Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Android smart phone for business....

+7
TimM
Fuzzsucker
dp1
Davey Cracker
andrryb
ACpower1
Freemind1
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Android smart phone for business.... Empty Android smart phone for business....

Post by Freemind1 Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Of the three, which would you choose and why?
1 Samsung S5
2 Samsung Note 3
3 Samsung Mega

I have an S4 now, but am debating an upgrade. To be honest, I'd like to get a Note 3. I do like the little bit bigger screen on the Mega though.

The Note kinda points higher for me, with the stylus and the business friendly environment of the phone.

I haven't really looked over the S5 much, because it appears to be geared toward people who love to work out, and not so much about business function.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Android smart phone for business.... Empty Re: Android smart phone for business....

Post by ACpower1 Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:16 pm

I cant stand samsungs,   Ive had almost every galaxy and more than a few of each.  

I bet the new ones are nice,    note 3 is stupid because its like carrying around a small tablet thats not a tablet...   and then if it was a tablet you might as well have a surface pro and be able to use excel and a lot of crucial business programs.    

Out of those I would go with S5 because its a reasonable size to talk on.     I switch to iphone because of lifeproof case (completely submergable,  under water camera)  and also its a durable easy to use phone that gets way better battery life. This is the 5 not the 6, I didnt want the 6 because I just have a thing with oversized phones, carrying around a flat screen tv in your pocket just isnt my style   

We carry tablets too but soon switching to surface pro or small laptops
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Android smart phone for business.... Empty Re: Android smart phone for business....

Post by andrryb Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:36 pm

Moto X and Republic Wireless service for $25 a month. No one can beat the price. Works great. And just got Moto 360 smart Watch, great addition to your Android Phone. You can see who's calling, read messages and emails, navigate to next job. Even check your heart rate right after work

andrryb

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:44 pm

ACpower1 wrote:.....   I didnt want the 6 because I just have a thing with oversized phones,   carrying around a flat screen tv in your pocket just isnt my style   

What do you mean, you don't like holding a piece of toast up to your head to talk on the phone?!?! laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:48 pm

ACpower1 wrote:note 3 is stupid because its like carrying around a small tablet thats not a tablet...   and then if it was a tablet you might as well have a surface pro and be able to use excel and a lot of crucial business programs.

Really ? How is it stupid aside from those false reasons you mentioned above ? I have a note 3, fits in my pocket, battery last for a day and a half with about 60 calls ( 3 minutes per call ) with Bluetooth on, and I use excel and Adobe reader and scheduling customers, etc.

I like Android and will not switch to anything else even if someone were to pay me to switch, but that's just me Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzsucker Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:21 pm

Been very pleased with the Samsung notes. I will get another when my contract comes up.
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://thepremierclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TimM Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:28 am

I went from an I phone 4 to the Galaxy S5 earlier this summer. and I love it. I love the bigger screen (Old Age) easy to learn and takes unbelievable pictures and video. I use my phone as a hot spot for my tablet and do most of my business stuff off of the tablet now instead of the phone.
TimM
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://magaw.org/PriceIsRightCarpetCleaning/

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:37 am

Some people LOVE Apple and will use nothing else.
I HATE Apple, and will never use one. I am a total Android junkie, like the Apple Junkies.

I have had Samsung phones for the past two years, and will not buy much else. Tried other brands and none seem to last very long compared to Samsung. Battery life is about the same from smart phone to smart phone.
Samsung is THE top of the market for smart phone innovators. They have surpassed apple, before the IPhone 5.
My biggest gripe with Samsung is the preloaded BS on the devices, but every other maker is no different.
Bigger phones don't bother me. As long as it fits in my pocket, it's all good. My phones have always worn a OtterBox Defender too. Best case in production, IMHO.
And yes, I can run Microsoft spreadsheets on my phone. There's an app for that homie!No issues running any type of documents on my phone.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:08 pm

Im not big time apple guy I hate the computers. I just had so much bad luck with samsung after 6 phones you just dont even want to try another.

battery life was terrible, phone would randomly get so hot in my pocket its burning my leg, antennae kept going out for some reason and they would give me a replacement only for it to happen again after a few months.

once you realize the thing is costing you missed calls going straight to voicemail its gtfo time

the camera was always really nice
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:37 pm

The tech guys are all saying that Apple is playing catch up to Samsung's phones right now, but I am not a tech guy. For me, as long as it gets a good signal, has a strong battery, and takes good photos...well, then that is the phone for me.

As of right now, I don't have that phone in my Droid 4 so I would like to make a change as well.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:39 pm

they are pretty much playing catch up but only because lots of people like big screens for facebook,  games,  etc

biggest thing I noticed with iphone was signal and battery.    lifeproof case and its a military grade device.     I fish,  carpet clean, paddle board,   snowboard,  play airsoft so kinda need a completely waterproof case that wont fail. I only use my phone as a phone.

even small laptops you just cant really get down to business on, I got a tablet and like it for media and entertainment but it sucks for business.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:08 pm

I ended up buying a Note 3. I was ultimately going to wait for the Note 4 because of the improvements (16MP camera, Insanely sharp screen, and the quad core processor).
But, I would need to drop 300 at the time of purchase and 25 bucks a month on the bill for 18 months ($450), so the phone would run me 750 total. Too dang much for a phone that will last two or at best three years.

Bought a Note 3 for 250 cash, no extending my contract (or the 25 a month surcharge). Like new phone, only a month old. I did however, buy a Otterbox defender case at ATT for $5 though. Very Happy Must have been on clearance, as it was marked $60 normally.

