Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

What are you guys doing this beautiful Sunday?

+3
TimM
Davey Cracker
Mo
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What are you guys doing this beautiful Sunday? Empty What are you guys doing this beautiful Sunday?

Post by Mo Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:14 am

Im going to be working on my sons car. That kid can't seem to stay on the road Its pretty scary. He's gone of the road three times. The first time he was handing a burrito to a friend and didnt see the turn and hit the curb. I had to replace the rim and tire. The second time he looked at his phone and went of the rood and jacked up both tires. The third time he hydroplaned freaked out spun out and hit an embankment.

I'm going to take the ATV out and get some rocky dirt by the stream to fill in the end of the driveway. When it snowed the tow truck driver made some right at the end of the driveway trying to get up creating a bumping entrance to the drive way. The asphalt is disintegrating at the end of the driveway. How can I fix that? What type of sand and rock should I put on their so it stops eroding. Ill take pics later so you guys can see what Im taking about,
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

What are you guys doing this beautiful Sunday? Empty Re: What are you guys doing this beautiful Sunday?

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:48 pm

That kid sounds a bit 'hard on the equipment', as they say. laughing
Hopefully he gets it figured out soon, and doesn't hurt himself. wink

I had to do a little auto repair myself, yesterday.
Friday on my way to a quote in the late afternoon, my van ate the Serpentine Belt, leaving me stranded and forced to get it towed home.
In the replacement process I went ahead and installed a new belt tensioner too, just as preventive maintenance............I hate working on cars, and vans even more so!! lol
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

What are you guys doing this beautiful Sunday? Empty Re: What are you guys doing this beautiful Sunday?

Post by TimM Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:24 pm

I spent the day under the hood of my van. Replaced the water pump, did an oil change on the van, lubed the front end and changed the oil and filter on my truckmount.
What are you guys doing this beautiful Sunday? 2015-016
What are you guys doing this beautiful Sunday? 2015-017
TimM
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://magaw.org/PriceIsRightCarpetCleaning/

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:01 pm

Wow, you guys sure are keeping yourselves busy today, I woke up to a negative reviews on Yelp complaining about my prices, she didn't even make an appointment nor use my service and she misunderstood me when I told her anything under 250 sq ft, the minimum charge is $ 100, she wrote that I had told her anything under 250 sq ft there is an ADDITIONAL $ 100 charge, these people need to learn English better before calling businesses, so stupid !
So yes I replied to it and then just clean up a week worth of messes at home and just chilling at home all day.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:57 pm

Wow, Tim it looks like you took the radiator out to replace the water pump?

did you have to, or just do it for easier access?

How many miles on van before the pump went out?....Ford?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:00 pm

I should be sleeping!

All I did today was work a 13 hour shift, sent out 4 invoices, called 6 area cleaners looking for a sub this week, booked my travel to Nashville in a couple of weeks, rebuilt my toilet tank in the basement bathroom, did my laundry, practiced my guitar playing, and rescued a kitten.

Okay, I didn't do all of that....the kitten died.

I can't do everything. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:27 pm

milspec6 wrote:I should be sleeping!

All I did today was work a 13 hour shift, sent out 4 invoices, called 6 area cleaners looking for a sub this week, booked my travel to Nashville in a couple of weeks, rebuilt my toilet tank in the basement bathroom, did my laundry, practiced my guitar playing, and rescued a kitten.

LOL laughing
That's okay, you're forgiven, it's only a kitten Razz
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:47 pm

Sick all weekend. So got nothing done.

Last edited by Matt; My carpet cleaner on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:47 pm

Looks like its time to get our work vehicles ready for the busy season.

Check out my sons handy work. His grand daddy is going to give him a car so he was going to sell it to his friend for 500.00. I thought I would tear into it to see what the extent of the damage was. Gonna need a new ac condenser, radiator, fan, etc. Took everything off the main impact was at the lower end of the radiator support no damage to hood or fenders

What are you guys doing this beautiful Sunday? Img_2010
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:Sick all weekend. Soon got nothing done.

Maybe cuz your almost 50 years old What a Face

Get well soon
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:52 pm

milspec6 wrote:I should be sleeping!

the energizer bunny photo: energizer bunny 4bbdbccc.gif
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:55 pm

Mo wrote:
Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:Sick all weekend. Soon got nothing done.

