Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Taking a short break from the forum

+3
Mo
Devon07
milspec6
7 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Taking a short break from the forum Empty Taking a short break from the forum

Post by milspec6 Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:40 pm

Well, it has finally come down to this, I have to put my Father into a special needs nursing home. He was diagnosed with ALZ a few years ago and things have been a steady decline ever since. He has threatened to kill himself if we ever tried to put him in a home, but there doesn't seem to be any other alternatives.

I had been paying for a nurse to visit three times per week to help take some of the strain off of my Mother, but it appears that Dad has declined to the point that he isn't able to function at all and is not making it to the bathroom either. His recliner, bedroom floor, and even bed are all just destroyed. He even fell out of bed last night, cut himself, and left blood all over the floor.

It is a very tough day right now for everyone. I will be going over to clean the place up as best that I can to delay things and make life a little more bearable for my Mom, but I think we will have to commit him to a home come Monday. I know that he will fight it......both vocally and physically, but I don't see any options.

I might not be posting for awhile gang after this weekend.....between the flu, the storms coming, and my Dad, it is just all a little too much to balance. Rest assured, I haven't left for good, I will be back by mid-week and ready to continue the preparations for Spring.

Hope all is well you and we will talk soon.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Taking a short break from the forum Empty Re: Taking a short break from the forum

Post by Devon07 Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:45 pm

Sorry Rob! I wish you and your family well. Its part of life and you are doing the right thing. spend time with them and dont stress. God Bless brother!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Taking a short break from the forum Empty Re: Taking a short break from the forum

Post by Mo Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:31 pm

Sorry to hear that Rob. Its a tough situation man nut its probably the best move for everyone.Hang in there man.  

I just had a friend go through the same thing with his father. He took care of him at home and he was emotionally and physically worn out out.

I don't want to linger when I go. I want to go quick.

Take care of your family we'll be here when you get back. As far as im concerned this is your forum and it isnt the same with out you.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:49 pm

sorry to hear that man, hope everything turns out okay
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:43 pm

Rob 
Our prayers are with you. We are having a similar problem with my father in law right now also. Family comes first!
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:57 pm

Sorry to hear that Rob, take good care of him, I wish I can, mine is 9000 miles away Mad
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:11 pm

Thanks gang, sorry that I dropped that on you. I should not have brought that up and been such a downer. I guess I just needed to shut down for a little bit.

I cleaned up the house and we are researching for the right place to move him. He was actually installing a toilet seat when I came to the house. Lucky for them I arrived as water started pouring out of the bathroom.

He broke off all the mounting bolts on both the tank and the bowl and put them into his dresser drawers. Water was everywhere and when I asked him WTF, he told me that he found some problems with the wiring and that it was common on Mercedes of that era, but it was fixed now. Shocked

My Brother is staying over there tonight to keep an eye on things while my Mother recovers from the flu.

Strange what can happen to a mind. He was a mechanic for 45 years and helped design engines for Volkswagen back in the 70's and 80's. Now, replacing a toilet seat turned into a flood and complete confusion.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:13 pm

Don't worry about that Rob. Life ism ore that just carpet cleaning and running a business. I would like to think that we can talk about anything on this forum.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:50 pm

Are you sure Mo ? Razz We can talk about Trump ? Peace
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 pm

No problem Rob ! We're here to listen to you and if you need to just talk with someone direct, you have my number, feel free to call !
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:17 pm

Thanks.

Things always have a way of working out in life. I am staring down a blizzard that would likely trap me away from home working a double shift. At least it would have, except I have become ill with some kind of respiratory infection and will likely be staying home for a few more days.

I don't mind blizzards when you are sitting in a sauna listening to music. Cool
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:21 am

Sorry to hear it Rob. It was tough putting my mom in a nursing home too.

After trying to take care of her, it was just too much. I love my mom, just like you do your dad, and I know how hard it is.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:10 pm

Thanks man, it is tough right now, but we knew it would just be a matter of time. It is just so strange seeing him like this after being so independent all his life.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down