Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

tnt installed, hose reel mounted in ceiling

+2
milspec6
ACpower1
6 posters

Go down

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling Empty tnt installed, hose reel mounted in ceiling

Post by ACpower1 Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:54 pm

just some pics

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling IMG_0950_zpsbff47db8

50gal lp tank, and little giant regulator

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling IMG_0951_zps9de74d96

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling IMG_0952_zpsdbbf3640

backside of machine, fuel lines up through the floor

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling IMG_0953_zps5973d856

hose reel mounted...

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling IMG_0948_zps390bb394

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling IMG_0960_zpsde2c85bb

this is what we got so far, installing the tool box tomorrow and going to start laying out where all the wands and crb etc go

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling IMG_0961_zps16f4b361

Anyone know where to get those clips that ive seen people mount their wands with? whats the best hardware for mounting a wand on a wall or securing spinner, rv, etc?? I have cleats and rubber bungee cords but wondering if there is a better way.

ran the machine for the first time today, carpet was dry in less than 1hr at about 500psi with the 7.5 flow. Les recommends going up to 10 flow.

going to call Joe B to get some new pressure hose, been using the parker parflex for a couple years now and were ready to try something that doesnt have memory.. also running this much heat im a little concerned with the age of it

more pics to come soon!
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling Empty Re: tnt installed, hose reel mounted in ceiling

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:07 pm

This is great, I have been trying to plan out my box truck and you are putting those same ideas into play. Kind of like trying before buying for me on this build.

I really like the way that ceiling mounted reel looks...plenty of room beneath it and that isn't the highest roof to begin with. That worked out great.

As for mounting the wands, you could go with the 3m fast-trac garage storage system? It is a pretty slick system and could give you a lot of options and room to adjust later down the road. Also, maglights are a 1.5 inch tube (most of them anyway), so use a maglight holder for your detailers and stair tools that might still be 1.5 inch tubes.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling Empty Re: tnt installed, hose reel mounted in ceiling

Post by ACpower1 Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:16 pm

thanks, googled mag lite holders and came across these... quickfists

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling Qf01
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:17 pm

I hope that's an electric vac hose reel?

If not, seems it would be really difficult to roll hose up with it so high.........I like the idea of the room under it tho. Smile
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:23 pm

its a manual... I want an electric but cant spend the money right now. Its actually really easy to roll up, that box is much lower than the standard height... the posture and reach is better than when it was mounted on the floor of the express because it was back a little ways, so you had to lean in to roll it up before.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:25 pm

ACpower1 wrote:thanks,   googled mag lite holders and came across these...     quickfists

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling Qf01

I love those things...little pricey, but really cool. We use those all over the fire house and on the trucks at the local volunteer department. They work really well and can be worked wearing gloves. Despite price, I'm thinking they might be the right move.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:37 pm

it says the small size goes 1.5- 3in, and the large are 3in - 7in

im not sure they will work with the bend in the handle on the wands, and flipped the other way the front handle on the wand makes it stick out a bit.

I have some of the 3m and husky garage storage things, they just dont have a way of securing something while driving. I tried it awhile back when we first bought this truck.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:44 pm

going to do more test runs tomorrow and sunday just to get real familiar with the machine and then monday were on the first real job with it.

I tried mounting the LG even with the front of the machine but the exhaust from the blower kept blowing out the pilot light when the main burners shut off. I shifted it back about midway on the machine and bolted the pressure reel right in front to make use of the space.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:45 pm

Interesting...maybe use wooden rifle stands like in an armory? It would take up about a foot of floor space, but would be cheap and easy. Simple velcro strap to secure it while driving.....?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:59 pm

ACpower1 wrote:its a manual...   I want an electric but cant spend the money right now.     Its actually really easy to roll up,  that box is much lower than the standard height...    the posture and reach is better than when it was mounted on the floor of the express because it was back a little ways,    so you had to lean in to roll it up before.

That's for sure, not having the hose reel mounted as close to the door opening sure makes for a less than ideal location, because of that having to do that "leaning in" thing, or what I refer to as a PITA setup.  laughing The good thing is, it takes about 5 min to move it back, just by unscrewing it, moving back and then using self-drilling screws to remount it.