Maybe cuz your almost 50 years old What a Face

Get well soon

Ouch, that was cold.

Want to feel even older....Tom Selleck is 70 now! I grew up with Magnum, hard to believe he is 70....luckily, I didn't age. Cool
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:55 pm

dp1 wrote:Wow, you guys sure are keeping yourselves busy today, I woke up to a negative reviews on Yelp complaining about my prices, she didn't even make an appointment nor use my service and she misunderstood me when I told her anything under 250 sq ft, the minimum charge is $ 100, she wrote that I had told her anything under 250 sq ft there is an ADDITIONAL $ 100 charge, these people need to learn English better before calling businesses, so stupid !
So yes I replied to it and then just clean up a week worth of messes at home and just chilling at home all day.

Man that sucks. Thats good that you re make sure you get your side of the story out. I trust you left the part out about learning English
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Mo wrote:Looks like its time to get our work vehicles ready for the busy season.

Check out my sons handy work. His grand daddy is going to give him a car so he was going to sell it to his friend for 500.00. I thought I would tear into it to see what the extent of the damage was. Gonna need a new ac condenser, radiator, fan, etc. Took everything off the main impact was at the lower end of the radiator support no damage to hood or fenders

What are you guys doing this beautiful Sunday? Img_2010

Sounds to me like the only rubber he needs to control are on a comfortable pair of shoes for awhile. wink

If you are going to have any luck, make it "his" project more than yours. He will take far better care of it that way when it is finished. Once a kid buys a set of tires, he will think twice about burning off the rubber.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:08 pm

His mommy and grand parents won't allow it
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TimM Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:04 am

Davey Cracker wrote:Wow, Tim it looks like you took the radiator out to replace the water pump?

How many miles on  van before the pump went out?....Ford?
Its a Chevy. it has about 129K on it and you have to take the radiator shroud, fan air cleaner and over flow tank off to get to the water pump, then there is only 6 small bolts holding it on. The pump it self is quick, but it is everything else that you have to remove to get to it.
TimM
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://magaw.org/PriceIsRightCarpetCleaning/

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:29 am

TimM wrote:
Davey Cracker wrote:Wow, Tim it looks like you took the radiator out to replace the water pump?

How many miles on  van before the pump went out?....Ford?
Its a Chevy. it has about 129K on it and you have to take the radiator shroud, fan air cleaner and over flow tank off to get to the water pump, then there is only 6 small bolts holding it on. The pump it self is quick, but it is everything else that you have to remove to get to it.

How many small parts were left over when you were done? Rolling Eyes

Van's are a pita to work on, which is why most mechanics will charge a premium to work on them. Not only does it take longer (like Tim said, you have to remove everything just to get to things), but it still ends up being cramped.

To pull the engine you need to remove the front clip and the suspension for pete's sake. All of that time you are paying $90 to #120 per hour for the guy to work on it. That is one of the reasons I went to the ISuzu NPR, that tilt cab is wonderful, you get get to everything!
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:46 am

Ya I hate working on the express when you have to access from the cab side, I like being under the hood not cramped laying down in between the two front seats.

Did you see the accident Mo? I remember getting in a little "accident" when I was about 18 and telling the parents a story.. truth was I was drunk driving with my friends and spun out.

just a thought, kids can be dangerous at that age
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:14 pm

I didnt see AC but it sure wouldn't surprise me. But he did call 911 and it was raining so Ill give him the benefit of the doubt.

My oldest daughter from my first marriage wrecked the car that I bought her for college and she was under the influence. I was so pissed I refused to raise a finger to help her fix or get transportation.

Its really scary cuz the biggest killer of teenagers and young adults are car crashes
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:53 pm

Mo wrote:His mommy and grand parents won't allow it

Then you should have his mommy and grand parents have the project laughing
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:02 pm

Im going to sell it and buy me some toys
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:06 pm

This project was easy

What are you guys doing this beautiful Sunday? Img_2014
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:16 pm

Yeah with a kid like that, wink you could really benefit from AAA's free towing. That tow prob cost you more than the yearly membership does?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:23 pm

That tow was free pick ur part is gonna make some money on that car
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:37 pm

So you got a free tow, on your car you donated to them?......then they sell the parts for profit.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next