Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Advertisement

+4
Freemind1
dp1
Ryan S
Jrod
8 posters

Go down

Advertisement  Empty Advertisement

Post by Jrod Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:15 am

I quit YB advertising because the sales lady wanted twice as much for the same ad than the year before. However, I do want to advertise. I want to put my ad money on what I feel it would be more efficient and effective.

What would you suggest Question 

I recently called Google Adwords, after a detailed discussion, they wanted to "pull" the monthly payments from my credit card. I had a bad experience with a merchant that "pulled" the payments from my C/C so I don't do "pull" payments and they told they don't do invoice. So...Google is out.

Jrod

http://www.MyFamilyCarpetCare.com

Back to top Go down

Advertisement  Empty Re: Advertisement

Post by Ryan S Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:30 am

You can do a pay per click campaign with a specific amount of money every month. Adjust it to a point that sends the amount of work you can handle.

You can do a Search Engine Optimization on your website. Which is basically a word optimization strategy.

There are a lot of options to consider.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:26 pm

If credit card pull is the only reason why you hesitated, why not sign up for a prepaid card or get another account with a debit card and just put enough to cover the advertisement cost ?
YB is dead in my opinion for most areas, google adwords / pay per click works almost anywhere, yelp and angie's list works on certain markets and you have to have some good reviews to support the ads, without them, the ads won't work since it beats the purpose of people searching there.
Direct mail may still work in certain markets however it's expensive and it's hard to be certain that it's working until you try it and if it doesn't work, you can be in the red for thousands of dollars.
Craigslist is another one that's gotten mixed results but it's free, search the thread about craigslist in the search column up there in this forum.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:10 pm

Whatever you do for marketing, is HAS to be consistent.

I would suggest EDDM, D2D, in addition to blowing up marketing on the net.

It takes money to make money.

Even in my small market, AdWords, done correctly, can bring in leads.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:12 pm

Hire a commission based independant door to door salesman with previous experience...
I recently ran into a pest control company that the owner would pull up to the job and 2 salesmen would pop out of the truck and start knowing doors in the surrounding houses. By the time the owner / sprayer guy was done he already had another job just down the block... In my eyes this is a game changer once the rinse repeat method is in full throttle. Think about that for carpet cleaning u would only need one salesman and that would give him a about an hour to get another job. Clockwork baby clockwork!
When in doubt with advertising or marketing, go old school. It's impossible not to work, unlike the interweb.
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:07 pm

I use to door knock myself when I was new in this biz, and did get a lot of work doing it.

The problem I saw with it for carpet cleaning was the type of person that agrees to have their carpet cleaned like that, spur of the moment was usually only tempted to do so by a very low price and usually it was a small job, only a room or two..........that might work for a lot of guys but it was never my kinda preferred deal really.

I'd say knocking on doors not a bad idea to get new customers, and you'll have higher end jobs, if you're willing to do it to introduce yourself and in the process create a customer down the road and ur not looking for same day cleaning jobs. Just my O and experience.

To the Original poster, I'd put my money into Yelp advo, if it's something that people are using in your area, but like DP said don't waste your money until you get some reviews built up, and you're near the top of your category for your service in your area. Or you're just throwing your money away, just ask a here I think a guy or two here that have tried it with too little reviews with little success.  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:54 pm

In my small market area, I am going out and hanging a flyer with a magnetic business card on the doors of key neighborhoods. I will be covering 5 small towns within 30 miles of each other with over a 1,000 door hangers by this time next week.

Not sure what to expect, but I do know that many of those smaller towns don't have a local cleaner so it might be the first advertisement any of them have seen. I am hoping to at least get good exposure in those new markets.

In the farming communities around here, not many people will spend time looking for an out of town cleaner off the web. I am hoping that they will jump on one local when they see one in the area.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jrod Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:15 am

Thank you guys, for all your help and advice!

Jrod

http://www.MyFamilyCarpetCare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:30 pm

door to door works for commercial like restaurants that arent owned by a national company.    

works for residential but everyone here has no soliciting signs and some of the new development neighborhoods with home owners associations dont allow it.  

I think review sites are the biggest and best right now along with google searches,   I would focus everything you got on those 2.    

sending out junk mail Im not a fan of,    cards to previous customers are great and crucial

Do whatever you can to build reviews on angies list and yelp and let the free part work for itself.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down