Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

would this work?

+4
Mo
milspec6
TimM
Matt; My carpet cleaner
8 posters

Go down

would this work? Empty would this work?

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:26 pm

So there are a few apt complexes that call every now and then for cleaning. The problem is half the units are 300+' from the parking lot. They have a hard time finding a CC to be there cleaner. I've done a few but when it comes to 300' of hose, I'm not interested. They've offered $20 extra, but laying out the hose for 2, 3 and some times 4 rooms...
I have an older potty that I thought about pulling the underwhelming 5.7 VAC's and putting in something like the 7.2", won't use the pump; but add an aux pump out. Then I only have to run Sol line from the TM, into the apt.
These are spray it down,, wamm bamm thank you mamm.

Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

would this work? Empty Re: would this work?

Post by TimM Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:42 pm

One thing you could do with the solution line is hook it up to the customers sink to get hot water. It will not be as hot as your truckmount, but it would be hotter than a porty with no heat.
TimM
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://magaw.org/PriceIsRightCarpetCleaning/

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:38 pm

Matt, have I got the deal for you.

You don't want to work apartments with 300+ of hose. Not just the performance issue, but the storage that it takes in your van, and the incredible liability involved with that much hose running around apartments......think kids on bicycles.

What you really need is a lightweight machine that packs a punch, includes an auto-fill, and an auto pump-out. Am I right here?

Well, Tim is on the right path. You need a Steamin Demon or Tsunami (same product, different builders). Preferably, the classic model.

Sure, I know it is an early 90's machine, but it will fit your needs perfectly! With today's chemistry, a crb, and SD, you will be knocking out these apartments with a very high profit margin.....and you will become their contract cleaner.

You can normally find them used for around $700 or maybe still be able to buy the Steamax Tsunami version new, but they were badly over-priced the last time that I looked at them.

I still have mine with 300 feet of hoses, new vac motor, and new pump. I started business running one for a year and it cleaned very well using the homes water supply at 95-100 degrees. The only thing that it couldn't do was clean steps...useless for that which is why I stopped using it.

If you were close, I would sell you mine for a good deal...not sure how well it pack up for shipping though. Would probably have to tear it all down to do it. Probably better off finding one local.

Seriously though, it would be the perfect machine for the need that you described.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:33 pm

Rotary or OP and some juice wamm bamm thank you mamm Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:19 pm

This is the perfect situation for encap/VLM cleaning.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:13 pm

If it's a wam bam thank you maam, why not just bring some wet and dry vacuum and pump up sprayer with encap solution and you get my point, wam bam thank you maam Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:25 pm

I'm just old fashioned, I guess Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:06 pm

I thought about the steamin deamon option.
Section 8... Need I say more. Usually a 4-6 on dirty scale.
Usually a prespray of 12+ and 500 psi+. Maybe some gum every now and then.
I did padding and encap for 15 years .. Not interested in doing that.

And the 300' would be just Solution line. With the idea of taking the modified potty inside. Pump out the dirty water into the sink.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:03 pm

I see what you are thinking....don't see why it wouldn't work, but seems like more work than is needed.

You could go with a Rotovac CFX or SD and leave the van at home and if you are worried about the lack of high heat, don't be. The high flow of these machines will make up the difference.

I can personally tell you that I cleaned many of the worst apartments you have ever seen with the Demon hooked to the building's hot water, it works fine as long as you add a little agitation on the worst conditions.

Besides, how much heat are you going to be pushing up that 300 feet of psi hose by the time it reaches the apartment....160-180 degrees? Most homes will get you 105 degrees and can be turned up to higher numbers. You can get scalded with 2nd degree burns at 120 degrees...it will clean.

If your heart was set on using your solution line for heat, the Demon extractors did come out with a high psi version that hooked to your tm's solution hose. Even the old model could if you changed the impeller in the apo to a nitrile or metal instead of the soft rubber.

Just something to consider.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:23 am

CFX will do it,   weve used it in tough access situations many times.  

its like 30 lbs,   pumps out into toilet and has solid 300cfm with short hose runs like 50ft or under

With the heat from the TM you can clean just fine with this set up and you carry it in your hand so your not wheeling a big old porty up stairs which I hated doing back in the day.    

Its a good machine to have,   you can run 2 pressure lines from TM also and have someone bang out some upholstery/area rugs while you do carpets.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:44 am

I have used the steamin D for the typ of apartments you describe. I hate it. To slow,

I have also used an airhog , with auto pump out, just running solution line in from the van , use the air hog for vac and waste pump out. I liked that 10 times better then the SD.

Same can be done with CFX. So I would second AC's recommending a dual vac air hog , or CFX. Much better to haul a 30 pound machine up stairs then a 100 pound porty.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:04 am

Nice video Andy, I've never tried your idea of using separate tools like that, but it does make sense.

I never found the demon too slow, but I trust your opinion as you have done it compared to the air hog set-up and I haven't.

There you go Matt, the R&D has been done.....knock them out and cash in. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down