Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Filthy water extracted from carpet after bonnet cleaning

+4
OneBlueSummer
milspec6
Mo
Pat
8 posters

Go down

Filthy water extracted from carpet after bonnet cleaning Empty Filthy water extracted from carpet after bonnet cleaning

Post by Pat Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:04 am

I bonneted a 1+ bed room apartment and used two bonnets one was synthetic blend with cotton for scrubbing and the other was cotton. I bought these from Bonnet Pro.

The portable has an auto dump/fill so the water that was left inside was what didn't get pumped out. I was very happy with the results. Cool

I returned two days after bonneting to extract with the portable and this was only a test for my own evaluation. These apartments aren't that bad but the water still comes out "shitt" brown when I use hwe.
Pat
Pat

Back to top Go down

Filthy water extracted from carpet after bonnet cleaning Empty Re: Filthy water extracted from carpet after bonnet cleaning

Post by Mo Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:08 am

Thanks for the video Pat. What machine are you using to low moisture clean? Next time you clean use cotton pads put the dirty pads in a 5 gallon bucket fill it up with water and let them sit for a couple of days take a pic and so we can see how dark the water is.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Filthy water extracted from carpet after bonnet cleaning Empty Re: Filthy water extracted from carpet after bonnet cleaning

Post by milspec6 Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:45 am

Did you extract and bonnet on the first job and then came back to hwe again or just bonnet cleaned the first time?

I might be off-base here, but I understood encapsulant cleaning as surface cleaning. That is, it will do a fantastic job of removing soil from the top of a fiber as it wicks up and shatters. There will still be a soil load down deeper in the fabric, which is why it works so well on commercial carpet since there really isn't much depth to the fibers and the reason why you still have to hwe about every third cleaning.

On a residential carpet, the appearencce will be good, but you could pull up some more soil with hwe since there is still soil below the encap-cleaned layer. This is why the two work so well together, hwe and then bonnet after or use an ecnap rinse (my favorite method) to keep soil from wicking up from the backing and spoilling the appearence.

Videos like this are very valuable in helping us be a study on this industry, to learn what works and why. Pat knows his craft and yet he still has a curious mind which is why he will continue to grow and prosper in this industry.

If I misunderstood encap cleaners....I am about to learn something as well when members chime in, just be nice, I am but a simple cleaner.Wink 
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:22 pm

milspec6 wrote:Did you extract and bonnet on the first job and then came back to hwe again or just bonnet cleaned the first time?

I might be off-base here, but I understood encapsulant cleaning as surface cleaning.  That is, it will do a fantastic job of removing soil from the top of a fiber as it wicks up and shatters.  There will still be a soil load down deeper in the fabric, which is why it works so well on commercial carpet since there really isn't much depth to the fibers and the reason why you still have to hwe about every third cleaning.

On a residential carpet, the appearencce will be good, but you could pull up some more soil with hwe since there is still soil below the encap-cleaned layer.  This is why the two work so well together, hwe and then bonnet after or use an ecnap rinse (my favorite method) to keep soil from wicking up from the backing and spoilling the appearence.

Videos like this are very valuable in helping us be a study on this industry, to learn what works and why.  Pat knows his craft and yet he still has a curious mind which is why he will continue to grow and prosper in this industry.  

If I misunderstood encap cleaners....I am about to learn something as well when members chime in, just be nice, I am but a simple cleaner.Wink 
He was showing that the water after a post hwe wasn't even dark.
Man you need to just delete all your previous knowledge of encap cleaners Shocked 
I will admit you made me Filthy water extracted from carpet after bonnet cleaning 1126
There are only a hand full of 175's that only could be considered surface cleaners... because they dont have enough head weight.
Op's and most swing machines clean the whole fiber. Using a light 175 would be like using a wand at 100psi and 01 flow, yes you are really only cleaning the surface of the fibers.
You can always pull out more dirt with either post hwe or post lm.

