Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Your customer, the salesperson

5 posters

Go down

Your customer, the salesperson Empty Your customer, the salesperson

Post by milspec6 Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:51 pm

I was thinking about how we all like to place those great "before and after" shots on our websites and some advertising, but how many send them to the customer that you just cleaned for?

I used to love showing customers pictures of past jobs on a tablet to try and impress them, but there is an old saying that your trumpet is louder when blown by someone else. In other words, wouldn't it be better if your past customers were showing off those pictures instead of you?

By providing the "B and A" photos of their house to the customer, they have something to show others on social media....who will then show the next, and the next, etc. How many potential customers do you think would be reached in that fashion? My guess is that it would not only reach a lot of people, but would also include a sales pitch / endorsement from your happy customer.

I think I will be testing this idea out. If you already email them a QB invoice, then it would be simple to add photos as well, letting your customer become your salesperson.

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Your customer, the salesperson Empty Re: Your customer, the salesperson

Post by Devon07 Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:08 pm

My niece works at a dental office here and my son just had his cleaning done...while in the lobby I scheduled two jobs....one lady asked about my van (it was detailed and just had windows tinted) I told yes, it was me....she said he carpets were cleaned a week ago and the carpet stinks! the lady next to her said OMG! we had the same thing just a few weeks ago....I asked both of them to give me a chance to win them as a customer...I said I would fix the problem and they would be happy!...they both said lets do it! I encourage my customers to advertise for me....you know, when you impress them....they will anyway.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:57 pm

I think some people might be embarrassed to show their family and friends pictures of their dirty carpet,

Good selling Devon no show how a pro does it
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:02 pm

I agree Mo....some of the customers I take pics at say you better not say its mine! lol...I tell them Im just showing a pic of carpet and not whose carpet......but Rob has a good point too, if they are happy and its NOW clean, some may be interested in showing the before and after. That would be worth the money!...a customer showing pics AND bragging!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:59 pm

Sure some would be too embarrassed to show pictures, but more than likely, their friend and families already know what the carpets looked like, so that after picture would be a shocker that people would want to show off.

My Sister dropped a hot fondue pot down here basement stairs last year. Everyone in the family laughs about the big stain on the stairs and they have talking about replacing their carpets at some point.

Sunday, I was finally able to convince her to let me clean it. Despite others making attempts at it and saying that it was permanent, I got the stains out.

Now imagine what those people will say the next time they visit and expect to the see that same stain? Same would hold true if sent a B and A picture set.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:43 pm

True Rob, but family and friends you allow into your home are one thing but promoting it around town on social media may have the church ladies talking. lol
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:24 pm

Maybe so, I am not a big social media guy, but it seems like people enjoy telling the world what they are doing at any given moment. It is hard for me to believe that they would be overly shy about carpets.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:49 pm

Do this....Take before and after pics at your next 5 jobs and say you want to post it online. The feedback you get will answer any questions you have. When I took pics of that last job where the urine was bad....she almost wouldn't let me take a pic. I promised I wouldn't let everyone know it was her....now, if its just a moderately soiled job and comes clean ....they may be okay BUT you wont get the B/A your really after. When they are worthy of a great pic....they will not be easy to give the okay. They do enjoy telling but only who they select and at their level of intensity....not yours and mine.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:35 pm

I agree with Devon and Mo. I don't think folks will like the before and after photo idea.

However, they may like an after photo to post on social media. Especially if it is groomed nice or even with the shark tooth pattern. It would give them a chance to brag about how great their carpets look, without having to reveal how dirty they were before.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:22 pm

Its not that Rob is wrong ....if I find that customer...Im all in!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:14 pm

I might have people pegged wrong here, but America loves a make-over show and are not shy about posting photos of that kitchen remodel or the newly converted attic.

I guess they are not showing something that was filthy, just ugly, so maybe my plan doesn't have merit.

I will be giving it a try this year to see what happens.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:34 pm

I haven't had time to read this thread until now.
My opinion is everyone is different, some will be okay with showing before and after pictures ( I'm one of those guy ), and some will not be okay with that.
If you find that person and he / she has tons of friends in his / her social media account, that can be a big fat free advertising.
Great idea, somewhat Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:22 am

Rob, I'm the very person we are talking about...If my carpets were as soiled as some of the pics we see I would NOT under any circumstances show the world regardless how great they look afterwards....even though they look great and I'm telling everyone look how good XXXXX cleaning is....the fact still remains that my carpets were filthy. Why would I want people to publicly know that?

If I find one Im going to capitalize on it for sure because its a rare breed. Your plan has HUGE merit....its just harder than it sounds...I market this way and always have....but finding that moment is like a photographer waiting for that picture to come along. I agree with you Rob.....just know it wont happen easy.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:27 am

DP...showing a Before and After is one thing but putting your name behind it as well and endorsing it is another. You can take before and after pics all day of my crap.....but when you want ME to say YOU did a great job...I will BUT not with pics of my filthy carpets (as if I had them) lol

When I take pics now I ask....they are quick to say, as long as you dont give my name.....its not just about filth either, Its a personal pic in someones home and the very moment you attach a name it becomes personal.

I wish I could attach a few pics to names because not only are the pics amazing, so are the names that would endorse!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:25 am

Of course I've been told by some that I should have taken before and after pics because it was so dramatic and people do look at those pics.

Its a good idea that you put captions on your before pics saying what the stain was so that they can say," If he took that blood stain out of that berber he could probably do the same for me."
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down