Looking forward to getting the Note.

Also bought a gear watch. We'll see how handy it is as well.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:34 pm

I envy you guys and the way that you use all this technology, I use my phone as a phone mostly. Outside of camera, emails, and internet access, I am tapped out on my skill-set with a smart phone.

I am thinking about getting a tablet just to show customers previous work when they ask for references.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeW Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:38 pm

I would get a note. If you accept credit cards with square they can sign with your stylus. I have the 2 and going to get the 4 next month. My wife has the iPhone 6 and I still prefer my note. It's big enough to surf the Web but not to big.
MikeW
MikeW
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.PaylessSteamCleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:55 pm

I used to be in the same camp, up to 4 years ago. I thought the very idea of texting was stupid.

Now I'm not. I have always been a bit "nerdy" and "Techie" about stuff. But I fully realize how integrated we are with cell phones. Everyone connects with everyone through some form or fashion with phones and apps.
The reality is, in a time very near in the future, we will need to have a smart phone and internet connection for about everything.

My doctors office (medical group) now wants patients to use their app and whatnot. This to schedule appointments, order script refills, view your bills, see your results, etc. They basically want your to integrate into it with cell phones and data connectivity.
Domino's, Pizza Hut, and MANY others offer the app thing for orders too.

Face it, we are moved away from traditional communications with other people. FaceBook has overtaken the Friday meet ups at bars to talk about a wild week, or family Sunday dinners to catch up on each other.
It's only going to get worse, and less personal.

IMO, even though there has been GREAT innovation with this connectivity, there has been much NEGITIVITY tied to it too.

Over the coarse of the next few months, I will be doing a few things with my business to join to the new way people do things.
1 I will be doing scheduling with an online service.
2 Creating another website that is video driven. Meaning little text (sales copy) and almost entirely video content.
3 Seek new forms of advertising that will appear on things such as apps that are local and popular.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:59 pm

MikeW wrote:I would get a note. If you accept credit cards with square they can sign with your stylus.  I have the 2 and going to get the 4 next month.  My wife has the iPhone 6 and I still prefer my note. It's big enough to surf the Web but not to big.

I've been taking Square payments with my S4. I have a stylus in my invoice box for that express purpose.

Though you did know, here pretty soon, all these readers will no longer be useable, right? All CC's are going to the "chip" in the card. Hope they design the new reader with a LONGER stem this time. I have to take my outer cover off the otterbox to use my Square reader. PIA!

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeW Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:03 pm

Freemind1 wrote:
MikeW wrote:I would get a note. If you accept credit cards with square they can sign with your stylus.  I have the 2 and going to get the 4 next month.  My wife has the iPhone 6 and I still prefer my note. It's big enough to surf the Web but not to big.

I've been taking Square payments with my S4. I have a stylus in my invoice box for that express purpose.

Though you did know, here pretty soon, all these readers will no longer be useable, right? All CC's are going to the "chip" in the card. Hope they design the new reader with a LONGER stem this time. I have to take my outer cover off the otterbox to use my Square reader. PIA!

Square has already notified me of this and said they are coming out with a new swiper.
MikeW
MikeW
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.PaylessSteamCleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:12 pm

I was told that too by Square, but luckily, I really don't use it that much anyway.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:33 pm

Samsung S5's for us.

Google Calender for all our bookings, authorize the schedule to all of us.

Nice phones, great camera and video

Easy uploads to YouTube, DropBox to my computer....lots of great features....More than I even know about yet.

Just works great for us.

My son in law my try the new Note 4.

Little big for me (I think) but might switch up to it if it has some other options I might like Smile

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.saigers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Martin Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:21 am

I use a note 3..there is not to much this phone can't do..........

Jim Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by TimM Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:39 am

Mark Saiger wrote:Samsung S5's for us.

DropBox to my computer...
Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark, how does Drop box work and do you like it?
TimM
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:37 am

Dropbox is easy to use and awesome as well as free. We back up all our pictures from our phones to it and also use it to transfer files between phones and computers. I will send you more information later tonight.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TimM Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:34 pm

Mark Saiger wrote:Dropbox is easy to use and awesome as well as free. We back up all our pictures from our phones to it and also use it to transfer files between phones and computers. I will send you more information later tonight.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Thanks Mark, That would be awesome. I am looking for something like that.
TimM
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Hey Tim,

Sent you a PM requesting your email address.

I can send you and invite and we both get extra MB of storage with the invite.

You would be able to do the same with others, so I will explain more later, but I want you and others on here (or family or friends) the chance to benefit with the extra storage as you invite them. Dropbox is free and very nice.

Took a bunch of pics while out cleaning today, and they are available at my computer pretty quick.

I also had a pdf file I downloaded to drop box that is now on my phone that I can email as needed today too from my phone....

I will be back from cleaning a day care around 7 pm central time.

It is super simple to set up.

Looking forward to your email and helping anyway I can

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
msags@mchsi.com
218-259-9099 cell
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:35 pm

For those who don't know what DropBox is, it's a cloud service that's free.

Works like this....
You down load an app on your devices, and download it to your home computer.
You can upload (or download) files, pics, music files, video, or whatever your heart desires.
When you upload to DropBox, your file is in the cloud. You can share folders and files with anyone you want to.

For a single truck guy (O/O) then maybe this won't be terribly useful to you. Afterall, it takes no effort to plug your phone into your desktop.
But if you are sharing files, this is the bomb for that.
Did I mention it was FREE?

I have DropBox on all my devices. Not that I use it much, but it sure has been handy for me a time or two.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next