Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

how do you clean painted stamped concrete?

+4
ACE Services
Mo
Kleeny
stairguy
8 posters

Go down

how do you clean painted stamped concrete? Empty how do you clean painted stamped concrete?

Post by stairguy Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:13 am

I have a house to clean that has interior painted stamped concrete. The concrete has an irregular surface with lots of pits and grooves where dark areas have developed. I have used a strong alkaline cleaner with a degreaser, scrubbed and cleaned it with an SX-12. While the general grime is gone, the dark areas in the pits and grooves have not come up. Also a traffic area, where the breakfast table was - is still dark. My next option is to try standard acid tile and grout cleaner, but I'd like some advice if you know something better. Thank you.

stairguy

Back to top Go down

how do you clean painted stamped concrete? Empty Re: how do you clean painted stamped concrete?

Post by Kleeny Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:21 am

Is it painted or stained? When stained, many times the pits and grooves will have more stain pigment and be a darker color.

Kleeny

http://www.KLEENY.com

Back to top Go down

how do you clean painted stamped concrete? Empty Re: how do you clean painted stamped concrete?

Post by Mo Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:29 pm

Maybe a Gecko style tool would get into the nooks and crannies
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:33 pm

Use muriatic acid you can get it at Home Depot or Lowe's. It's used for cleaning brick and stone. Read the directions for dilution I think the pH is around 1 to 2. Another thing that I've used on a lot of jobs to clean and strip is Easy-Off oven cleaner think about it if it'll take off baked on food and grease paint doesn't stand a chance. Just my thoughts.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:07 pm

Careful using muratic acid indoors.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:26 am

Kleeny wrote:Is it painted or stained? When stained, many times the pits and grooves will have more stain pigment and be a darker color.
Did not think about that, I bet it is stained because that is what a lot of people who stamp concrete do in the stamping process.
Mo you are right about the muriatic acid you have to be careful about ventilation but also when diluted it helps to cut down on the smell and Vapors but still you have to be very careful. That being said I would give the Easy-Off oven cleaner a chance it will take stain out of wood. Just try a small spot and see.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by stairguy Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:32 pm

Thank you for your suggestions. I think it is stained concrete, and the pits and grooves are just darker because of the presence of more stain chemical.

stairguy

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:01 pm

I hate surfaces like that. The best way to do it is with a CRB machine or brush scrubber of some kind....even a shop broom with stiff bristles would help so that they can get into those little irregular spaces.

Concrete can be tricky with acid cleaners....I would stay away from them as its reaction will be dependent on variables that you can't control and can eat through it in worst case scenarios.

High alkaline cleaners with a stiff brushing tool.....your best bet.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 am

is it polished or unpolished?

you can connect your sx-12 (if it can handle it) to a pressure washer and use TM for vac only

sometimes to clean concrete or cement you need high pressure, chems wont always do it
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by steamprony Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:21 am

Use wire-bristled brush to clean it. After that use solution of muriatic acid with water, pour it and scrub the solution with bristle push broom.

This has to work.
steamprony
steamprony

http://www.steamprony.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IamJoel Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:36 pm

Mo wrote:Careful using muratic acid indoors.

I agree. You must have to be careful while using this acid. Use protective gloves and avoid smelling it.

IamJoel

Back to top Go down

Post by steamprony Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:19 am

You will be wire-bristled brush, muriatic acid, water and nylon-bristle push broom. Use wire-bristled brush to remove loose and peeling paint. As stamped concrete surface is cleaned, now its turn of muriatic acid. One part muriatic acid with 10 parts water and pour it over the concrete. Lastly scrub the solution with a nylon-bristle push broom.
steamprony
steamprony

http://www.steamprony.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down