Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

No thnks, can't save you

+3
dp1
Mo
milspec6
7 posters

Go down

No thnks, can't save you Empty No thnks, can't save you

Post by milspec6 Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:31 pm

I just received a call from a lady asking if I could respond to a "cleaning emergency" today.  I told it sounded serious, tell me about it and I could probably be able to help her later today.

Here is how the call went:

Her:  We just installed new carpet 2 months ago, a white berber in fact.

ME:  At least we know it isn't worn out, should be able save it unless it is paint or something.

Her:  It is poop.  Well, and blood.  Might also be some bleach and hobby paint in there too.

ME:  At least it isn't motor oil and roofing tar.  (Trying to inject some humor)

Her:  There might be some cooking oil....actually, I know there is some cooking oil too.Shocked

ME:  How did all this happen?

Her:  I was gone for the weekend and my neighbor failed to check on my dog like he promised.  By the time I returned, the dog had gotten into the trash can in the kitchen and dumped it all over the living room carpet.  Then he must have gotten sick from eating the garbage and has been pooping bloody diarrhea all over the floor and the sofa.

ME:  How big of an area are we talking about?

Her:  Well, it was the entire living room and even the curtains, but I wiped up most of it and sprayed about 4 cans of "Resolve Carpet Cleaner", but it still smells and looks terrible.  My husband is an OTR trucker and will be home tonight....he will be upset if I can't make this carpet look like new again.

ME:  I believe it is too late for that.  Once you ground in the mess and saturated everything with the carpet spray, you have greatly reduced any hope of success.

Her:  So, you can come out and clean this?  He will not be home for another 2 hours.

ME:  Sorry, I can't save you on this one....not sure if anyone can actually.  I might be able to reach you later tonight and we can look over your options, but not under such short time restrictions.

Her:  Shoot (clean editing), I guess I will go back to the store and get that rug doctor, it does the same thing as you and a lot cheaper anyway.

ME:  Silent with a really BIG GRIN.

I think I will check the police blotter tomorrow to see how things went. Smile
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

No thnks, can't save you Empty Re: No thnks, can't save you

Post by Mo Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:51 pm

That's hilarious Very Happy  Im not sure if only carpet cleaners find that funny cause I read it to my wife and daughter and they didn't think it was funny.

I think if you would have made an attempt to clean that one both the husband and wide would have blamed you for ruining their carpet
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Mo wrote:That's hilarious Very Happy  Im not sure if only carpet cleaners find that funny cause I read it to my wife and daughter and they didn't think it was funny.

I think if you would have made an attempt to clean that one both the husband and wide would have blamed you for ruining their carpet

I pictured myself in the middle of the room as the husband returns to find a disaster on his brand new carpet. I think that is how a murder-suicide begins.Shocked

We carpet cleaners lost our sense of humor years ago....about the same time as our sense of smell. Smile
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:00 pm

Mo wrote:That's hilarious Very Happy  Im not sure if only carpet cleaners find that funny cause I read it to my wife and daughter and they didn't think it was funny.

Wow, before I even read your response I was reading the story to my wife and she didn't find it funny while I laughed pretty loud, we're on the same boat Laughing

As of the reply to the story I would ask her how much are you willing to pay me to go out on sunday and clean all of those mess for you ? When she say $ 200 or $ 300, I would ask her, want to try again ? I'll give you 3 bids and if the 3rd bid is still lower than my retail rate, you're out !
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:22 pm

She would have lost me at "bloody diarrhea." The final nail on the coffin would have been "tried resolve first"

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:33 am

That's called dodging bullets or ripping the monkey off your back and depositing it in her l/r. Smart call on your part. Time and money waster!
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:55 pm

Very Funny. But at the end, I would have suggested she call stanley .
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:05 pm

the diarrhea can be permanent even if not bloody lol

I had a customer in a really nice home that had a long shag carpet, I dont know what this dog ate but it squirted all over the downstairs media room... they cleaned it up but the stains were so bad

Cleaned and water clawed it with peroxide, OSR, still smelled... Then hit it with deodorizer, still smelled

Came back 4 days later because they said the smell was still there and we recleaned all of it with OSR again and water clawed.

I couldnt believe it but I put gloves on and pulled the carpet back, omg the smell was still there it was so soaked into the backing you just couldnt get rid of it..

I told the lady urine is like 50x easier than this and she just needs to replace
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:03 pm

ACpower1 wrote:the diarrhea can be permanent even if not bloody lol

I had a customer in a really nice home that had a long shag carpet,    I dont know what this dog ate but it squirted all over the downstairs media room...   they cleaned it up but the stains were so bad

Cleaned and water clawed it with peroxide,  OSR,  still smelled...   Then hit it with deodorizer,   still smelled

Came back 4 days later because they said the smell was still there and we recleaned all of it with OSR again and water clawed.

I couldnt believe it but I put gloves on and pulled the carpet back,    omg the smell was still there it was so soaked into the backing you just couldnt get rid of it..  

I told the lady urine is like 50x easier than this and she just needs to replace

Dam I shouldn't have read that before dinner
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:55 am

AC, I bet if you use Joedorcide you'll be able to make the smells better, I've done the worse cat piss and thought it never would've come out and surprisingly it did, the customer became repeat customer even though I charge him $ 280 for 3 rooms cause the smell is always bad in the corner of the dining room ( the cat's favorite bathroom spot ).
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:06 am

Tell that customer to put the cat's food dish in that corner...the cat will never pee there again.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:39 am

milspec6 wrote:Tell that customer to put the cat's food dish in that corner...the cat will never pee there again.

Great idea, I know that cat hates coffee ground smell, an animal control officer I called many years ago due to cats breeding under my home ( in the crawl space ) told me not much I can do for you since it's not life threatening case but if you sprinkle your used coffee ground after you brew your coffee around the property, they will go away, sure enough they did, that neighborhood has a really bad cats stray issues and they're breeding like crazy, after I did the coffee ground thing, it's almost having an invisible line of "do not cross" for cats.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:24 pm

I had never heard of that one working on cats. I've used it on raccoons, but never stray cats.

Good to know....except your neighbors might think you were a meth dealer as coffee grounds are also used to hide the odor.

I remember seeing a meth dealer transporting it beneath a pick-up bed filled with used coffee grounds. A little too obvious for even the dumbest cop.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down