Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

No show customer

+8
milspec6
ODIN
Mo
William Simpson
Freemind1
TimM
Ryan S
Danb
12 posters

Go down

No show customer Empty No show customer

Post by Danb Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:12 am

I just spent $20 in gas to go out to a customer's home not to mention my time. tried to call the customer yesterday with no answer and again today no answer. would you guys have gone out if you called to verify the appointment and no one answered? If he calls back to reschedule with you guys charge him a fee for a
missed appointment?
Danb
Danb

http://dkbrestoration.com

Back to top Go down

No show customer Empty Re: No show customer

Post by Ryan S Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:24 am

All apt must be confirmed before we go. That's is went over with the client during booking. If I'm near by I may drive, but I won't drive out if the way.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TimM Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:03 am

95% of all my jobs are withing a 10 mile radius of my house. I do not call to verify because most of mine are all done with in a few days of the booking. I I had a customer that was a no show, and they called to schedule again I would probably add a service call fee to the job and inform them because of the no show on the last appointment.
TimM
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://magaw.org/PriceIsRightCarpetCleaning/

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:15 am

Appointments are confirmed the day before. If they do not answer, I will not show up. It's a good habit to get into, even though it takes some of your time. It saves you and impresses your clients.

As with Ryan, this is all put out clearly for them before hand.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by William Simpson Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:53 pm

We confirm all our jobs in advance, if no answer they are instructed to call and leave message, if we do not hear from them, we do not go --

William Simpson

Back to top Go down

Post by Danb Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:59 pm

Thank you all for the valuable advice.  I will be instituting a new policy for verification calls especially when they are out of our immediate area.  This usually only happens two or three times a year but it is frustrating.  This forum is truly a wonderful place for advice and feedback.  I really do appreciate it.
Danb
Danb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:50 pm

Thanks for bringing that question up Dan. Nothing wrong with taking policy and procedure developments to a round table. Glad we could help.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:52 pm

It is infuriating when some one had a complete disrespect for your time. It makes you want to ring their neck.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Danb Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:06 pm

Funny thing is the house did have a front door mail slot. :-)
Danb
Danb

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:07 am

Funny that you brought up this topic, I had one this weekend. It was a "special request" that brought me over an hour out of my area. I did confirm the job with a realtor who told me what the combination would be on the garage door and to let myself in if she wasn't there.

Wrong combination to the garage door. Actually, wrong house too!! She sent me to a home that she already sold and those new owners were not too happy to see me.

Not really a no-show though. To prevent no-shows, confirm in advance that if you are not notifed of a cancellation with 12 hours of the scheduled job, a fee will be charged for the inconvenience. Then offer to waive it if they re-book the job.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:25 pm

I agree with the- confirm day or night before, if they do not answer leave a message to have them confirm that they know you are coming. If they do not call do not go. Make sure that you get multiple phone #s, most people will not check their cell phone or even their home answering machine until to late, then they blame you. BY leaving the message on multiple devices you have covered you ass.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Its like when I worked for ILS got time blocked out to service/repair someone's truckmount that they got to have right now. You pass up work that's standing in the shop then he no shows doesn't call or shows up three hours later wanting you to stop and work on his equip. right now. Talk about no respect for the customer or the tech working on billable labor. Now if you no show me I'll find somewhere to be when they show up late I wait at least thirety min.then I'm on a parts run or on the road I tell them call me if you can't make it I know how it is when you get call to do work or running late on a job. Treat me like your customer how meany times can you no show a customer and still have them as a customer.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Confirming appointments are helpful and I used to call when I'm going to the appointment, however I had a couple cases where the customers were in the middle of moving and didn't hear or realize their phone was ringing and ended up not confirming, resulting me not showing up and they ended up very upset because that was their last day, after a couple of those I realized I needed to make some changes, when they make the appointment I tell them that we have a very strict 48 hours cancellation policy ( most of my customers schedule within a few days ), and I haven't had any no show since then ( been about a year now ), knock on wood Razz
I had one early last year scheduled 3 times and no show 3 times ( local, within a couple miles from me ), when she called the 4th time, I told her I can't put her in the schedule any more, if she happens to be at home and ready to have it done then and only then call me and if I have availability I'll head down there, she never call back.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:21 am

I have had that happen too DP. Only once, I really hate it, but it's too much of a risk for us. When they called, I reminded them of our policy, and apologized.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet dry-tech Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:50 pm

We also get a small percentage of these customers and we do have a stated '24 hour Cancellation Policy' that we do charge a $25 fee for. This is if a customer pulls a 'No Show' or if when we get there, either they cancel or we decline the job because their situation is totally different from what they stated on the phone (usually a nightmare and both yourself and customer will not be happy with the results due to how damaged the carpets are).

We use to make conformation calls years ago, but stop doing so because we found that some customers used that call as an excuse to cancel their appointment which still screwed us up on our scheduling, so now we just go.

It is very disrespectful of a customer to just outright no show. They do not realize that 1) fuel costs there and back, 2) waste of an appt time slot that we could have booked another job & 3) I still pay have to pay my technicians a set amount when they do not show...(but the $25 Fee usually will cover those costs)....The ironic thing is that if THEY are the ones waiting for US to show and we don't show(which never happens)...they would be one very pissed off customer that we wasted their time....I hate those one-way streets!

carpet dry-tech

http://www.carpetdrytech.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:28 pm

Note to self. Don't upset Terry in any way Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:12 pm

ODIN wrote:http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/feeders/dubia-roaches-for-sale.html

Yuck, d.a.m.n I didn't know they sell them online, how the heck did they ship them ? Don't they need to breath ? Oh well, it's not like I'll ever order them and regarding their warranty that they'll arrive alive, I don't think they'll have to worry about that, roaches is so strong, I've whacked them in the past at my friend's mom's house and they're still running, you have to step on them and squash them if you want to kill them, and when you did that you make a nasty mess, yuck, they're the most disgusting insects imo.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:30 pm

My aunt had one crawl in her ear while she slept. She was in a lot of pain went to the Dr and he pulled it out with tweezers
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:55 pm

Mo wrote:My aunt had one crawl in her ear while she slept. She was in a lot of pain went to the Dr and he pulled it out with tweezers

Holy c.r.a.p Mo, that's scary  affraid 
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down