Here's what I use to hang heavy tile tools hung from van ceiling, never had one fall in 3 years........they hold firm so there's no movement or rattling.  These I have are for 1.5" tube........I had thought about hanging wand like that too, but it's not practical being it's used at most jobs, so I did it like this instead (see last pic).  wink ...............

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling Photo145

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling Photo146

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling Photo147

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling Photo148

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling Photo149
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:17 am

nice, I like that way of holding the wand. Does your spinner fold down ?
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:35 am

"Spinner fold down"?

I don't know what you mean??  confused 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:09 am

BTW it looks like from what I can see you have the LP line just pushed threw a hole drilled in the metal floor??

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling IMG_0951_zps9de74d96

I think the metal hole will win the battle against the rubber hose rubbing on it?  confused 

Mine uses a flange type connection, which I think is much safer (no prob with it in over 20 yrs of use), like this.........

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling Photo150

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:07 am

Dave, where did you buy the hooks and the sh!t holder thingy on the ceiling of the van ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:12 pm

I love the idea of an upside down hose reel and have been contemplating doing it for my backup machine. Free space underneath especially if you are already challenged for room. Good job AC!!!!!
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.absolutelykleener.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:04 pm

I gotcha Davey,   The floor is just fiberglass and wood though.    I drilled them and then smoothed out the inside with sand paper.    Made it a really tight fit so I wouldnt have to also seal around the hose.     The fuel hose judson sent me is like almost 1/4 in thick side walls,   you have to really try to cut it with a utility knife. I was mostly just concerned with road grime getting up in there. I may add a bulkhead down the road.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:10 pm

found these clips at home depot, thanks for the idea Davey. I decided against the quick fists since I would have to order them online and they are like $10 each.

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling IMG_0968_zpsf91bfa10

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling IMG_0969_zps9ac272e1

Im going to mount everything I can with these, hydro shark, handle for the water claw, broom, grout brush, black light, and anything else

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling IMG_0970_zps70a50701
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:18 pm

dp1 wrote:Dave, where did you buy the hooks and the sh!t holder thingy on the ceiling of the van ?

I got the Chem Shelf Hooks at Routley in Costa Masa, CA.

Their a ProChem dealer and repair center so I think you know the place I'm talking about??
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:20 pm

ACpower1 wrote:I gotcha Davey,   The floor is just fiberglass and wood though.    I drilled them and then smoothed out the inside with sand paper.    Made it a really tight fit so I wouldnt have to also seal around the hose.      The fuel hose judson sent me is like almost 1/4 in thick side walls,   you have to really try to cut it with a utility knife.    I was mostly just concerned with road grime getting up in there.    I may add a bulkhead down the road.    

I got ya, doesn't sound like a prob....good job!  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:20 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:"Spinner fold down"?

oh mine just doesnt go flat all the way like that
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:33 pm

ACpower1 wrote:found these clips at home depot,     thanks for the idea Davey.     I decided against the quick fists since I would have to order them online and they are like $10 each.

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling IMG_0968_zpsf91bfa10

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling IMG_0969_zps9ac272e1

Im going to mount everything I can with these,   hydro shark,   handle for the water claw,   broom,   grout brush,   black light,  and anything else

tnt installed,  hose reel mounted in ceiling IMG_0970_zps70a50701

Good Idea clipping wand to wall, that's the same way I keep my stair tool secure in my van, but I used the same black 1.5" clips you saw I have on my ceiling for hanging my tile wands.....since they're strong, easy, and real inexpensive. The stair tool clip I have mounted on the side wall in the back corner of van in the little area between the hose reel and van wall behind wheel well, so the stair tool stands straight up with the head resting on the floor, and the one clip mounted so the stair tool clips on right where the hose cuff slides on.  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:36 pm

ACpower1 wrote:
Davey Cracker wrote:"Spinner fold down"?

oh mine just doesnt go flat all the way like that

Not sure, it's just an SX-12 that's about 3 yrs old, maybe different than yours??

I did Have to use a 3/4" spacer (the pine 1x2" you see between the roof and clips) in order to actually be able to clip the SX up there.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Floorguy Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:37 pm

soo uhhh whered you get that bigger one?? because couldnt find it at HD
Floorguy
Floorguy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.paynelessfloorcare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down