Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

2790 question

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2790 question - Page 2 Empty Re: 2790 question

Post by Devon07 Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:52 pm

http://www.shorebest.com/ ask for Debra...she is sending me more samples of other products they have. Its Shorebest 2790 and she will send you MSDS on any and all products you want info on. Nice people.

Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:27 am

Thanks, they have an interesting product line.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:45 pm

I stopped using 2790 and unitex,     never really ran into grout that either didnt bring back to completely white

but one little mistake on a stainless appliance and your screwed on that job,     our customers have very nice homes with appliances that are easily 5k+  for a single refrig or range

procyon makes a tile cleaner that cleans just as well with no risk on wood,  stainless,  etc      and its much healthier to be using and possibly breathing a bit.    

with 2790 and unitex you should be wearing a mask,     I did once have unitex mess up some stain on a baseboard..  wasnt a big deal and luckily the customer didnt care

both work really well but moving in the direction of trusting other people to do this type of work I just dont even want to risk it,     even if I had to scrub something with procyon(havent yet)    then I would prefer that over possibly owing someone for a 7500$  refrigerator

just like we no longer use 27% or higher liquid peroxide, just dont need it and one drop in your eye by accident from someone not being careful and they are blind for life
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:33 pm

Cant get procyon. I always make it standard to protect areas of risk and ALWAYS wear eye and hand protection....I do wear a mask when it says to ...I need to read again because I missed it if it does. Tape and plastic are easy to apply real fast and it helps justify cost.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:45 pm

Devon07 wrote:Not at all...I wish it had something to let me know it was actually there...it foamed a little. It was pleasant and very mild smelling. Call and get a sample! It comes fast...Have no clue on my Procyon! I even called them and they said give me your info and if I find a problem Ill call you back....lol

They did change the formula cause the old one smelled pretty strong, Just because you can't smell it it doesn't mean its not hazardous. I just can't introduce a solution into my customers home that has this warning on it and  I certainly don't want to expose myself to it on a regular bases.

Acute:
Inhalation of mists can cause damage to the upper resp
iratory tract and to the lung tissue depending on extent of
exposure. Effects range from mild irritation of mucous membranes, severe
pneumonitis, and de
struction of lung
tissue.

Shorebest 2790 MSDS

I've been using the Procyon carpet cleaner for tile but I also have Oxyblaster on the truck.

Chronic
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:55 pm

How many other chems on your truck have that same type of warning in the MSDS?

Maybe it's time we put on our respirators?

Might not look good for me to do that, since I promote "Green Cleaning", unless maybe I also provide a respirator for the customer?  laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:59 pm

You guys need to understand I would try/use procyon if I could get it! Everyone just raved at how good 2790 was and when I get it, im happy with it. Its not a product I use everyday and spray without being carefull.

Im also aware of the fact that because there is no real odor doesnt mean its not bad. It didn't fume or gas....I sprayed onto the area to be worked AND I used safety as I do on a regular basis.

So far going green has been challenging for me....just cant get product.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:04 pm

Maybe it does have vapors....as little of this I would be doing, im sure we arent doing any harm.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:12 pm

Devon, if you want well working DfE safe cleaners, Joe at Wanders is where to get them............I'd say 90% of the cleaning solutions I use are DfE approved, and from him.

And it's the same reason a lot of my 1st time customers call me, rather than my less expensive competitors.......they want that green/safe stuff.

Damnit!!.....I just let the cat out of the bag!!..only because you guys aren't close enough to compete with me. Ask Mo, I bet he also knows the power of GREEN, no matter what he's using.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:18 pm

I want both...I want to offer my customers either method they care for.....this is part of what I wanted to talk with you about. I plan to get with joe.coctail
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:55 am

Devon07 wrote: I want both...I want to offer my customers either method they care for.....this is part of what I wanted to talk with you about. I plan to get with joe.coctail

This is a logical approach. I operate mostly with Joe's products on residential (red remover, rust remover, prespray, encap, deodorizer), but on commercial, I have to resort to Pro's Choice products.

You really have to be flexible in this industry. There is no "one product" fix for all conditions, but I do worry about chemical exposures having a background in haz-mat work. Just make sure to review the MSDS and I would also suggest carrying a pocket guide from NIOSH or just using their phone app to understand the risks involved.

Final comment on this exposure issue: Don't think that a mask is the cure for exposures...it is the last resort only. You primary goal is to reduce the risk to the lowest level possible and then donning respiratory protection as a final stage.

That is the part most people don't understand, protective equipment is secondary to risk reduction. The other thing is to recognize that you can follow all the recommended safety steps only to discover 10 years later that they were not effective. It happens all the time....people used to watch atomic detonations!

So, don't rely on protective equipment, try and reduce or remove the threat altogether if you want to spend that retirement money someday.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:38 pm

I forgot to mention that I was talking about the procyon tile/grout cleaner not the carpet solutions, just to clarify

I like Joe's encap better than all the others ive tried, but s/o carpet pre spray needs a huge peroxide boost to clean as well as procyon powder, and even bigger boost to clean as well as the extreme procyon which makes s/o about 75% more expensive to use so I just cant justify it because procyon is just as safe.

unfortunately the odo-ban product from home depot is also DFE and cleans right on par with s/o maybe even a bit better and is 50% the price

Joe's encap is the best because it doesnt foam like the other brands, matrix encap is so foamy its terrible and has a horrible vapor/odor it gives off.

I just landed a small commercial account that ill be encaping with s/o/e
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2