Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

I think I may have just cuaght a break

5 posters

Go down

I think I may have just cuaght a break Empty I think I may have just cuaght a break

Post by milspec6 Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:06 pm

We seem to have skipped Spring and went right to Summer here in Nebraska with temps in the upper 70's all week....and it feels wonderful, but the phone is still too quiet for this time of year. So, I went back to ground floor and re-visted the apartment complexes that I used to clean. At one time, I cleaned for 6 apartment complexes, which was all of them in that particular city. It was a good contract although the owners were often on the cheap side. Then one day a company came along and bought all of them and decided to use a referral service in another city to source contractors.

You may remember this story as I wrestled with the idea of staying with those buildings or walking away. In the end, I really didn't like the idea of having another company in my pocket so I walked away. Well, that was 3-4 years ago and I have seen a constant parade of differnt franchise cleaners coming from 40 minutes away to service these apartments. I also know that the results have been poor to criminal with 2 BR apartments being cleaned in 15 minutes and left wet for 2 days. So, I thought that I would check to see if they have had enough yet.

My meeting only lasted about 15 minutes, but they were very excited about being able to switch to someone more local instead of the revolving door of contractors that they had been using. It was also not surprising that they have been paying a rather high premium to get these cleaners to travel that far, so they have asked me to put together a proposal that she can present to Corporate to break away from their current practices. The best part of this equation is that I know the owner of that Corporation and grew up with him. He didn't help much years ago, but that was because he had already signed a contract with this referral service and was obligated to use them. I don't know if that is still the case today or not.

It will be mostly 2 bedroom apartments with some that are 3-4 bedrooms. No more than 2-story buildings, all with balconies, with average number of units being 55 per location. Turn-over is about 2-3 units per month per location as well. Over-all, not a bad situation as these are pretty nice buildings with high rents. From what I saw on the desk, they have been paying as much to clean an apartment as they would to clean a comparable sized home. I could easily beat that and add an extra 12 - 18 cleans per month to my schedule.

I haven't written up a good proposal in a few years so it is time to break out the typing skills and see what I can put together....it looks promising though.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

I think I may have just cuaght a break Empty Re: I think I may have just cuaght a break

Post by Freemind1 Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:18 pm

Sounds good, as long as they pay you on time. No one likes chasing money they are owed.

Hope it pans out.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

I think I may have just cuaght a break Empty Re: I think I may have just cuaght a break

Post by milspec6 Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:35 am

That is why I fired a several apartment complexes in a different town and a retirement home. This proposal is going to specify no more than 15 days for the terms. I prefer 10 days, but since it has to submit from the site manager to corporate before getting payment, I think the 15 is acceptable. Anything after that will include penalties.

This contract is getting spelled out in fine detail. I have planned it down to the dirt and will finish it up tomorrow before submitting. If they accept it, I will have a nice account less than 15 minutes drive away. If not, it will be busy as usual.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:49 pm

Way to hustle for work. I need tonget my was out there too.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:51 am

I just hope it works Mo, I am now finishing month 4 and it remains dead. I have never seen it like this at this time of year in the 12 years that I have been running this good for nothing business. It is like I don't exist anymore. I really don't see how I am going to recover this year....I just lost the 2 busiest months traditionally.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:23 pm

Mo wrote:I need tonget my was out there too.

I still can’t decipher this sentence Razz laughing
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:22 pm

You have squint and drink some vodka shots first Dp...it makes perfect sense after that. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:42 pm

milspec6 wrote:I just hope it works Mo, I am now finishing month 4 and it remains dead.  I have never seen it like this at this time of year in the 12 years that I have been running this good for nothing business.  It is like I don't exist anymore.  I really don't see how I am going to recover this year....I just lost the 2 busiest months traditionally.
Sometime I feel the same way. Hello, anyone out there. And these are regular, like clockwork kinda customers.
One of my main PM ACCTS changed hand last fall\winter. I did 2 small job soon after this new owners took over. Usually over the winter its: 1 maybe 2 jobs a month.
BUT it was: Jan=0, Feb=0, mar=0, April=4 with 3 TBD.
I was getting nervous the 1st Q. Did they fire me, was I replaced......
Nope, but I think they are skipping some really cleanish looking carpets and not cleaning them.
I just did one of their occupied unit. Guy says there went cleaned when he moved in at Christmas time. Hmmmmm?
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:07 pm

Glad to hear that I am not alone then Matt, I was starting to think that I was just haunting this house. I was the one predicting a big year for everyone with gains in the economy and so far I was way off. There doesn't appear to be any reason behind it which is what is drivng me nuts. Commercial budgets were set last October so it isn't like the they are worried about budget cuts and they will want to use up that budget prior to September or else face a reduction in their budgets. That is a lot of cleaning over the next 5 months...at least I hope so.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:38 am

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:
milspec6 wrote:I just hope it works Mo, I am now finishing month 4 and it remains dead.  I have never seen it like this at this time of year in the 12 years that I have been running this good for nothing business.  It is like I don't exist anymore.  I really don't see how I am going to recover this year....I just lost the 2 busiest months traditionally.
Sometime I feel the same way. Hello, anyone out there. And these are regular, like clockwork kinda customers.
One of my main PM ACCTS changed hand last fall\winter. I did 2 small job soon after this new owners took over. Usually over the winter its: 1 maybe 2 jobs a month.
BUT it was: Jan=0, Feb=0, mar=0, April=4 with 3 TBD.
I was getting nervous the 1st Q. Did they fire me, was I replaced......
Nope, but I think they are skipping some really cleanish looking carpets and not cleaning them.
I just did one of their occupied unit. Guy says there went cleaned when he moved in at Christmas time. Hmmmmm?

I’m pretty sure in most states legally you have to get the carpets cleaned before someone is moving in.
If only the tenant know and have something concrete that can prove that, the landlord would be in deep sh!t, usually that kind of thing don’t happen here in my area, I’m sure it happens in downtown LA or east LA where it’s really bad neighborhood, but not for upper scale rentals.
I always clean my carpet before I move in a place cause I don’t trust these damn carpet cleaners laughing
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:58 pm

It is a requirement that be cleaned prior to occupancy, but there is no inspection nor is there a dictated method. It is also required under city health codes for restaraunts to clean, yet they clearly do not around me. Some of those carpets don't look like they have been cleaned in years.

I actually called around today to see how the others were doing in this area.....of the 8, 4 have closed or relocated. That is either good news for me or a sign of very bad news...not sure which yet. Last man standing might be the goal.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue May 01, 2018 9:27 pm

dp1 wrote:
Mo wrote:I need tonget my was out there too.

I still can’t decipher this sentence Razz laughing

LOL

I need to get my ads out there.

I've been using my phone to post and my fingers are to big for the keyboard. That's my excuse and I'm stinking to it
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down