Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Ever Done a Job at a Hoarders House?

+7
Fuzzsucker
Freemind1
milspec6
Mo
Pat
carpetdaddy
Davey Cracker
11 posters

Go down

Ever Done a Job at a Hoarders House? Empty Ever Done a Job at a Hoarders House?

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:25 pm

This was job I did today, traffic areas only to say the least! lol! Lucky me, this is the second one I've had like this in the last 3 months. Mad 

Her bed is under there somewhere!!! affraid 

Ever Done a Job at a Hoarders House? Photo_35

And this is the kitchen........

Ever Done a Job at a Hoarders House? Photo_36
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Ever Done a Job at a Hoarders House? Empty Re: Ever Done a Job at a Hoarders House?

Post by carpetdaddy Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:25 am

Did you charge $10 sq/ft, since you can only clean about 20 sq/ft? Tell me you did not have to move anything... lol! 
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Ever Done a Job at a Hoarders House? Empty Re: Ever Done a Job at a Hoarders House?

Post by Pat Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:09 am

Ha, ha! @Joe. clown 

That would be interesting to know what you cleaned and what you made.

I haven't had one of these that I can remember.
Pat
Pat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:45 am

Crazy. It's weird that they would even bother cleaning their carpet.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:08 am

"Hoarders" are often germ freaks as well. I just can't imagine doing a job like that unless they had a team moving stuff before I arrived.

How did you even give an estimate? By square feet or by the shovel?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:34 am

I have not nor would I clean a hoarders house. Not until all the junk was gone, anyway.

I can't grasp HOW you would even clean. There is hardly ANY space to clean.

Hey Robert! What do you mean there are mostly germ freaks? Of the hoarder houses I have ever seen, they are FILTHY. It isn't just clutter, but moldy this and that too. If they are germ freaks how do they sit comfortable with all the filth around them?!

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzsucker Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:50 am

Ive done a few like that. Just clean around the piles of junk for 15 min and collect your check. Nothing else you can do. Other than telling them they are crazy and you are leaving.
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://thepremierclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:53 am

Freemind1 wrote:I have not nor would I clean a hoarders house. Not until all the junk was gone, anyway.

I can't grasp HOW you would even clean. There is hardly ANY space to clean.

Hey Robert! What do you mean there are mostly germ freaks? Of the hoarder houses I have ever seen, they are FILTHY. It isn't just clutter, but moldy this and that too. If they are germ freaks how do they sit comfortable with all the filth around them?!
The ones that I have seen never take the items out of the packaging or remove the tags. They obsess over having things like new which is why they keep buying multiples of the same things. These people have a mental condition and those with mental conditions rarely suffer from just one type of condition, so a hoarder can also have a germ phobia or any number of isses. I see your point, though, the conditions could easily degrade to a very unsanitary condition...and probably does.

It isn't a job that I would want to accept, just easier money out there.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:02 pm

Actually, cleaning the carpet for this lady isn't really that bad, I've been doing it once a year for many years because she keeps calling me back saying "the carpet always looks new when you're done".  I think that's a bit of a stretch on 10 year old Olefin, but if that's the way she sees it and she's happy that's all that really matters. Very Happy  I never move anything, she always has the floor clear in the rooms/areas she want's me to clean. It's a small 3 bd rm house with living and dining rm all carpeted, but two of the bd rms are so filled with stuff (like the one in the first pic I posted) I've never cleaned them. So the most I'm ever able to clean is very small walk ways around the bed in one bd rm. and the open areas in the L&D rms. And when I say open areas there's not much, maybe 50% of the 230 sf living rm and the 80 sf dining room is 75% stacked with stuff so I'm only cleaning a small walk way into kitchen, 25 sf maybe and a small hall. So yesterday I figure I cleaned 175 sf, and charged her $10 more than I did the last couple years because of my higher cost, which was $160 total, and she always pays cash. So I don't price this biased on sf or really anything except my min charge to go out and do a small job.  I don't mind doing it because she is a real nice lady, easy to deal with, and has a real need for the help/service I provide.  Really the biggest PITA is being careful not to cause an avalanche by bumping the piles with the wand or hose, it's really not that bad. laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:05 pm

germ freaks and "chem sensitive" usually from talking with them they also seem like hypochondriacs

so funny to see this post, had to go to a call back today at a hoarders house

2 long haired dogs and prob no vacuuming for over a yr, the call back was about dog hair on the stairs after the cleaning but its literally flying around her house

re cleaned the room and stairs today, by the time I was done there was already hair on the stairs again.

so hard to move around her house and do anything, just clutter everywhere
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:31 pm

Yes and I declined a bologna sandwich as a tip.
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:22 pm

makes you wish you could turn into incredible hulk and just destroy your way out of the house... I cant stand clutter lol
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:42 pm

I didn't know hoarders were germaphobics that really weird
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Yes I have, there are 2 types of hoarders, one is like Robert mentioned, germ freaks, the other type is the one who doesn't give a crap, the worst one I've done is similar to the one your picture, and the second type, so it's always nasty in there, that's why I always charge her 1.5 times my regular rate for 3 rooms but one of the room is literally 2 x 4 area cause there are so much junk in there, she called the yellow van once and got it done for a lot cheaper but she said that all the spots wick back up in a few days and she came running back to me :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:22 am

dp1 wrote:Yes I have, there are 2 types of hoarders, one is like Robert mentioned, germ freaks, the other type is the one who doesn't give a crap, the worst one I've done is similar to the one your picture, and the second type, so it's always nasty in there, that's why I always charge her 1.5 times my regular rate for 3 rooms but one of the room is literally 2 x 4 area cause there are so much junk in there, she called the yellow van once and got it done for a lot cheaper but she said that all the spots wick back up in a few days and she came running back to me :-)
That's when the price doubles to 3 "times my regular rate" right?

I usually punish lol customers who stray trying to save a buck by charging them more when I find out they cheated on me. lol! laughing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:24 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:
dp1 wrote:Yes I have, there are 2 types of hoarders, one is like Robert mentioned, germ freaks, the other type is the one who doesn't give a crap, the worst one I've done is similar to the one your picture, and the second type, so it's always nasty in there, that's why I always charge her 1.5 times my regular rate for 3 rooms but one of the room is literally 2 x 4 area cause there are so much junk in there, she called the yellow van once and got it done for a lot cheaper but she said that all the spots wick back up in a few days and she came running back to me :-)
That's when the price doubles to 3 "times my regular rate" right?

I usually punish lol customers who stray trying to save a buck by charging them more when I find out they cheated on me. lol! laughing 
LOL, you have issues Dave Razz
Well since I already charging her $ 240 for less than 200 sq ft of carpets ( I charge by room ), I can't punish her by charging more, especially her husband is disabled and once a week she has to take him down 75 steps for his doctor's appointment and back up 75 steps back to her home ( their home is on the hills area ).
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Danb Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:47 pm

I have done 2 of these this month. It is absolutely nuts how some people live but I try not to judge. After all, they pay my bills :-)

Dan
DKB Restoration
Danb
Danb

http://dkbrestoration.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down