Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

New add on services

+7
OneBlueSummer
Cjcann
carpetdaddy
milspec6
Davey Cracker
ODIN
Ryan S
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New add on services Empty New add on services

Post by Ryan S Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:17 pm

What's do you guys see as a fast growing add on service. What seems to be low cost investment entry and higher return?  

For us it was carpet repair. Cost us about $1000 to get going. That included a class and equipment.

The return was we were walking over repairs everyday. So it was easy to add on the invoice.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

New add on services Empty Re: New add on services

Post by Ryan S Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:37 pm

Me to Terry. I guess my problems is I charge too much for a recliner. But if I'm there doing other stuff I guess I could take a nice chunk off. Just trying to see where I can make an easy bump for 2014
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:54 pm

So, that's why the "pricing police" are always following me!! confused 

It's the $85 for the Recliners! lol! 

Oh well, I'm ok with it, and as long as my customers are, we're good. :albino: 

New Add on service? Do you clean/restore Showers, Ryan? It's not easy, but good money.
I normally charge $600-$800 for most shower restorations. What about clean and seal granite and tile counter tops? You probably already have most of the equipment needed.
Exterior high PSI cleaning is another one.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:11 pm

I think dryer vent cleaning is a very good one looking ahead.

One of my current ones is cleaning fireplace brick. No homeowners clean the brick and they get coated in soot and dust very quickly. A PMF small hard surface tool with brush head and you can make a quick upsale that pays for your gas usage and dinner!
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Good one, Robert!

That's another nice one, that most of us probably already have the equipment for.

And easy to do, although can be a bit messy. Cool Worth it though, I usually get $250-300 for hearths and brick fire places.

Maybe we should start an add-on (other) photo thread?.....to give others an idea of what can be done.
I have quite a few good BnA pics I could share. Very Happy 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:38 am

Good idea Davey. As for the police thing. I have noticed about a 30-40% difference in west side pricing. I've been out west is I know you got to get higher pricing the cost is living in crazy.

Shower restoration? Are you talking tile showers?

Really good add on that I never really even thought if. Especially the fire place.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:09 am

Wood floor polishing and/or sandless refinishing, and/or wax removal. The polishing you can do right then. The refinishing and/or wax removal you schedule for another day. The only equipment investment is a low speed buffer which you probably already have. Adds about $25k per year to my business - 75%+ profit. Thumbs up to dryer vent cleaning. Investment under $100, adds about $5k per year almost all profit (could probably double that if we put in a little effort). Offered exterior power washing, window cleaning, and driveway seal coating in the past when the economy really started to tank in 2009. All very low investment/hi profit and served well to increase revenue during really tough period. I really hated doing those so I don't offer them anymore:no: 
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:14 pm

Ryan S wrote:Good idea Davey. As for the police thing. I have noticed about a 30-40% difference in west side pricing. I've been out west is I know you got to get higher pricing the cost is living in crazy.

Shower restoration? Are you talking tile showers?  

Really good add on that I never really even thought if. Especially the fire place.  
Yes tile/stone showers.  I call it 'restoration' because it's almost always much more than just cleaning! I'll post a couple pictures, in another thread......

Brick/stone fireplaces is another good one to pick up. Smile

Carpet Daddy/Joe's got some good ones above too.  I forgot to mention wood floor cleaning, polishing/re-coating.  I do that fairly often, and can be good easy money.

Dryer duct vents too!  I've been meaning to get what I need to do those, but haven't yet.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:05 pm

Hey Ryan,

I've got a bunch of photos of jobs I've done from add-on services we're talking about here, that I thought might be helpful to show other RC's what else we can be doing. So I was thinking I'd start another thread just for the photos, so I didn't clog this one here of yours up.

But maybe it's better to include the photos in this thread? Figured I'd ask you since you're the thread starter and a mod. Smile

Post photos here, or start a new 'add-on services photo' thread?

I'll wait to hear from you.............

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:28 pm

Load them here. Easier to find in a search. Thx
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Wood floor cleaning is being advertised by Stanley steamer and Sears. A couple of cleaners doing it near me. You clean it with a dirt dragon then reseal it.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:33 pm

Sounds good, Ryan.  I'll get some of those posted here tonight.....

