Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Matrix Miracle just arrived!

+5
dp1
Ken Raddon
milspec6
Davey Cracker
Cjcann
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Matrix Miracle just arrived! Empty Matrix Miracle just arrived!

Post by Cjcann Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Going to try and replace the Leslie pool 27% hp with this powder on the recommendation of AC? was it? Now that I have it how much should I use as an additive in prespray? was using about 1 cup of the Leslie 27% juice in about 2 gallon of prespray. Anybody?
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Matrix Miracle just arrived! Empty Re: Matrix Miracle just arrived!

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:48 pm

Wow, you were really using a lot of the 27%.

Let us know how it compares.  I'm not a fan of powders, so I wouldn't likely use it, but do wonder how it works.

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:04 pm

I've used other powdered peroxide boosters and have not been pleased by them. They do the job, but often contain soda ash or other fillers that end up just floating on the surface in my sprayer like pond scum.

If you are looking for powdered oxygen-based booster for nasty jobs, I suggest adding some OSR to the sprayer instead. It delivers the oxide boost and odor removers without the "pond scum".

That being said, I have zero experience with the Matrix product and might be way off basing it on similar products. Please give us a report on what you discover.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:23 pm

I have used the same stuff made by a different manufacturer for a couple years now. I have used interlinks and pros choice here's what I do. I use a 7 quart jug with the tip removed so you will have to addjust down a third or so if you have a 5 qt jug with the tip removed. I put a regular amount of prespray in the jug and to that I add 4 oz if I am trying to get a decent peroxi boost and 8 oz if I am trying to get a decent deo and peroxi boost/additive.

Now I use Soils and Oils in my 7 qt jug and just add it right to the jug. Then I ad my 4 or 8 ounces of pet zone (I have Cobbs product to use once I am done with my Interlink stuff) and then right from the courtesy hose I fill it with water that is at least 120° but not more than 150°.

I hope that helps.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:26 pm

Matrix Miracles is pretty much the same product as OSR, the main reason why I don't really like using it with pre spray product is because it foams up too much if mixed with HOT water, if the water is not hot they don't mix well, so I only use it for urine treatments that don't require a lot of them, so I only mix it about a quart or two, even if it foams up, it won't overflow.
It's a good product and it smells pretty good too.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:37 pm

dp1 wrote:Matrix Miracles is pretty much the same product as OSR, the main reason why I don't really like using it with pre spray product is because it foams up too much if mixed with HOT water, if the water is not hot they don't mix well, so I only use it for urine treatments that don't require a lot of them, so I only mix it about a quart or two, even if it foams up, it won't overflow.
It's a good product and it smells pretty good too.
Yep.
And when mixed with hot water it becomes highly a active; for 30 min. Or so. So if your adding to your HF, by the time you get to the next job- its lost its fizzle.
Now if your adding to a pump up sprayer, I'd do 1\2 scoop to 1 gal. For reg urine saturation mix its 1 scoop(2 oz. I believe) to a gal.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:49 pm

I think it is closer to 8 ounces to a gallon if you're mixing it for regular urine treatment.

I think it works great if you don't mix it much over 120° as a booster that is.

I would mix it at or above 150° if I were using it on a regular urine job.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:02 pm

I think your right. 4 scoops.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:12 am

I purchased this stuff to replace the leslie stuff. In the hot weather the liquid 27% becomes more difficult to store. What I have discovered about ":Miracle"
1. Has fragrance- advertising led me to believe it had none.
2. Does not dissolve well
3. Has alkaline boosting agents ie: soda ash/washing soda. This accelerates and increases the action of the powdered hp.
4. May not work well as a cleaning booster.
5. Wish I could find a source for powdered hp that had no booster or fragrance.
6. Probably going back to Leslie pools 27% Aqua silk- May cost a little more but has stabilizers that prevent it from loosing its fizz in the concentrated gallon solution, try putting a little on your finger tip when the gallon is just about empty- you'll see.
7. Leslie has no fragrance- mixes easily and stiores ok.
8 Will keep Miracle for urine contamination only
I will use Miracle today on a carpet/tile job and report back tonight.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:28 am

Great feedback El, I continue to use Leslie Peroxide as well, but feel your pain during the summer months. It is 95 degrees right now and I have to keep the jugs in a 12v cooler.

I have been trying "Accelerate" from Pro's Choice as an option, but still too much filler.

If anyone knows of a low-filler option, speak up.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:34 pm

milspec6 wrote:Great feedback El, I continue to use Leslie Peroxide as well, but feel your pain during the summer months.  It is 95 degrees right now and I have to keep the jugs in a 12v cooler.

I have been trying "Accelerate" from Pro's Choice as an option, but still too much filler.

If anyone knows of a low-filler option, speak up.

Here it is, why didn't I look sooner, DUH, 99% pure no soda ash, free shipping, $23 for 10 lbs.

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Supply-Outlet-Sodium-Percarbonate/dp/B00HEX7UP4
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:00 pm

Looks good, but not at all professionally packaged.......as one reviewer said, 'total disaster in a zip-lock bag'. As long as you have a jar laying around to put it in, you should be ok.