There is a HUGE difference in just encaping something (not using an absorbent pad and leaving the dirt behind ) and using cotton pads to extract the dirt. The best is using a combo just like Pat did in this situation.
First pad synthetic blend gets out all the stains and extracts some dirt.
Second pad 100% cotton does the same but extracts even more dirt.
Then when you do a post vac you are extracting even more dirt etc.

Bonnet Pro's cotton pads will seriously blow your mind with the results you can achieve.

I have cleaned anything and everything in Apt's and I and everyone who see's and smells them is blown away every time! Shocked 

The encap will surround some particles and dirt left behind but most ( just like hwe ) is already gone with the cleaning.
You are then also left with a Protective barier on the carpet fibers to help rid the chance of future stains.
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by milspec6 Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:51 pm

I knew that was coming and glad it did.

My understanding of encaps came from what I've read from Bill Yeadon and carpet mills like Shaw which described it as "surface cleaning" and that the soil is "driven down to the backing" which is why you should do hwe after 2-3 encaps. I don't have much history using these products except in places where I was worried about wicking or just couldn't pull a hose to.

Cleaners like Charlie have the real world skinny on the process and that allows the rest of us to get educated. I always say, if you aren't learning you aren't growing....which is the point of a board like this. I'm guessing that I wasn't the only one working off bad scoop, I'll have to expand my usage.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:26 am

Mo wrote:Thanks for the video Pat. What machine are you using to low moisture clean? Next time you clean use cotton pads put the dirty pads in a 5 gallon bucket fill it up with water and let them sit for a couple of days take a pic and so we can see how dark the water is.
I used a 17" Mercury swing machine.
Pat
Pat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnet Pro Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:18 pm

My understanding of encaps came from what I've read from Bill Yeadon and carpet mills like Shaw which described it as "surface cleaning"

Everything you clean is surface cleaning. A commercial carpet might only be 1/4 or so of an inch thick. It doesn't take a lot to reach inside that small of a space. Residential in many (not all cases) is not much longer. The problem is dealing with the dirt that has sifted to the bottom of the carpet accumulating on top of the backing from poor maintenance and vacuuming. This is why extraction from time to time has a problem with wicking. Bonnet cleaning with an encap can be very effective#1 providing the chemistry separates the soil from the fiber, #2the pad has the ability to absorb out the suspended soils #3 and the operator takes the time to change out dirty pads as needed. One pass will not cover most rugs. Additional passes with fresh pads are needed. Extraction is also a great tool for many situations and I have both a truck mount and portable. I just do more cleaning with bonnet and encap.
Bonnet Pro
Bonnet Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Thanks for posting BonnetPro. Encap has come a long way recently. I always enjoy the education from others who work with it.

My experience is many do it just enough to hate it because they don't have the experience to do it effectively.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnet Pro Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:08 am

Your very welcome.

This video may help a little. There is no sales pitch in it. I did the video just to share info.

http://bonnetpro.com/landing/how_to_encap.html
Bonnet Pro
Bonnet Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:09 pm

Me too Rob. Just last week I though Las Vegas was in California.  Shocked 

Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:38 pm

Hey I want to contribute to the dirty pad water thread too. This one is from yesterday
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:47 pm

Mo wrote:Hey I want to contribute to the dirty pad water thread too. This one is from yesterday

Nice, those stairs do look really good.

What tool did you use on those stairs, look a little narrow for an orbot and rather long for a cyclo?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnet Pro Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:06 am

Filthy water extracted from carpet after bonnet cleaning Washing-bonnets

This are pretty good shot.
These pictures came from a moderately soiled job of about 2000 square feet. As you can see, these 5 bonnets removed a lot of soil and what was left behind will be encapsulated with Surround's T2H polymers. Bonnet cleaning is a very effective, low moisture method that is decades old to safely and quickly care for your carpets.
Bonnet Pro
Bonnet Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down