As far as hard wood cleaning goes, you definitely don't need an expensive specially machine like the one in eldiabloz video above. It may be quicker, look fancy, and be great for marketing HW floor cleaning but just isn't necessary. I use a 175, small pump up sprayer, a wet/dry vac or TM and a clean mop, and that's about it. Well, a lil common sense doesn't hurt either! Laughing  I bring that up because, I thought it would be nice to share ideas on what add-on services we can do with the tools and equipment most of us already have. Idea  Provide more services and make more money without having to go out and spend thousands for new equipment to do so. Smile
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:50 pm

I don't own the dirt dragon just sharing. I have always thought this service could be performed with a custom made wand with misting jets and a rubber shroud and some type of wheels or glides. After almost all of us own TM's. Anybody have any ideas? I would like to start cleaning woodfloors without having to spend big bucks for that plastic contraption. We should be able to design and retrofit one of our spare wands to do this. I think this machine also has a spinning brush. Anybody?
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:11 pm

eldiabloz wrote:I don't own the dirt dragon just sharing. I have always thought this service could be performed with a custom made wand with misting jets and a rubber shroud and some type of wheels or glides. After almost all of us own TM's. Anybody have any ideas? I would like to start cleaning woodfloors without having to spend big bucks for that plastic contraption. We should be able to design and retrofit one of our spare wands to do this. I think this machine also has a spinning brush. Anybody?

"without having to spend big bucks for that plastic contraption".......There's no need to, Read my post above yours.
"We should be able to design and retrofit one of our spare wands to do this.".............Again, there is just no need for you to "design" your own equipment for this.....Also, I would strongly advice against using a wand type "contraption" to spray down water (even just a mist) on HW floors. But of course I'm not stopping you from making or doing what you would like.......just simply saying you do not need to in order to get HW floors clean.
"I think this machine also has a spinning brush. Anybody?"..........Not sure I count as  "Anybody" but, Yes you need agitation (again, you might want to read my post above yours). That's what the 175/floor machine is used for, agitation), especially if you really want to thoroughly clean a HW floor with real low moisture. The agitation compensates for the lack of moisture, so you don't 'cup' or 'raise the grain' on HW floors boards.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:24 pm

milspec6 wrote:I think dryer vent cleaning is a very good one looking ahead.

One of my current ones is cleaning fireplace brick.  No homeowners clean the brick and they get coated in soot and dust very quickly.  A PMF small hard surface tool with brush head and you can make a quick upsale that pays for your gas usage and dinner!
is this the tool you are talking about.. pretty dang cool if you ask me.. would be a dream for around toilets and corners in showers etc!? I have the WP Mini Spinner and love it! but that thing would be awesome too! Do the jets just sit in the vac port or is there more to it?bounce

carpetdaddy wrote:Wood floor polishing and/or sandless refinishing, and/or wax removal. The polishing you can do right then. The refinishing and/or wax removal you schedule for another day. The only equipment investment is a low speed buffer which you probably already have.
Can you elaborate on the process and pads chems etc? Sounds pretty interesting! Sandless refinishing??? bounce 
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:33 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:Sounds good, Ryan.  I'll get some of those posted here tonight.....

I use a 175, small pump up sprayer, a wet/dry vac or TM and a clean mop, and that's about it.
what kind of Pads? Just spray, hit with 175, vac up dirt, then flat mop?
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:17 am

Hey the 175 sounds good, what type of brush do you use?. after these dirt dragon cleaners clean they coat it with some sort of water based coating to make it shine. I always felt that they cust. would be calling you in a couple of months when this stuff started peeling. I still think a wand with some misting jets and and a rotary type brush would work well and impress the customer, wonder if the zipper can do this?
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:55 pm

No brush, I either use a white or a red pad on 175 depending on the condition of the floor.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:54 pm

Ok, finally here's some of the pics I was talking about of jobs I've done doing some of the add on services we've talked about in this thread.

I'm not going to post all the cleaning details and how to's with these pics. But feel free to ask about whatever, I'll help out anyway I can..........

Travertine cleaning and sealing, or more like grout cleaning I guess since it's what was really dirty.....

New add on services Img_0310
New add on services Img_0311

Counter-top tile/grout cleaning & Grout sealing

New add on services Img_0710'
New add on services Img_0711

Brick Fireplace cleaning & sealing

New add on services P5267110
New add on services P5267111

Stone Polishing & sealing.  This is a 15 year old marble entryway, that had some broken tiles replaced, as you can see in the first/before pic, the lighter polished ones.  Then we polished the whole floor to get the uniform gloss. Smile

New add on services Img_1210

New add on services Img_1212

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:02 pm

Here's a couple of the shower restoration jobs I've done.....

New add on services Img_1510

New add on services Img_1610

New add on services Photo_15

New add on services Photo_16

New add on services Photo_17

New add on services Photo_18
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:06 pm

I've got a bunch of exterior cleaning job pics too, but I'm wore out from posting so I'll get those up tomorrow. :bom: 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:48 pm

Nice work, I will be calling you to clean my shower! LOL. Did you have to re caulk that shower seat on the seams where the mildew was?
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:27 pm

Davey,

What is your pre cleaning script while preinspecting the job. How do you verbalized the potential staining to porous grout lines? Just give us the caution phrase for short.

Looks great too.

What are your choice tools?

Give us some info on that marble polishing.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next