Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Hell has frozen over - I'm finally getting a Smart Phone

+5
Floorguy
Ryan S
Davey Cracker
dp1
Mo
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hell has frozen over - I'm finally getting a Smart Phone Empty Hell has frozen over - I'm finally getting a Smart Phone

Post by Mo Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:11 am

The rest of my family left my family plan at Verizon so I decided to buy an Iphone 4 3G we don't have 4g here. I don't want to spend too much money with the latest and greatest phone until i decide weather I like Iphone or Android.

I'm so looking forward to swiping credit cards on Square instead of calling them in. I also can wait to take pictures of the checks instead of going to the ATM. 

I know the screens are small and the 8gig storage isn't alot but any other negatives or cool apps I should look forward to?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Hell has frozen over - I'm finally getting a Smart Phone Empty Re: Hell has frozen over - I'm finally getting a Smart Phone

Post by dp1 Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:26 pm

Sorry Mo, I'm not an iphone guy, but I am very surprised to know you don't have 4g there in your area, that will affect the speed of your cc processing, if you have a helper, I suggest you start processing the payment when your helper is halfway done with the last room to be cleaned, that way if the connection is slow, you have a little bit of a heads up.
You did the right thing by not getting the latest iphone, now after a few weeks I think you should get a used samsung galaxy s3 and compare it, the bad thing with verizon is you have to call them to activate the other phone, unlike tmobile or at&t, just pop the sim card in the new phone and you're done.
Good luck with the new iphone :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Hell has frozen over - I'm finally getting a Smart Phone Empty Re: Hell has frozen over - I'm finally getting a Smart Phone

Post by Mo Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:11 pm

Dang you think it will be that bad good thing I'll still have propay to just call it in I'm using the phone right now and I need my reading glasses this going to take some getting used
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:23 pm

Mo, it's not that bad!! lol

Surfing the net on 3g is bad but swiping a card using Square, no prob......what, maybe take 30 seconds at the most!?!...prob not even that long.

How can they not be at least on 4g there, we're all on LTE here now! Which is a couple generations beyond 3g!?!

I'm a iPhone Lovaha here.

If you were to buy a 4s would it still be only 3g there?......Step it Up MaN!!!  laughing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:30 pm

That what happens when you live in the boonies
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:02 pm

Mo you can enlarge the font on the phone so you can see the text better. its under general settings/ text size Your gonna love that phone
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Floorguy Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:33 pm

holy crap...it aint like your sending a 20 gig file or something...

takes you 2 minutes TOPS.....that includes swiping it....

sooo over dramatic
Floorguy
Floorguy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.paynelessfloorcare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:45 pm

Thanks Ryan I can see now.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanTech Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:49 pm

awesome Mo !

I'm not an Iphone guy either but im sure you will love what it can all do!

If your a big guy I cant recommend the note 3 enough! I have trouble using the small Iphones lol

The monster size screen and battery is a win win for me. Even with a protective case it goes in my pocket just fine too Wink

also....

its much much easier to read on
CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:06 am

Look people, I don't give a crap if you think I'm over dramatic, I speak based on experience, I will not give my opinion if it didn't happen with my wireless credit card machine ( not square ) mine uses at&t network which I absolutely hate, huge areas around the mountain here have low network spots, at times it took me a good 5 minutes to process, it DOESN'T happen all the time but it does happen sometimes, low network = slow speeds = 2g or 3g. And when at&t has 4g, my machine process it around 5 - 10 seconds.
Nothing I hate more than people that accuses other people of something before giving him a benefit of the doubt, smh.
I sure hope this place is not going to turn out like Mikeys board or Truckmount forum, there's a reason why I'm not a member there.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:10 am

CleanTech wrote:awesome Mo !

I'm not an Iphone guy either but im sure you will love what it can all do!

If your a big guy I cant recommend the note 3 enough!  I have trouble using the small Iphones lol

The monster size screen and battery is a win win for me. Even with a protective case it goes in my pocket just fine too Wink

also....

its much much easier to read on

Got my wife note 3 for her birthday a few months ago, she loves it, I'm thinking about getting one but I'm switching to Verizon in a few months, so I'm going to wait, hope I can get something newer with 5 or 6 core processor Razz
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:58 am

dp1 wrote:Look people, I don't give a crap if you think I'm over dramatic, I speak based on experience, I will not give my opinion if it didn't happen with my wireless credit card machine ( not square ) mine uses at&t network which I absolutely hate, huge areas around the mountain here have low network spots, at times it took me a good 5 minutes to process, it DOESN'T happen all the time but it does happen sometimes, low network = slow speeds = 2g or 3g. And when at&t has 4g, my machine process it around 5 - 10 seconds.
Nothing I hate more than people that accuses other people of something before giving him a benefit of the doubt, smh.
I sure hope this place is not going to turn out like Mikeys board or Truckmount forum, there's a reason why I'm not a member there.

it will never be allowed to get that way around here...that is why most of us are here instead of those other boards.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:01 am

Good point Mil

Actually I know a guy in Phoenix who said his square transactions wouldn't go through at times and I don't think there was 4g at that time. Do you have the option of calling them in at square? I don't like writing the customers cc number on the receipt
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:04 am

If I was new to the smart phone world, I would get a tablet instead. It would be so much easier to use for us "vision challenged" plus you can show customers a nice potfolio of your work.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:27 pm

Mo wrote:Good point Mil

Actually I know a guy in Phoenix who said his square transactions wouldn't go through at times and I don't think there was 4g at that time. Do you have the option of calling them in at square? I don't like writing the customers cc number on the receipt

Square phone support is pretty much non existent.

