Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Spending the day cleaning up

+4
ACpower1
Pro Touch
REALCLEAN
milspec6
8 posters

Go down

Spending the day cleaning up Empty Spending the day cleaning up

Post by milspec6 Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:32 pm

I had one of those rare days today where it was sunny and 84 with a nice breeze.  I was getting a little stressed out lately and decided to stay home and get some tasks done on the van.  Some of it was just the normal stuff, but I ran into a couple of things that you might find useful.

First off, I cleaned a home yesterday that owned 2 dobermans (not Zeus and Apollo) and this was their first cleaning in about 5 years.  The carpet actually looked pretty good at first glance and it cleaned up really well.  I had left my crb at the house by mistake and ran the Hoss rotary extractor on this one to give my elbow a rest.

Ever wonder how much hair 2 dogs can shed over 5 years??  Not any more.....

Spending the day cleaning up Img_2016

I had to pull off all the vacuum slots and jets to get this one cleaned up before tomorrow....good grief what a mess.  You want to talk about sanitizing a carpet...how about removing enough hair to make a cat!  They had no idea how bad things were and neither did I, but I can ensure you that they will be cleaning a lot more in the future. Very Happy 

After that was resolved, I replaced my water hose with 3/8 air hose like Joe has suggested for years.  I never went that route in the past as I didn't like the idea of cutting the hose in order to install ends that would hook up to a spigot.  Simple enough, but it seemed like it would just invite leaks at the clamp...especially with my skills with clamps. Razz 

That changed today as I found a custom hose shop that carried an adapter fitting with a 1/4 inch threads on one end and the garden hose 3/4 male on the other side.  Now I could connect the air hose to the spigot without having to cut off the ends.  It is simple, but it was a big step for me as I can get rid of my garden hose and coil this air hose onto a reel and out of the way.  It will really be nice in the winter.

Spending the day cleaning up Img_2017

Spending the day cleaning up Img_2018

The last step of the day was cleaning out the spray jugs.  I have probably 4 jugs in the garage that I have retired because they were used for multiple chemicals and I really didn't like the way that the residual still affects anything that I introduce.   This was a weakness of mine for a long time, not labeling the jugs and keeping chemicals separate that might not be compatible.

Today, I tried something different.  I bought a few packs of a product called "Nutra-Sol" which is used to clean out sprayers for the pesticide crowd.  I figured that although most pesticides are acidic, this might be worth a try.  Followed the directions and rinsed several times....result?  I now have 4 more tanks that are ready to go.

I was impressed, it not only cleaned up the jugs, but it removed the residual odor of the previous chemicals.  I really couldn't smell the previous contents any more, even that booster "Energy" didn't survive.  I would say this is a pretty handy little product for those of us too stupid to keep the jugs separated. Mad 

Spending the day cleaning up Nutra10

Now it is time to enjoy a nice run....had a pretty nice day.  I hope you all did as well. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Spending the day cleaning up Empty Re: Spending the day cleaning up

Post by REALCLEAN Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:29 pm

I'm not sure that's the hair from the dogs, I think it actually may be one of the dogs. lol! 
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:00 pm

Thanks for the nutra sol tip. I always wondered how to get rid of odors in spray tanks.

I bet you won't forget your crb next time!
I pulled enough hair out of a place today to to make a cocker spaniel.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:17 pm

nice, I was going to ask someone about what air hose size to replace garden hose. Our goodyear must have got stepped on because the female end was mashed when I got home yesterday.

I think im going to roll with the air hose too. might even connect it to the live reel ive been using as a normal reel to save a few seconds on each job.

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Pro Touch wrote:Thanks for the nutra sol tip. I always wondered how to get rid of odors in spray tanks.

I bet you won't forget your crb next time!
I pulled enough hair out of a place today to to make a cocker spaniel.

I actually had the crb, but not the handle...left it next to the van when loaded for the day. Believe me, that was the last time that will happen. Mad 

That nutra sol really worked well, should be able to find it at tractor supply stores or similar types. I picked up those packets for a $1 each on sale....should have bought more. I was really impressed. cheers 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:54 pm

ACpower1 wrote:nice,    I was going to ask someone about what air hose size to replace garden hose.    Our goodyear must have got stepped on because the female end was mashed when I got home yesterday.  

I think im going to roll with the air hose too.   might even connect it to the live reel ive been using as a normal reel to save a few seconds on each job.    

I've been thinking the same thing with the live reel for the air hose. I liked my zilla garden hose, but it takes up too much room hanging off the shelf. A compact reel will be a nice change.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:59 pm

ACpower1 wrote:nice,    I was going to ask someone about what air hose size to replace garden hose.    

3/8"

Get a Hybrid, PVC/Rubber hose......not just one or the other.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:58 pm

I believe Nutra Sol is actually citric acid. I'm sure someone will research it, but I am pretty sure that is what it is.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:19 pm

100' of zilla on a live reel.....I love mine.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:49 pm

Freemind1 wrote:I believe Nutra Sol is actually citric acid. I'm sure someone will research it, but I am pretty sure that is what it is.

Will have to check to see if it was that simple....didn't seem to act that way, but I didn't look for an ingredient list either. Probably should have...
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:52 pm

My carpet cleaner wrote:100' of zilla on a live reel.....I love mine.

I love the hose, but I am really fighting for space right now on the van and it just takes up more room than an air hose reel. Still, that Zilla is great stuff and remained flexible down to -24 last winter...no complaints on that.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:10 pm

milspec6 wrote:
Freemind1 wrote:I believe Nutra Sol is actually citric acid. I'm sure someone will research it, but I am pretty sure that is what it is.

Will have to check to see if it was that simple....didn't seem to act that way, but I didn't look for an ingredient list either.  Probably should have...

Found the MSDS and the main ingredient is good old fashioned sodium carbonate (soda ash), no ph listed, but soda ash should create a strong alkaline solution.  It doesn't list the other "secret" trade protected ingredients, but it makes me wonder a little.

One of the best ways to keep a waste tank or grey tank on an RV clean is to add sodium carbonate (acts as a water softening agent) and an anti-bacterial agent.  The softening agent will reduce residue from sticking to the walls of the tank and the anti-bacterial agent will keep the odors from developing.  This works really well on a nearly full tank in my experience.

So, it is no wonder that it did such a good job at removing the residue from the sprayer jugs which I really thought would have been permanently absorbed into the plastic before I cleaned them.  I keep learning something new these days. Shocked
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:21 pm

There you go Robert. Now you know how to save more money!

recently, I wanted two towel pockets for my window belt. Instead of laying out 80 bucks for two pouches, I had my wife make me two with a yard of duck canvas. Cost about 5 bucks, and they are made the way I want them.  Very Happy

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:44 pm

You are absolutely correct! A little knowledge can save you some coin every time. cheers 

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ericnh Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:16 pm

Good post!! First cleaning in 5 years?? I wonder what made them stay away from cleaning for so long.  And that is just too much of dog hair from a carpet. But since they haven’t cleaned for so long, they can’t really complain.  Sometimes carpets look clean at first but may cause certain bad odors. It is a common thing, especially those with pets and are reluctant to clean regularly.  There are some simple carpet cleaning tips to take care of minor carpet odor problems. But for severe issues people must seek help of a professional cleaner.

ericnh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down