Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Encap Protector

+4
REALCLEAN
Ryan S
Freemind1
Pro Touch
8 posters

Go down

Encap Protector Empty Encap Protector

Post by Pro Touch Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:27 am

I read a statement in another thread that Ryan had made and it said, " Most encap products act as protectors."
I don't know about anyone else, but the lightbulb went off over my head.
This explains why encaps help to prevent wicking, and help with stains and resoiling.
So I did a little research that I will share. Encapsulants have both wet and dry (solid) detergency whereas protectors only have dry (solid)detergency.
There are two primary types of encapsulants: Cyrstallizers & films
Non enduring or crystallizers are designed to not leave any residue behind after one vacuuming.
Enduring Films leave a polymer and/or acid dye blockers behind to help prevent resoiling and stains. Small amounts are removed each time during vacuuming.
Now I understand the chemistry behind it.
I see there are encap products out there with extra protector built in as well to make the protection more enduring. Clean and protect in one step sounds like a time saver and a real added value for your client.
Thank you Ryan for pointing out something that I have experienced but hadn't put the dots together as to why.
Eric
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Encap Protector Empty Re: Encap Protector

Post by Freemind1 Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:19 pm

I have seen other people that make encapsulate products offer "protector" products. Unless you know their chemistry, how does the average cleaner KNOW which is which? ( as in does their regular products have the film type encap in it)

I know Galinas offers one, as well as Green Guard. I'd like to know if SOE is this film type or has some of the film type in it. It would just be another selling point of the product to our customers.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:57 pm

Fantastic Post Eric,

You have just displayed why Real Cleaners set them selves apart from the rest and hang out here at The Cleaners Lounge. Don't trust what your told until you do your homework. I have followed this principal from the beginning. Ask, evaluate, research, field test, and form YOUR own conclusion.

Thanks for the research Eric!  No doubt your a Pro!
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:51 am

I test EVERYTHING! Of course, I'm a bit of a chemistry geek though. The entire VLM method is really dependent on the encapsulate and its ability to release. Plenty of people can come up with a great cleaning solution, but the advantage lies in the crystal.

I test everything on glass and carpet remnants. I spray an RTU solution on glass, let it dry, and see how it releases. I clean carpet fragments as normal, let them dry, thoroughly vacuum, and then re-wet it to see if I can drum up some of the soap.

I'm not a fan of the "films". They are not true encapsulates imo. I've tested them for about 4 years in the real world, (a benefit of still having a janitorial business also), and the films always resoil faster than the crystals.

I've tried almost everything on the market. (almost, because new stuff is coming out constantly). If you want to know who the best is, just look around at who everyone is bashing. Rick at Releasit and Joe at Wanders. Well, bashing may be a bit strong, but its obvious who has a chip on their shoulder, and it ain't Rick or Joe. Both guys make great products and customer service is top notch.

I mostly deal with Joe now, because S/O/E is a great product, affordable, and Joe is a breeze to deal with.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spot Doc Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:38 pm

Great Post, water based protectors that are DFE will become the norm IMO. SOE is performing well for me also!

The Spot Doc

http://www.drygreenofva.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:50 pm

Joe, can you produce a protector using this type of polymer for a post spray protector ?
I just purchased a case of Green Guard and love that it has no odor . I think it complements S/O very well for people that have issues or allergies to a perfume or odor based product .
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.absolutelykleener.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Larry Henson Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:36 am

Joe Bristor wrote:Larry etal

I can and would make a DfE protector if there was a need.  But seems that several of you have already told me how happy you are with those already available.

I barely have any time left as it is, so I tend to try and solve only those problems that haven't already been solved, like leaky cuffs, leaky jets, stiff hose, overpriced equipment including wands and extractors to name a few, poor service, shipping that gouges you, these types of things is what I try and solve.

Robert, Premier, aka Fuzzsucker was the first who told me of Triplex's Great products & prices. Why reinvent that wheel?
And Sam Miller told me of another can't recall exactly, Go clean – green cleaners & protector.
Seems to me that these makers are the people who should get free ads here in exchange for helping us understand how they actually solved the problem, inexpensively.
Where are they?

I think the better Q is .... have you guys been been in touch with these people telling them about this place? Any of you?

I understand Joe . " Larry etal " I had to copy and paste etal in Google to find out what it meant .

Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.absolutelykleener.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnet Pro Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:27 pm

Something to consider.

The reason a good encap stays clean longer is because it leaves what is called a positive residue. Many detergent rinse can leave a negative residue that can cause a faster re soil.
Personally, I like to prespray with an encap when extracting and do a clear water rinse to prevent a rapid re soil. the clear water rinse speaks for itself and if it misses any of the pre treat then i get a small amount of that positive residue.

Think about the math. A quality protector can cost in the neighborhood of $ 45.00 per gallon. Some a little more or less.They will be applied full strength but many are diluted 1 to 1 or 1:3 or in that range.

How then does a cleaning product that cost $ 35.00 per gallon, contains encap polymers, surfactants, builders and what ever else they contain and also contain the "protector" work?
These product are not mixed 1 to 1 they are mixed 4 to 8 ounces per gallon and contain many other ingredient at a lower price point and greater dilution. It does not make much sense mathematically. More like marketing.

If I have a 45 dollar protector that works and now I add in all sorts of cleaners and polymers my price is much higher than $45 it does not drop to $ 35.00. and get diluted so much more then the original.

Just my 2cents.
Bonnet Pro
Bonnet Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:51 pm

I've not seen anyone marketing their encap juice as "fiber protector built in." It contains a small amount, sure, but it aids in cleaning more than protecting.

I think its just us cleaners that have promoted that idea.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnet Pro Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:05 am

There is at least one company I know of that does market that protector is built in.
Bonnet Pro
Bonnet Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:03 am

Really? They are claiming the added protector is equivalent to one added post cleaning? That's nonsense!

I know Rick adds some Soileze to his Releasit products, but he's very upfront that it aids the cleaning process, not protects the carpet, that's why he sells Soileze solo.

BTW, I love your Fresh Scent product. I've always received compliments on that fragrance.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down