Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Your Choke Point?.....

+3
Mo
milspec6
Davey Cracker
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your Choke Point?..... Empty Your Choke Point?.....

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:12 pm

After taking to DP about his new RC99 filter it made me think this may be a useful/helpful topic for some.... Maybe it will get some guys thinking about it, and realize how easy it can be to improve your TM performance........

So with the 4TTD, new bigger filters, 2.5" hose, 2" hose to wand and 2" tubed wands and on an on, what is your vacuum choke point?....where is you restriction?

I can only speak from my personal experience with a small 36 Roots blower, so everything I post is based on that and could be much different than the results you get.

I've been working on improving my dry times for a couple years now, doing everything from ditching the 1.5" whip hose to going to 2 2" hoses into my waste tank. Some the the things I've done along the way are, going to a larger more free-flowing filter (RC99 from the standard pool filter), doing the conversion from 1 2" hose from waste tank to 2 2" hoses, splitting my vac hose into 25' sections to reduce the excess hose coiled up laying on the ground, the more free-flowing filter, ditching the restrictive 25' whip hose and running 2" hose directly to the wand, and then of course switching to a 2" tube wand.... I'm sure there are other little improvements I've made but that's all I can think of for now.

I can tell you it's made A HUGE difference. Like from a full day to now a couple hours, on average dry times. And I can really hear the difference in the howl at the wand, not to mention the feel of the suction when I cuff the end of the hose. I know that's not scientific but the waaay faster dry times are proof, to me of a significant improvement. I never tested the CFM with a meter prior to making most of these changes, so I'll never really know the real numbers, but the end result (faster dry times) I know is huge.

So where/what is your choke point? Whip hose, single hose from tank to filter, still running pool filter, 1.5" tube wand?

And also if you have anything to add that's helped improved your vac performance please post what that is! wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Your Choke Point?..... Empty Re: Your Choke Point?.....

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:46 am

You covered the big one already "...reduce the excess hose coiled up laying on the ground".

That is the single biggest improvement I have seen over the years. Keeping the hoses short and straight beats every other modification out there

That is another value in working with a helper to manage the hoses. When I finally stopped trying to be a solo artist, I noticed the vac improvement and faster dry times immediately just from the helper pulling the hose back straight and removing sections that were no longer needed.

Before the helper, I would end up with 200 feet of hose coiled up on a job and killing the recovery.

Just another value to hiring a good helper.....and not running a live vac reel for that matter.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:52 am

Yup coiled hose are a vac killer. My choke point is right were my 2 inch wand tapers to 1.5 at the manifold connection. Its 2 inch all the way back to the tank.

I started as a low moisture cleaners so I tend to do more dry strokes due to my over wetting paranoia
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:42 pm

My biggest increase in vac performance was getting a Devastator Filter. Going 4TTD was negligible, at least on my Judson.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:49 pm

Mo wrote:Yup coiled hose are a vac killer. My choke point is right were my 2 inch wand tapers to 1.5 at the manifold connection. Its 2 inch all the way back to the tank.

I started as a low moisture cleaners so I tend to do more dry strokes due to my over wetting paranoia

Sounds kinda like a messed up wand. What is it?!
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:13 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:
Mo wrote:Yup coiled hose are a vac killer. My choke point is right were my 2 inch wand tapers to 1.5 at the manifold connection. Its 2 inch all the way back to the tank.

Ummm, he's using a 1.5" wand ?? Lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:14 pm

Just like I do sometimes, in tight space apartments and such, 1.5" is so much easier to maneuver around.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:58 pm

dp1 wrote:
Davey Cracker wrote:

Ummm, he's using a 1.5" wand ?? Lol.

Oh not this again!!........really, I'm I not understanding again, damn this old age craps is killin' me!!!

I've read it several times, and he says, "right were my 2 inch wand tapers to 1.5 at the manifold connection."
So really, DP, that's a 1.5" wand?..........when he says 2" tapers to 1.5"?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:

Its more of my paranoia than wand. Its a VT12 2 inch tube
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:19 pm

Pro Touch wrote:My biggest increase in vac performance was getting a Devastator Filter. Going 4TTD was negligible, at least on my Judson.

Interesting Eric. I haven't tried it with my Judson yet but not sure why it wouldn't improve CFM. How do you come to this conclusion? CFM meter? Touching the carpet?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:42 pm

Mo wrote:
Pro Touch wrote:My biggest increase in vac performance was getting a Devastator Filter. Going 4TTD was negligible, at least on my Judson.

Interesting Eric. I haven't tried it with my Judson yet but not sure why it wouldn't improve CFM. How do you come to this conclusion? CFM meter? Touching the carpet?

I thought that was an interesting statement too.

