Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Van lives and day looking good

3 posters

Go down

Van lives and day looking good Empty Van lives and day looking good

Post by milspec6 Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:48 am

Well today is starting out pretty good.

I was finally able to get my van back from the shop. The new motor was not cheap ($5538) but it sure runs smooth with excellent oil pressure. I haven't run the butler unit yet and will likely need to adjust the throttle cable and vacuum pods again, but I expected that. Heck, it might even get 16 mpg now Mad Laughing

I also have another company interested in my dehu units and filters....sounds like they want to close the deal today. I also have a church to clean Thursday that wants to buy my Steamin Demon unit as well. Feels like I am in the closeout sales business these days, but that van motor replacement needs to be paid somehow.

I also booked 2 more residential jobs in my area via the website. So, things have become very busy to close out this month and surprisingly from the website. That is a good sign.

Now I have to knock the rust out of my body from last night's cleaning for my interview in a couple of hours from now. Last night I flew through a theater lobby in 4.5 hours (7,500 sqft) but I am paying the price this morning for such effort...I think it was all the weighted brass stanchion moving that did it.

I hope all are having a good day as well.

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Van lives and day looking good Empty Re: Van lives and day looking good

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:59 pm

The Sun always comes out tomorrow.
Nice to hear the good news!
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:15 pm

Never mind...the day was a bust.

I drove the van around at all speeds for 15 minutes without issues. Fueled up and parked it to change clothes for the interview. Jumped in and 4 blocks later the van started to buck and dumped antifreeze all over the ground. I had to run home to change vehicles to make my appointment.

So, the van is back in the shop for who know's what. Personally, I think they failed to install the head gaskets correctly. Really don't know yet.

It was nice while it lasted....a great 15 minutes.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:54 pm

Well, like Matt said, the sun always comes out tomorrow, if I were you, I would have a serious discussion with the owner of the shop regarding this issue, let him know that $ 5538 is not a chump change for you and you are expecting the new motor will last a full life of it without any error in anyone’s part ( including yourself, for changing oil and doing regular maintenance ). Hopefully he will check and double check everything instead of just taking care of leaking coolant issue.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:05 pm

We had the talk...believe me. He is going to work on it first thing in the morning and I told him to drive to / from home himself for a couple of days to make sure all the bugs are worked out.

I am not going to use it on a job until I get a good track record of performance. He did a very nice install from what I saw and even took pictures of all the parts that he installed like the new motor mounts.

Being as the thermostat is relocated from the engine to the heat exchanger by butler, I am guessing that it might be the return lines from the HX that are leaking. There might have been some trapped air that purged out and caused a leak.

What concerns me was the sudden bucking. It acted like a mis-firing coil on a Ford, but this motor doesn't use those kind of coils. If it turns out to be a transmission issue I will jump off a bridge.

Oh well, it is supposed to upper '70's tomorrow and I only have one house to clean so I can recover a little from that Theater before attacking the Church on Thursday.

Also, the interview went well, but I was clearly not what they were expecting at all. The past employee quit after 18 months for better money elsewhere. They loved that guy and told me that he was young, very handsome, and charming...the parents loved the guy and they hope to locate someone like that. I am old and look like Frankenstein so probably not the right guy.

The only thing that gives me a chance is that they know nothing about security and neither did the handsome guy. They have some serious issues and I went over about 6 things that needed immediate correction including the fact that I got into the "secured" building by just walking around to the back of the building to find an unlocked door.

Who knows what happens....I can go either way on this. I would take it if offered, but wouldn't be disappointed if not as it is a 45 minute commute.

Hoping for better news tomorrow.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:46 am

“I am old and look like Frankenstein so probably not the right guy.”

Lol, sounds like discrimination to me, ha..ha...
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:15 am

I might have to look that one up under the ACLU listings Dp.

No response from the mechanic yet so it must not be a simple hose clamp issue. Not looking good and with the freezing temps on the way....timing sucks for this to happen.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:16 am

The sun will come out tomorrow ! And the day after tomorrow ! And 2 days from today ! And .......
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:20 pm

Last word is that the van is fixed. Claims there was a leak at the lower radiator hose and oil cooler, but couldn't duplicate the "bucking" problem and there were no codes.

I told him to drive it home tonight. If it doesn't have any issues when he comes back to work with it, I will pick it up. I can't have unreliability working at night an hour from home in the winter.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:33 pm

Xxxxx = fingers crossed
XXXXX = toes crossed
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:29 pm

Mine are as well since I will have to winterize the TNT before dinner tonight as the temps drop to low 20's. That means the baton will be passed back to the Van to finish out the jobs this month.

Too close to the finish this month to fail now.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down