have a good eye for color, cant be even slightly color blind.

the only one I would be really interested in would be dying a bleach spot on tan or off white carpet, which is the most common time you would need it.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:41 pm

I used to do dye jobs and had a really good kit where you could overlay color slides until you reached the right tint. It told you what to mix up to match.

That was probably 12 years ago and I haven't been asked since except a few times on bleach spots like you pointed out.

I don't see myself doing many of those jobs when it is easier to just take the cookie cutter and replace that piece.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:32 pm

I'm certified in color repair but never provided the service, lol, I just took it so that I can extend my certification, ha..ha....

I think color repair is more popular in Hawaii because carpets are more expensive there ? And it's cheaper to spot dye than replacing the carpets ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down