Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Hydroforce lifespan.

+2
milspec6
dp1
6 posters

Go down

Hydroforce lifespan. Empty Hydroforce lifespan.

Post by dp1 Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:57 am

I usually have pretty good lifespan out of my hydroforce, but when they failed and you're trying to rebuild it, they're really a hit or miss, I have one now that ate 3 rebuild kit springs and still not pulling solutions out, this is my 2nd one that's not repairable, my local cleaner friend happened to call me yesterday and I told him about it and he said that he bought new square part on top of the cap along with everything under it, including the hose for $ 40, I thought that's pretty cheap, isn't it ? so I asked him to get me one.

How's your experience with HF rebuild kit ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Hydroforce lifespan. Empty Re: Hydroforce lifespan.

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:50 am

No l luck with rebuild kits either.

I have purchased the sprayer block like you did and it is also hit and miss. Replaced 3 of those blocks and 2 worked well, but one failed about 2 weeks later. Of the working 2, one leaks pretty bad after 3 months.

I keep meaning to take Joe up on his program. Send him the bad units and he rebuilds them with a ss block...lifetime replacement I believe.

I actually have 3 bad ones now sitting on the shelf.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:41 pm

I got a dema (block)  from joe but it doesnt come with a way to secure the bottle cap to it so wasnt able to use it,     when you buy a hydroforce its made to fit with the block and bottle cap.      

I tried to cut a cap and secure it to the dema Joe sent me but just couldnt get it to fit and any silicon or glue etc just gets wasted by the pre spray/peroxide.     I screwed with it for a while but it just kept falling off and pre spray splashing everywhere,    just ended up buying a whole new hydroforce and its worked great for a long time.  

They way they come from hydroforce theres a special little plastic ring that holds that cap secure to the dema block and leak proof,   then the draw tube is attached below.      

If you look on ebay though theres a complete dema block with bottle cap and draw tube all put together for $30 with the cap sealed on to the block.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:05 pm

I guess I've been lucky, I bought a sprayer from Steam Genie 20 years ago and I'm still using it without a problem......besides the occasional clog from debris. But I've always just been able to clean it out and it works fine again.  ^The difference is the Dema valve is mounted to the sprayer gun with a 1/4" hose going to the separate 5 qt. container.

If you have a problem with Dema valves I'd certainly take Joe up on his exchange offer.

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:59 am

Just a note if you've replaced the block assy. you have to be carful not to over tighten the handle or the wand Line because the seal on either side can be compressed to the point they block the water flow. If it doesn't get the right water flow it won't draw. I always test with a water hose not hp hose if it won't draw using low press it won't draw with high press. As you O/O know the water flow over the top of the draw line is what makes it work not pressure.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:30 am

Thanks for the tips and info guys, I talked to Joe yesterday and ordered 2 of those metering blocks ( or dema valve ). Hope it works out well.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:40 am

ACE Services wrote:Just a note if you've replaced the block assy. you have to be carful not to over tighten the handle or the wand Line because the seal on either side can be compressed to the point they block the water flow. If it doesn't get the right water flow it won't draw. I always test with a water hose not hp hose if it won't draw using low press it won't draw with high press. As you O/O know the water flow over the top of the draw line is what makes it work not pressure.

Nice tip, that may have been my problem....I did torque them down pretty tight.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:45 am

dp1 wrote:Thanks for the tips and info guys, I talked to Joe yesterday and ordered 2 of those metering blocks ( or dema valve ). Hope it works out well.

gl Dp,   not sure if you read my post but your going to have to secure the cap to the dema valve somehow.     I maybe you have a different model inline sprayer but I messed with it for a while,    mine was secured to the cap with a special plastic ring that I couldnt re use or find anywhere.     All said and done it was getting too time consuming to not just buy a new hydroforce for $100

Its basically a little ring that seals the draw tube to the bottle cap and the dema,   but it swivels to allow you to screw the cap on to the bottle.    Your going to have to fabricate this piece if your sprayer is built the same as mine was.      gl buddy,   but any glue or puddy wont work because you wont be able to twist the cap on
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:57 pm

AC, yes I read your post and asked Joe about that, he said no problem, so if it's a problem to put the cap back on there, I might just return them, I've never had to return anything I bought from him yet but he always said to let him know if there's any issues, so this would be a test if it doesn't work.
BTW where did you get HF for $ 100 ? Last time I bought one was from Jon Don and it was $ 120.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:07 pm

I wondered the same thing, $100?......seems real low, prob used or knock-off for that price?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:35 pm

sry was just rounding, I think it was about 115 or so.

Its a powerforce, which is the same thing and actually has out lasted my name brand hydroforce from before
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:04 am

I have had pretty good luck with my HF, I bought it back when I started and it is still going, 6 years now, getting ready to put my 2nd supply line on it as they get all dried out and cracked.
I don't use the tips inside I like to mix up what I think will get that job done, then mix for my next.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:23 pm

SCCC wrote:I have had pretty good luck with my HF, I bought it back when I started and it is still going, 6 years now, getting ready to put my 2nd supply line on it as they get all dried out and cracked.
I don't use the tips inside I like to mix up what I think will get that job done, then mix for my next.

I stopped using the metering tips as well a few years ago...kept clogging up when using encap boost.

I normally get 2 years out of a sprayer, but I am also terrible about rinsing them out after usage. It is pretty common for me to go a month before rinsing out and running some vinegar through them. I guess I deserve the break-downs.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:42 pm

We're sposta rinse them out? Hmmmmm, I didn't know that, and have never done it. But I don't think my Dema has a metering tip in it either.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:35 am

AC, I installed the new Dema valve last night and didn't have any issues with it, transferred the old lid to the new valve, you need to take the nipple out though to slide the lid up, and be careful not to lose the spring in the process.
Asked Ben to test it today, see what happens.
I noticed that the spring is bigger than hydroforce and my 9:1 tip doesn't fit in there, so I assumed it's 4:1 ? I gotta ask Joe if he sells the 9:1 tip, cause that will save us a lot of time from making pre sprays a few times a day instead of just once or twice.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down