I'll stick to the liquid....I just need to take the time to find the local chem supplier that sells the 35% for $2 a gal., and ditch the high priced Leslie's stuff.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:02 pm

Might be on the right track, but I would be worried about the actual content. IF they are shipping the supply in zip lock bags, how do your know it isn't being cut with sugar or something?

It would have little value if it isn't consistent. I feel that I can trust a larger company like the Leslie product....still, you might be on the right track.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:09 pm

Are you guys using peroxide just for urine?...of is the boost the thing here? I never used it and want some info on what everyone likes and all agree on. Im sure we all will have seperate favorites but sounds like Leslie pool has a classic going on.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Both really. I add the liquid peroxide to brighten the textile, remove certain stains, destroy odors, and help sanitize.

The great thing about peroxide is that it can do all that and self-neutralize so there is no rinsing concerns. It is just tough to keep enough around without losing the potency on the truck or in storage.

I try to never stock-pile it beyond a 2-week's supply.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:06 pm

I use it on every job, to boost pre-spray for the reasons Mil stated..
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:03 pm

I don't understand the hassle of having to store peroxide at certain temperatures, just boost with Ultrapac, 2 - 4 Oz per gallon of pre spray, around $ 35 / gallon, a gallon last me a whole month, average about 5 jobs a day, can't get more economical than that.
Yeah yeah I know it's not the greenest products Razz
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Ultrapac is a good booster, but I don't like the MSDS all that much compared to liquid peroxide.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:29 am

What negativism, 10 lbs. of 99% pure food grade sodium percarbonate for $23 delivered in 2 days ( if you have prime) Stores indefinitely. Won't gas off, no soda ash or fillers, no fragrances. Oh no I forgot BOO HOO! It comes in a zip lock bag! Really guys? Is this a valid concern? What carpet cleaner doesn't have an empty plastic tub or jar around. I have ordered it, I will report my findings.
PS The matrix miracle stinks, they said :

Other products are designed to handle one or the other, but Miracle takes care of it all: tea, coffee, blood, vomit, feces, urine - any organic stain or odor you can come up with. Plus, it won't leave strong artificial fragrances behind.

What a load of BS, I had a headache after using just half a scoop in my prespray.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:05 am

Doesnt it get used pretty quick if its all that....seems like its a daily product. When the proxide it closed doesnt it stay fresh?
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:12 pm

I'm anxious to hear your findings on the "bag 'o booster"....it might be what we are all looking for. I'm just a skeptic most of the time....just like that Matrix stuff sounded great on paper, this might end up being a dud.

Still, it is cheap to try and you aren't really out anything in the end.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:54 pm

damn gotta sry El D but gotta disagree with you 100%

Im still using miracle all day every day with no bad effects and would never in a million years go back to swimming pool peroxide.  

The fragrance is very very minimal with miracle,    and it wipes out odors better than anything out there.     Mixes just as easy as any other pre spray,   try using hot tap water next time.     For me 100% water soluable with no "layer" on the top,    but we have great tap water here..   only 70ppm and 7pH so maybe that is a factor?

same stuff as OSR.      

I add a natural lavender light deodorizer to all pre spray so have never smell anything from miracle.    When I have used it alone the scent is so minimal Im very surprised it bothers you.      

Half a scoup?   idk man,    I find it hard to believe that half a scoup of that stuff would even do anything let alone leave a bad fragrence or give u a headache.

Also remember you should be adding some sort of good "scent" to all your residential jobs,       smell plays a huge factor in peoples minds even if you are unable to make the old carpet look great.

Ps   stabilizers in liquid peroxide do absolutely nothing...    dont test on your finger,  pour it on concrete..  if its not volcanoeing and really foaming its dead..    a little fizz isnt enough.         If liquid peroxide didnt go flat then there wouldnt be a vented cap,    it has a vented cap because from the second its bottled you are losing oxygen.

get one little tiny drop in your eye and youll wish you never messed with that stuff,      of course we were always really careful but sh!t happens and a tiny drop your blind for life. Not to mention its 20x the price of miracle and a pain to deal with
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:29 pm

milspec6 wrote:I'm anxious to hear your findings on the "bag 'o booster"....it might be what we are all looking for.  I'm just a skeptic most of the time....just like that Matrix stuff sounded great on paper, this might end up being a dud.

Still, it is cheap to try and you aren't really out anything in the end.

I'm the same way, and think if it isn't properly commercial packaged it's prob coming from some bathtub operation, or just some dudes garage, where there's not likely to be that consistency we need, for what we use it for.............you could ruin a customers fine furnishings with that kinda crap.

Lov4e the "bag 'o booster" term too!! laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:16 pm

Matrix isnt great on paper Mil,   its great.     We go through tons of it.    

Ive tried just powdered peroxide,   its decent but doesnt work as well.  

Miracle has synthetic enzyme along with powdered peroxide which is why it works so good      

Try it for yourself before jumping to conclusions,   different products work differently for everyone.  

For us,   finding Miracle has completely changed our business for urine decon,   deodorizing,  and removing any organic stain.

we boost almost every job with it, saves untold amounts of time removing all sorts of unknown stains
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:38 pm

I haven't ruled it out AC, I actually plan on trying some once I run out of the Masterblend Accelerator (sodium percarbonate).

I value your endorsement a great deal. I'm just a stubborn old man.....excuse me for a minute, I have to tell a kid to get off my lawn. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next