Esp. the part about 4ttd being negligible?......Heck just 4ttvd, (van door) was a great improvement on my TM, and even more so when running those dual hoses 50" out from van. Which I never really do because of the great suction I get just running dual 2" hose from tank to back of the filter.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:50 pm

Mo wrote:
Davey Cracker wrote:

Its more of my paranoia than wand. Its a VT12 2 inch tube

Saaaay waaat?  So on the VT12 where does it "taper down to 1.5"? Maybe a TD Viet Special, as Joe says. laughing

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:55 pm

Mo, Dave said you're trippin' laughing
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:01 pm

I think I am trippin damm allergies
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:12 pm

Mo wrote:I think I am trippin damm allergies

That's Funny, and what I just texted DP! lol

I said "I think you and Mo are both Trippin' ", on this choke point thing. laughing
He's trying to figure out how to get more suck from his TM for dual wanding.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:32 pm

Does DP really need to get more suck out of his TM? With the volume he does he doesnt have the time to be 4 to dooring Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:09 pm

I really don't know WTF is going on, after texting back and forth with him for the last 24 hrs, I'm still not sure.................It just seems he's having a sucking problem. laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:12 am

LOL, yes Mo I don't have time to do 4ttd, that's why I'm trying to maximize the most of what I have, stand by, I will tell y'all what I did and let you know why I'm doing it, this will help some cleaners with helper's maximize their efficiency in the field, imagine you have an extra hour to spend at the end of the day after doing 5 - 6 jobs in the summer, wouldn't that be great ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:11 am

Are talking about dual wanding?  looking forward to see what your doing
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:16 am

4ttd shouldn't add any extra time to set up.....how have you been doing it?

I run dual hoses off the waste tank that are left fixed on there and to the filter, that run out about 8 feet. The RC99 has dual ports on one side and single port on the other side.

Set the filter down and attach the single hose....done. No time lost at all.

Look forward to what you came up with......
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:33 am

milspec6 wrote:4ttd shouldn't add any extra time to set up.....how have you been doing it?

I run dual hoses off the waste tank that are left fixed on there and to the filter, that run out about 8 feet.  The RC99 has dual ports on one side and single port on the other side.

Set the filter down and attach the single hose....done.  No time lost at all.

Joe, would call this shrinkage. Joe is a firm believer in all or nothing so if you are going to do 4 2 door than it needs to be 4 2 door. You are gaining very little if you only run to short hoses to the filter.

Milspec, I completely understand the setup you are running it is faster and easier to do, but I fell into the same set up. We do a lot of PM work and running 42dr started to become a pain because the filter( now my Y ) would fall on steps or up stairs......so what happened we did just that 2 short hoses then all 2.0 from there.
We went back to 2.5 hose for this reason.
RC99 or Dev filter straight flow same ports both ends can set it right at truck.
So my set up is 5 feet of 2.5, to Dev 2.5 x 2.5, then pull hose off the reel, I have 75 feet of 2.0 first, then 50 of 2.5 cut into 25 foot pieces.
The cool thing also about a 2.5 filter is if I can reach with my 75 feet all I have to do is insert a mytee male cuff  into the 2.5 port it fits perfect and there is my adapter.
Joe makes a something also  he has the 2.5 barb reducer that you can just slip right into the male 2.5 and bang your good to go.
I have found this setup to be the most effective in our type work.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:50 am

Very interesting Tom, I know that I don't all the way to the door, but that really is a pain.

I don't know if I can go with a 2.5 hose, I tried it a few years ago and just found it way to difficult to work with and took up too much space in the van.

Might have to re-visit it on the box truck.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:17 pm

That's what I've been wanting to hear about..........Just how much difference does running 2.5" hose rather than 2" from filter make, lets say 50' out from filter?

Bill, you got your Ears on?!?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:46 pm

milspec6 wrote:4ttd shouldn't add any extra time to set up.....how have you been doing it?

I run dual hoses off the waste tank that are left fixed on there and to the filter, that run out about 8 feet.  The RC99 has dual ports on one side and single port on the other side.

Set the filter down and attach the single hose....done.  No time lost at all.

Joe would say your just being lazy Rob Very Happy I usually just use two 25ft 2 inch hoses to the filter. When I was experimenting with my Workmaster and tweeking to maximize air flow I concluded that the what 42dr does is take your TM to the end of the "Y" or filter. So if you are just using two 8 foot hose to the filter It would be like parking your TM 8 feet closer to the door.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:47 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:That's what I've been wanting to hear about..........Just how much difference does running 2.5" hose rather than 2" from filter make, lets say 50' out from filter?

Bill, you got your Ears on?!?
 If only there was someone with a new CFM meter that could so some testing for us Very Happy Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum