Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Not sure who is the real Scrooge in this town

5 posters

Go down

Not sure who is the real Scrooge in this town Empty Not sure who is the real Scrooge in this town

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:36 pm

I don't really celebrate the holidays much. Being a bachelor without kids who has had to work on most holidays over my lifetime, I just don't get into the whole spirit of it I guess. There are no lights on the house, no tree in the living room, and absolutely no Christmas music being played. The only thing that I do is watch 2 movies every year..."It's a Wonderful Life" and "A Christmas Carol", but only the George C Scott version.

Earlier this week, I was working under the truck and getting frustrated with the cold temps. When I went to the house to warm up, the 7 year old kid form next door ran over and handed me a bag of Christmas candy and wished me a Merry Christmas.

I have never had that done to me before and I couldn't help but laugh at the thought that I must be seen as the town's Scrooge. I almost expected to be visited by 3 ghosts that night. Razz

So, today, I was cleaning an apartment in town. The place was a dump, 4 units that haven't been updated since the 1070's and was in very poor condition. The unit had thick brown shag carpets with very greasy stained Berber in the kitchen and bathroom. No fans, no central air, and the windows leaked horribly.

Still thinking about George C Scott, I decided to change my ways. I cleaned that unit, caulked the windows, fixed two door hinges, and over-hauled the toilet tank which was constantly running. While loading up, the little girl upstairs waved at me and I decided that I was on a roll, so I ended up cleaning that unit as well........all free of charge.

While I was about to drive away, I noticed that I had been leaking some engine coolant from my heat exchanger hoses. I was only a couple of blocks from the local mechanic and decided that I would rather have him replace it as I was a little worn out and sick of dealing with heater hoses this week.

The mechanic looked at it and said that he stay open to replace it. He replaced a bad hose, topped off the coolant, and handed me a bill for $172. I asked why it was so much? He told me because he had to stay after hours so it was double.....as he was turning off the Christmas lights and the Paul Anka Christmas album.

I think this town has the wrong Scrooge......
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Not sure who is the real Scrooge in this town Empty Re: Not sure who is the real Scrooge in this town

Post by dp1 Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:29 pm

LOL, sorry Rob !! But believe me, the good deeds you did today will get back to you ten times sometimes in the future, some days I'm thinking why is it all kinds of sh!ts happened to me today and then for 6 months straight there would be no problem at all, for me no problem means huge blessings.
Hey Rob, Merry Christmas sir, if you live within 3 - 4 hours from me, I would just surprise you with a visit with 1.75 liter bottle of Grey Goose and Jagermeister, so I'm going to ask you again, when are you moving ? Lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Not sure who is the real Scrooge in this town Empty Re: Not sure who is the real Scrooge in this town

Post by Mo Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Man that's messed up. I thought you were going to say that the mechanic was going to give you a break on the labor.

I think Ill put some Christmas music on the forum
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:32 am

Not the Christmas music Mo Rocking Chair

When you live near Omaha, all you hear for 30 days straight is Manheim Steamroller albums....can't take any more.

As for moving Dp....it can't be too much longer.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:43 am

Rob, DP is right!

Dont let others change the way you are. I do some of the same stuff.

We dont celebrate Christmas like most either...We have No lights, No tree, and we dont stack gifts all over the place.....I dont care for how Christmas has been commercialized and dont support it that way. I like to find a less fortunate family and buy the groceries or make the holiday blessed for them. My son gets $200 tossed into his bank account as a gift from me...he is focused on his car in about two years. He gets his needs met and his wants HE buys! My whole family is all crazy and stressed about gifts and we ask that they dont get us any.....they still do. Christmas is so out of tune these days in my opinion.....my son has no desire for gifts in this manner...dont get me wrong, he likes goodies but does not support the style of today. Rob, the real Christmas is what you did! keep it up good man.

When teaching a kid you MUST not let money come easy!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:29 am

Well, what do you know......been in the 40's for most of this fall/winter including yesterday, but today (Christmas Eve) I wake up to this.  Right on time for the Holiday.

Not sure who is the real Scrooge in this town Img_2010
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:26 pm

its called "CHRISTmas".
the gift of time and friendships is a big deal for me.
Friends closed by and far away.
Snow, you want to talk about snow?
between yakima and seattle; snoqualimie pass/i90 is the major hwy. 12 feet of snow this december! open, closed, open, closed.... some of the greatest snow on earth.
best wishes to all
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:32 pm

So that is where all our snow has ended up this year. Normally, we get about 8 inches per month with the occasional 36 inch blizzard.

Enjoy the time with family and I am glad to have sent our snow to you this year.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:44 pm

DO NOT say the "S" word.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:10 pm

Devon07 wrote:DO NOT say the "S" word.

You have something against "Santa"?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:07 pm

LOL
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:57 pm

12 feet of snow!! The family and I are in Phoenix nice and balmyb down almost makes me want to move back. Not!
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down