I think your best bet if you're having a prob with a weak or slow signal, would be just to connect to the customers WiFi network, or worst case run the card later when you have a better connection or when you get home and are connected to your WiFi network..........of course, you would also have to write down the card # and info to reference later, or call them for the info over the phone.  wink 

The only prob with not swiping the card, and doing a non card transactions would be you'll pay .25% higher rate and I believe a $.35 transaction fee.....same thing deal if you were taking a card over the phone.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:59 pm

Is using customer's wifi save for their cc info ? I don't know much about how much data can be stolen through wifi.
The bad thing about running the transaction later is you never know if they have the funds in the card or not, my cc machine have "store and forward" option but I'm always hesitant in using it because of that reason, especially if the customer is a move out job, I can't count how many bounced checks I've gotten from move out customers in the past, that's why a few years ago I made a decision not to take checks ever unless the customers have become clients.
I'm sure Mo isn't going to have that network availability issue due to he has verizon, verizon has the best network, the only issue now is the speed Razz
Give us your review once you start using square Mo :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:15 pm

dp1 wrote:Look people, I don't give a crap if you think I'm over dramatic, I speak based on experience, I will not give my opinion if it didn't happen with my wireless credit card machine ( not square ) mine uses at&t network which I absolutely hate, huge areas around the mountain here have low network spots, at times it took me a good 5 minutes to process, it DOESN'T happen all the time but it does happen sometimes, low network = slow speeds = 2g or 3g. And when at&t has 4g, my machine process it around 5 - 10 seconds.

Hey you forgot to mention The HQ.  laughing 
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:45 pm

LOL Ryan, yes guilty as charged here.  dancing 
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Floorguy Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:32 am

the problem is, you didnt give all the info....

like its not a square reader.....hell yes i can see those other type machines could be a data drag....dont get mad if you dont give all the info.....then if I (in this case i am sure) miss it, i will for sure take my lumps

also for square (for whoever said it) it has no other charges for keyed in...just a higher % 3.5 vs 2.75 i do believe...

and you dont have to tell me about bad service....SPrint better hurry their crap up here with the upgrades...

oh and i would guess the wifi vs celluar data would be more secure....but shouldnt matter anyway, as its encrypted when its sent anyway
Floorguy
Floorguy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:13 pm

I'm usine square and am on 3g havn'f had any problems and I'm using the iPhone 4s the only thing I had a problem I had was connecting the card reader to the phone. Then I figured out that it was the otter box case I used I had to time the sides of the case around the phone plug so the reader would go all the way in no problems since. you'll get used it and love it No.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:17 pm

Yeah Ill get used to it. Now I know how you guys see the forum on a smart phone. Its a whole different experience.  The laptop just feels so much more comfortable surfing the net
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:03 am

Even though I have laptops and tablets, I'm still using my samsung galaxy S3 for most of my net surfing, screen is a lot smaller but it's still bigger than iphones and it fits in my hand, I guess I'm just used to it, give us review on the connection speed on the square when you get a chance Mo :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:48 pm

Ryan S wrote:

Hey you forgot to mention The HQ.   laughing 

That was funny Ryan. I guess I'm still prehistoric because I still use a .99 flip phone. Seems less complicated and my daughter has tried to give me her iPhone but I like the computer more.
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.absolutelykleener.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:22 pm

DP I switched from Verizon to Virgin I deposited a check on it today that was cool. But the check from the second job didn't go through maybe cause the customer bent it. The second deposit asked for an endorsement and it still didn't take it. The first check went through no problem and didn't ask for an endorsement
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Floorguy Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:40 pm

Mo wrote:DP I switched from Verizon to Virgin I deposited a check on it today that was cool. But the check from the second job didn't go through maybe cause the customer bent it. The second deposit asked for an endorsement and it still didn't take it. The first check went through no problem and didn't ask for an endorsement

2 things....

Virgin is on Sprints towers....soooo check on sprints site for tower locations....or you can PM me and ill let you know if and when its going LTE....(a different forum i am on tracking sprints stuff)

the other...check depositing is per financial institute....my CU will let personal accts do it, but not commercial accts... So i cant help you as to why it does or doesnt work....

But now you know what towers you are on
Floorguy
Floorguy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next