Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Security Tip

5 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Security Tip Empty Security Tip

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:33 pm

I just had a call from my sister in a neighboring town. She had a guy break into her house last night while she was sleeping. I thought I would share a couple of details to get you thinking about protecting yourself.

First off, most crooks that break into a home have already been there recently. Most of them will have been working on your gutters, mowing your lawn, or installing your cable a few days prior. A crook never goes into a home without intel as to what is in there and what conditions he will find. Yes, some are even carpet cleaners which is why so many customers place trust at such a high level when they select a company. If the lawn guy asks to use your bathroom, make sure he isn't unlatching a window before he leaves....happens a lot gang.

Also, once they see the interior of your home, most crooks will try and find out what your schedule is so they can break in while you are away. Some might place pizza flyers on your door to see how long it stays there before you remove it or look for newspapers on the porch. No crook wants to find you in the house and they will study your habits....ever notice that van sitting across the street for a few days?

In my sister's case, the crook was a roofer that she allowed into the home to use the bathroom and get some water 4 days ago. He chose to break in through the bathroom window when he thought the house would be empty (my sister works night shifts), but on this day she was home sick.

Once my sisters realized their was someone in the home, she grabbed her car keys next to the bed and hit the panic button. The alarm sounding in the garage sent the crook back out through the window and down the driveway where he was spotted by the neighbor and his DOBERMAN!

One last tip for you. Keep your valuables in your kids bedroom. Of all the criminals I spoke to in prison, they all told me three things:

1. They never go into a kids room looking for anything valuable...too messy and not likely to contain much.
2. They will never break into a farm house as there is normally just one way in and out...plus farmers tend to shoot.
3. The sound of a racked shotgun is enough to chase them off in a hurry, forget about the pistols.

In fact, there was one inmate who was convicted of 47 home thefts used to drive an old cable installer van and would park outside the house for a week to record the times that a house was empty. Then he would just park the van in the driveway and rob the place in broad daylight. Nobody ever suspected a thing since the sight of a cable van is pretty common.

Well, he finally got caught after he went into the house and the owner returned to retrieve something that he forgot. This crook was a very large and imposing guy who was waiting behind the wall in the living room to club the owner as he came down the stairs....until he heard the racking of a shotgun! It was the crook who called 911 begging them to get there before he got shot.

Hope this helps someone.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Security Tip Empty Re: Security Tip

Post by REALCLEAN Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:55 pm

At least he got busted. Now off to jail to compare notes and become a better criminal.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Scary stuff, thanks fo9r the tips, Rob!!  wink 

I hope your sister's OK??
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:53 pm

Is that an A1 with full auto?

Full auto tended to jam often, but it was a lot of fun. They took them away from me about a year into my service with the crappy A2.

Sister is fine, she didn't seem too spooked by it. I was impressed by her decision to hit the panic button on her key ring...I would not have thought of that.

Dude gets to go to prison and compare skin grafts and bite marks.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:29 pm

I like the coach guns actually, but from what I learned over the years working in the prisons, that pump action is the key. I would rather they run then her have to shoot.

H&K G3.....nice. I always got stuck with the 50 cal. or carrying a mortar base plate. I don't miss either of them at all. rabbit 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:42 pm

It's nice to know your sister is okay. I'm sure it will be a little stressful and jumpy for her for awhile. I've faced an intruder before and have luckily come out on top. Since then I can hear a cockroach walking on cotton while I sleep and that was 30 years ago. Thanks for the tips.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down