Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Florida Storms

4 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Florida Storms Empty Florida Storms

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:50 am

I wonder how Kevin is doing in this mess?  Hope he is okay.

Although it might be too early to look for silver linings to this monster hurricane, but I can't help but see 2 really big ones.

1.  Construction and auto sales are going to go through the roof for about 2 years.  Lots of work and lots of money to be made in a area that has been very slow the last couple of years.  The economy will be roaring in 2018 and hopefully that will be a very good thing for cleaners like Kevin.

2.  People with a metal detector are going to get rich on those beaches.  With the hundreds of undiscovered ship wrecks in that area being heavily churned up from this monster storm, there is bound to be a lot of new debris and discoveries to hit shore.  That would fascinate me to no end and I am tempted to move down there myself just for that.

As miserable as things are right now in that region, as long as you got out before it hit land you are only going to lose stuff.  Homes have been built to withstand Cat 5 storms ever since Hurricane Andrew struck so most of the homes will structurally withstand it.  The flooding to follow might damage a lot of the property left behind, but in the end it is just stuff and will be replaced with more stuff in short time.

I hope all remain safe and bounce back quickly.  These major storms hit about every 12 years, so they will not likely see another season like this one for at least a decade.  A very prosperous and wonderful decade.

Best of luck to all of them....especially the cleaners, hold on gang.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Florida Storms Empty Re: Florida Storms

Post by Freemind1 Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:53 pm

I doubt the window cleaners will be bouncing back quickly. They might have to take a "job" doing cleanup and construction for a bit.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:08 pm

If I remember correctly Kevin is from southport north carolina, close to the south Carolina border. He should be ok. My wife and I are in Myrtle Beach South Carolina now on vacation, lot of wind so far. Calling for rain tomorrow and wind
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:32 pm

ACE Services wrote:If I remember correctly Kevin is from southport north carolina, close to the south Carolina border. He should be ok. My wife and I are in Myrtle Beach South Carolina now on vacation, lot of wind so far. Calling for rain tomorrow and wind

That's right, he was farther up North. His absence lately had me thinking he was in the Northern Florida area. I would imagine "rain and wind" will be the forecast for most of the week.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:34 pm

Freemind1 wrote:I doubt the window cleaners will be bouncing back quickly. They might have to take a "job" doing cleanup and construction for a bit.

When there is a flood recovery, part of the process is cleaning the carpet even if it was just replaced. Don't they do the same for windows? If not, maybe they should.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:43 pm

I had to do a double take when you said "economy will be roaring in 2018".
I sure hope you are right, restoration work is booming now in Texas, I was wondering if it's worth it for you to drive from Nebraska to Texas to take some pieces of those pies ?
I think there will be more restoration work in Texas than Florida because Irma is fast moving hurricane, unlike Harvey, plus like you said, Florida homes can withstand cat 5 storm.
I agree, windows cleaning should be included but can you imagine insurance company's adjusters balk at the request after paying out $ 100 k check to the restoration company Razz
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:36 pm

There is no doubting that prediction, Texas and the Gulf Coast will be one giant hot-bed of economy during the rebuild for at least 2-3 years. I worked the Katrina recovery for a little bit and it was a gold rush for rock quarries, truckers, and mold companies.

It might be worth it to relocate and work for a franchise company for the winter in either location. I have already made some calls to see who might be looking for staff.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:01 am

Bob, would you please let me know if you do ? I'd be interested to see that opportunity as well.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:08 am

I will post what I find out, I expect that there will be many opportunities.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down