Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Dont be a hack, pull the carpet back

4 posters

Go down

Dont be a hack,   pull the carpet back Empty Dont be a hack, pull the carpet back

Post by ACpower1 Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:47 pm

Went to an empty house job and they wanted some minor pet treatments.

Went through the entire house with blacklight and hydroshark. No beeps and no glowing.

You could see the areas that were a little discolored, looked very minor. Was about a 2ft round area in each of the living areas downstairs, very light discoloration and nothing glowing or beeping. I told the customer it looks like they have been trying to clean it themselves (the previous renters)

I flushed out the areas with water claw, deodorized, etc Everything seemed fine, no smell when I left. New renter moves in and cant stand the smell. Says it smells like urine and perfume, says her kids are getting headaches from the perfume smell.

I told them when I was flushing the areas that it was loaded with soap residue, tons of resolve is what I figured.

So I go back today and pull the carpet in both rooms and it was a party underneath... both rooms were total pet bathrooms but you would never know from the surface, carpet looked clean, no glowing, no hydro shark beeps. Just a couple spots.

After this we now have a new deal, no pet treatments without pulling the carpet back cause were not hacks.

I have done many successful treatments in many homes with great results... but man when I think back on myself sitting there with a water claw having no idea what is underneath it just makes me laugh. There was so much old urine and it had been pet treated so many times probably.

If you dont pull the carpet back, ur a hack... new motto
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Dont be a hack,   pull the carpet back Empty Re: Dont be a hack, pull the carpet back

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:05 pm

LOL

Pull the carpet back ya hack huh. laughing

If the padding and floor are saturated with urine and you're trying to only treat the surface, then you're fighting a loosing battle has also been my experience..
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Dont be a hack,   pull the carpet back Empty Re: Dont be a hack, pull the carpet back

Post by ACpower1 Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:08 pm

ya,   the point is no matter how much you think the hydro shark and black light are going to help they told me nothing in this situation.

no smell in the house, and barely any spots on the surface... but omg they must have had pet treatments done more than a few times.

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:21 pm

Yea you have to think of it like an iceberg, much more below than above. And you really never know unless you have a look under the carpet.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:25 pm

I thought the hydeosjark could detect moisture in the pad I'm a haxk cause I don't Even own one
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:31 pm

ya it doesnt always Mo. In some cases urine can stay moist for up to 7 years if its concentrated enough the urine salts will pull moisture out of the air.

If it dries out then the shark wont detect it. But if you then steam clean it, you can reactivate all the bacteria and have a big smelly problem.

Im pretty good about asking customers if they have had pet treatments done before, but this one slipped by me on a busy day.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:49 pm

It happens man. I need get one of those hydro sharks
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:09 pm

ya it still played a part once I stuck it in the backing of the carpet and in the pad, pad was a really dark purple color so it was the only way to know where it was.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzsucker Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:55 pm

Yeah buddy. I have been there. That's why I never guarantee pet odor removal. My state is so dry you wont get any reading from a hydroshark 50% of the time. Now with these slippery poly blends the pee goes right past the fiber and into the backing. Can't find it with a blacklight either untill u spread the fibers apart and shine the light on the backing. Alot of the time you can't even smell it until its wet. I had a unit the carpet showed nothing under light and shark had no reading, but the floor felt funny when you walked on it and the room stunk so bad of cat piss. We pulled the carpet up to a horror show of piss. The subfloor had swollen and turned into a black green foam. I took pictures and whenever someone asked why I don't guarantee pet odor removal I show them the photos. Good luck with a water claw on that mess.
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://thepremierclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:36 pm

LOL I bet they don't doubt what you're saying after you show them those pictures
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down