Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Your Choke Point?.....

+3
Mo
milspec6
Davey Cracker
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Your Choke Point?..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Choke Point?.....

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:37 pm

If only there was someone with some 2.5" hose that was around! laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:45 pm

I cant even imagine lugging around a 2.5 inch hose
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:00 pm

I wouldn't either........I'd only run it from the filter 50' in.  But I really want to know if it's worth it before I even do that.  I believe the volume of air that can move threw a 2.5" hose is actually greater than what can move threw 2) 2" hoses.......so you could get better than 4ttd with just one section of 2.5" hose.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:34 pm

Mo wrote:
milspec6 wrote:4ttd shouldn't add any extra time to set up.....how have you been doing it?

I run dual hoses off the waste tank that are left fixed on there and to the filter, that run out about 8 feet.  The RC99 has dual ports on one side and single port on the other side.

Set the filter down and attach the single hose....done.  No time lost at all.

Look forward to what you came up with......

Joe would say your just being lazy Rob Very Happy I usually just use two 25ft 2 inch hoses to the filter. When I was experimenting with my Workmaster and tweeking to maximize air flow I concluded that the what 42dr does is take your TM to the end of the "Y" or filter. So if you are just using two 8 foot hose to the filter It would be like parking your TM 8 feet closer to the door.

It is lazy, but also necessary in these foul winters to be able to leave the filter in the van on certain nights.

I would like to boost the vac pull, but I find myself trying to reduce the hose runs rather than increasing the hose diameters. I'm pretty certain that I get better vac performance by relocating to another entrance and dropping the length by another 50 to 100 feet.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:16 am

Okay to answer your questions on 42dr vs 2.5 hose.

It started with my speed demon son Smile, when he first started with me we got a few calls saying carpet was staying wet longer than my normal.
So I started looking into why, most of it was just from improper use of the wand.
Okay think of it this way the more 42dr you have out....the BIGGER your waste tank becomes...as far as putting more area under vacuum load.
So my son was moving the wand faster and not truly letting it build vac thus leaving more water behind.
After trying to get him to slow down I finally just said screw it and put the 2.5 back on...
2.5 HITS VAC MUCH FASTER, and the truth is 2.5 hose will out flow a # 4 blower...I think it is the perfect match for 45 or #4 blowers.
Joe HAS THE BEST 2.5 HOSE YOU CAN GET HANDS DOWN LILBETTER2.5 IS THE BOMB.
It handles better than the cheap 2.0 stuff that comes with our tm's
After going back to 2.5 hose right away my son complained that the wand was to hard to move...(not really just joking like) but it did make him pretty sore after using it all day.

I have my reel set up with 75' of 2.0 so I fig 8 the 2.0 hose carry it in....if it doesn't make it back to TM I have 50' of 2.5 on the reel in 25 foot sections, I only pull off what I need.
I have tested a lot and I really think the 2.5 does better, on a #4 blower I would never go more than 50' of 42dr I believe it just makes to much volume to put under vac load, Also ALL cuffs leak some and if your 42dr hoses have cuffs like mine every 25' all those leaks start to add up.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:33 am

2.5 hose is not that bad really if you keep it outside the home. Now LiL Better shoot I run it inside to a whip of 25' 2.0 on Vwtm.
The airflow CFM will be a little better on 4 2 door. But it is not just about CFM, BALANCE
The lift response is MUCH faster with 2.5 I have some 2.5 I bought for a good price from Superior Cleaning Solutions....
I HATE THE HOSE TERRIBLE STIFF but I needed distance for the Vwtm
we had a job and dual wands was perfect for it so I bought 200' of it.
I will be getting LiL Better to replace it if it don't break in over the summer. So far it is terrible to handle.
If this is what you have used then I understand why you hate it.....Joe's LIL B is soooooo much better get some you will like it...also a swivel cuff every 15 feet or so HELPS 2.5 a LOT
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:36 am

I personally think Dave would like it, on his set up
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:37 pm

I understand 4 to the door but tried it and Im sure it was a bit of an increase but nothing extreme,   yet the set up time to run 2 hoses to the door and the filter outside the van is very noticeable.  

I prefer 2.5 to filter,    1st 50ft is 2.5in then the rest is all 2in.    Same as dave all broken into 25ft sections.  

Maybe down to road I will get a custom filter with a 3-4in port on the back side and run a single 4in hose from waste tank.

dry times really arent an issue for us.      Main thing is having no leaks in the line as far as cuffs,  filter,   little clear window on the wand etc.      

I had the 1st generation cool cuffs,   1st generation rc99,   and our VT wand with the window had a leak.  

once all that was fixed it was a HUGE vac improvement.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:36 pm

I rarely run 4tdr since i bought the TNT. I hate messing with hoses as it is
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:06 am

SCCC wrote:2.5 hose is not that bad really if you keep it outside the home. Now LiL Better shoot I run it inside to a whip of 25' 2.0 on Vwtm.
The airflow CFM will be a little better on 4 2 door. But it is not just about CFM, BALANCE
The lift response is MUCH faster with 2.5 I have some 2.5 I bought for a good price from Superior Cleaning Solutions....
I HATE THE HOSE TERRIBLE STIFF but I needed distance for the Vwtm
we had a job and dual wands was perfect for it so I bought 200' of it.
I will be getting LiL Better to replace it if it don't break in over the summer. So far it is terrible to handle.
If this is what you have used then I understand why you hate it.....Joe's LIL B is soooooo much better get some you will like it...also a swivel cuff every 15 feet or so HELPS 2.5 a LOT  

But the more connections, the more chance for leaks though ? So yes you're improving in bigger hoses but not really if there are a couple small leaks.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum