Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Cleaning might actually be good for you

5 posters

Go down

Cleaning might actually be good for you Empty Cleaning might actually be good for you

Post by milspec6 Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:15 pm

I came down with a bad flu on Monday and decided to just stay home to recover for few days. The time off really wasn't helping much, so today I tackled a few trashed apartments for a new client. Although I felt terrible on the way there, I jumped right in and went to work. When all was done and I was on the way home, I realized that I wasn't feeling ill the entire time that I was cleaning...not one symptom the entire time. Of course, once I got home and unloaded I was back to looking for the nearest unmarked grave, but not while working.

The more that I thought about it, even when I was in/out of the Mayo Clinic a few years ago doing my best zombie impression, I still felt great while I was cleaning. Maybe the key to good health is to just never stop cleaning? Can't say that I ever felt that way working in other occupations, so maybe we will all live a very healthy and long life.

Where did I put that rum?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Cleaning might actually be good for you Empty Re: Cleaning might actually be good for you

Post by Mo Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:30 pm

Mil,

If you refer to the rules of conduct of this forum you will see that posting under the influence will not be tolerated. Odin has always been exempt from this rule Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Cleaning might actually be good for you Empty Re: Cleaning might actually be good for you

Post by Mo Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:54 pm

You dirty old man you.

Sorry Mil I think you might have to move your post
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:59 pm

What was the Mayo clinic about?

I worked while I had a terrible case of Lyme disease. I was drinking a bottle of Dayquil per day cause my Dr told me I had the flu.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:46 pm

I know it's good for me mentally, because if I'm slow and don't work 2-3+ days in a row I really start feeling down and worthless. I'm not so sure it's good for me physically tho lol, but I know it's a hell of a lot better now that I'm using a 'glided' wand!!  Laughing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:43 am

Strange posts from a strange feeling....never found the rum, haven't actually had a drink in over 30 years. It must have been the cold meds talking.

My relationship with the Mayo left a lot of doctors shrugging shoulders, they never could figure it out, just told me that it probably will not kill me (very comforting). Without getting into details, it cost me some internal organs and left me with a pretty big reliance upon oatmeal, but after 6 years, it is showing some signs of improvement...at least I recovered most of my weight.

Like Davey, I like to feel necessary. When you end up without a pulse for awhile, you tend to carry a different outlook on life when you get it back. I hate to just sit around...maybe that's why working made me feel that much better.

I'll lay off the cold pills for awhile, get some sleep, and be more logical in the morning...I hope.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by milspec6 Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:46 pm

I stopped taking them...made me loopy, but when you have a large nose, a cold can be murder.

As for the sauna...been using one since 1996 after a brutally cold night above the arctic circle. Best thing ever created. You can get one of those old egg-shaped fiberglass personal saunas for less than it costs to wash you car. I bought an old Walton unit from Gold's Gym for $8...still works like a charm.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:48 pm

Infrared saunas are one of my favorite things.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down