Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Cleaning too hot

4 posters

Go down

Cleaning too hot Empty Cleaning too hot

Post by milspec6 Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:23 am

With the van still at the shop, I had to use the TNT with the #4 heater last night. It was the first time that I used it for a sizable commercial job, with mixed results.

First off, I filled that waste tank twice which required some down time to disconnect and find a drain to dump. I am not used to that since I have been using that 210 gallon tank in my Butler van for almost 10 years. I guess it isn't a big deal, but I can't imagine that I would be happy doing that late night in single digit temperatures.

The TM ran flawlessly for the 6 hours of cleaning time. Vacuum was strong, no mishaps, but the #4 created a love / hate response from me. It was just too damn hot, I had to keep returning to the truck to back it off until I was just at mid-dial. It was just sending steam out my jets with very little water until I found the sweet spot at 200 feet of hose. As I removed psi line working my way back, I had to go back out and turn it down again as it was just steam central.

The good part was that it really didn't consume much propane at the mid-dial at all. I was worried about running out when I got there, but just laughed when I checked the gauge when loading up. That heater can run a long time on a tank at about 212 degrees.

I will say that the drive home was much nicer than sitting in a sauna like in the van. I dropped in some Ray Charles CD's and just enjoyed the trip. Too bad this will not work out when the winter gets here. Between the dumping mid-job and trying to keep from freezing up on the road, I just don't see it working out.

Still a nice set-up for residential and small commercials....in the warmer time of the year. I actually scalded my leg through the pants with the psi line at one point. I haven't done anything like that since I left California. Laughing
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Cleaning too hot Empty Re: Cleaning too hot

Post by ACE Services Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:39 am

Yeah I found out awhile ago talking to Les at judson that the adjustment at the heater really is a high temp limit sw, not a thermostat, it just cuts off to prevent from going over the set point.
As for the waste tank. Add another tank. Then dump when you get home. This may help with your other problem. By having the recovery tank full of hot water, it will also put heat into the compartment with the unit.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:33 pm

A radiator full of waste water? Now there is a new idea.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:42 pm

How many gallons waste tank do you have in there now ?
Are you sure you want to drive down icy road with 2 waste tanks full of waste water ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:50 pm

The truck is just using the built-in tank of the TNT. I normally dump the tank on the property when I am done...they have proper drain systems for it.

That truck has a GVWR of almost 29,000 lbs and the floors slant towards the center of the box so it would be able to handle some very large tanks. I just miss the 210 gallon tank I have with the Butler.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:35 am

The tnt has a 120 gallon wastw tank ok for residential but commercial and tiles jobs you need to dump
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:57 pm

Yup, residential it is the perfect size, but not commercial except for offices or maybe if running a low flow wand. For all else, dumping is required.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:43 am

I think I have found the sweet spot with this heater. I cleaned commercial last night with the dial just below half way and it performed much better. Used less than a gallon per hour running a 12 flow wand and still maintained 180 degrees at the wand out 175 feet.

I prefer it that way, I don't need to scorch myself all the time with anything hotter. I still get a little nervous over the propane flame left unattended, but there were times where I forgot all about, so I would eventually get used to it.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down