Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Hose reel was supposed to make life easier

5 posters

Go down

Hose reel was supposed to make life easier Empty Hose reel was supposed to make life easier

Post by Devon07 Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:15 am

My live hose reel is hard to get used to, Ive always hand rolled and coiled my pressure line in 50 ft sections....now its continuous and has been handy except for a couple times and then today lost pressure out of the inside of hose reel....had to plumb direct to get through the 4 hr job. I hate failure especially when its a tool thats supposed to make things easier. was 15 minutes from the door and being done....had to wrench a little. May take the reel off and go old school.....I know many like this feature but Im a rock. Now my electric vac line reel is a great feature!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Hose reel was supposed to make life easier Empty Re: Hose reel was supposed to make life easier

Post by Mo Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:38 am

What a pain but you'll have that puppy dialed in soon enough.

My first section of solution hose is a 100 footer. It just seems like that's the sweet spot to get me to most places and there's no QD in the house

So was there a leak in one of the QD hoses on the reel or was it an issue withe the the swivel on the reel.

I've never gone live solution reel it just doesn't seem like it saves that much time no and electric reel I would love to have.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Hose reel was supposed to make life easier Empty Re: Hose reel was supposed to make life easier

Post by milspec6 Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Live solution reels are a must on large commercial. I'm normally out about 300 feet and it saves a ton of time if you can just roll out a 200 foot section. That is why I prefer dual reels, one set up for commercial and one for residential...200 feet continuous on commercial reel and 100 ft plus sections on residential reel.

I am surprised that you had a problem so soon. I just replaced the swivel on my butler last year after 9k hours of use. It was very expensive and nickel plated, but it did last a very long time.

It must have been a minor error on the installation, once you correct that you will come to like that reel unless you are only doing residential with short hose runs.....then I wouldn't bother running live.

An added bonus for a live reel is during the winter. It will add a few degrees to your water by trapping some of the heat in the coiled hose still on the reel....sort of a rubber heat exchanger.

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:37 pm

Don't use them never, will, Carry the pressure line to the end and unwind backwards. No problems, no fuss. An old dog set in his ways. lol
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:13 pm

I like running live, garden hose and solution line.

recently switched back to parker paraflex and its really nice how light it is... when I first went to the scheiffer skinny I loved it because theres no memory, just like dealing with a skinny rope

now that Ive gone back to the orange parker I dont mind the memory at all and 125ft coiled in your hand is only a few lbs. 125ft of skinny is like 50lbs

Joe is helping me get set up with a 100ft hide a hose for my main in the house vac and solution line. Going to connect fittings on the cool cuffs and just bring one line into the home.. no tangles and easy backing out while cleaning
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:19 pm

I havent taken it apart yet as Im waiting for it to cool down....I suspect it was just a loose fitting but we'll see.I like the ole take the line in mode...back out and done....lines it all up too. Its nice to just roll it all up when you go though....one thing I liked but not sure im 100% because of old ways.....its fast to have water...hoses all set up just pull and go.....quick on wrap up too. Im torn.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:54 pm

I guess it kind of depends on how good you are at hand wrapping a solution line....some really can't do it without a mess.

Those "somebodies" seem to always end up working for me. Mad
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:01 pm

Actually wrapping up a solution line is better when you can do it by hand...the reel causes me to get the line all twisted....I havent mastered the art of having good stuff yet.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:41 pm

ACpower wrote:
Joe is helping me get set up with a 100ft hide a hose for my main in the house vac and solution line.     Going to connect fittings on the cool cuffs and just bring one line into the home..  no tangles and easy backing out while cleaning
 I asked if there such a thing for carpet cleaning hose a while back. So you think having the solution hose in the vac hose will kill CFM?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down