Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Worst house ever

+4
Davey Cracker
Mo
dp1
milspec6
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Worst house ever Empty Worst house ever

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:16 pm

We have always proudly displayed our "worst" homes that we cleaned over the years, but they don't compare to this one.  

A little back-story is needed here.  A good friend of mine had a brother die in the hospital due to liver failure this past few days.  He wasn't very old, but lived a pretty hard life of self-induced destruction (alcohol mostly) which ended with him being over 500 lbs. and rushed to a hospital with jaundice.  It didn't take long before his body shut down and he died.

Being a cleaner and a friend, I offered to drive the 2 hours to clean up the house so that my friend and his Mother wouldn't have to see how it probably looked.  I've dealt with depressed alcoholics in the past and the houses are normally pretty bad.  This case was no exception......in fact, this case was the worst house that I have ever run across.  Sad part, is there is a girlfriend still living there.......

Worst house ever Kevin110
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Worst house ever Empty Re: Worst house ever

Post by dp1 Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:04 pm

Wow, is that a bed under all of those bottles and cans and boxes ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:58 pm

There was one under there.....those full whiskey bottles in foreground.....not whiskey. Well, there might still be some whiskey in it, but it had been processed.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:17 pm

That is so sad they guy just could not climb out of that hole
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:38 pm

It really was sad, guy was that way since high school some 25 years ago. He never found a way out and people let him drift like that. Sort of a modern day "Falstaff" in every way.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:42 pm

Dang, that is really bad/sad.

Is that room where he just threw all of the trash, or is that what you picked up and pilled up in the cleaning process?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:06 pm

He lived on the lower level and slept on the couch. This was just one of 3 rooms upstairs which were all like that. Basically, the entire upper floor was like that picture and he and his girl had to relocate to the first floor due to the filth.

Seeing things like that just shows how messed up people can be without it being obvious outside the home. He didn't let people visit, so nobody was aware things were this bad.

Makes you think when you drive through a neighborhood....are there any homes like this on your route? The answer is probably yes.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:22 pm

too bad..    its crazy that it took this long to legalize pot when alcohol is in reality so much worse.        

quitting a serious alcohol addiction is near the same as heroin.. but it can be worse due to how accessible it is
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:56 pm

I had a coach who called alcohol "liquid crack" and like you pointed out AC, it is everywhere and advertised so heavily that an addict can quickly lose his/her grip on reality.

The next craze will be alcoholic soda pops. They are expected to replace the micro brews of years past because they are cheaper to produce and have less FDA requirements. I'm sure that will destroy a few lives.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:23 am

That's right !! Not to mention those new e-cigarettes, who knows the long term effects on those chemicals, these people know how to work the system and the end users are not thinking clearly in what they put in their bodies.
Hell I felt so bad 2 days ago of having a burrito from taco truck after eating healthy the whole week ! That burrito was so damn good though Very Happy the remorse came later at the gym, had to do an extra 15 minutes of stair climbers just to burn those fats laughing
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:01 pm

Those e-cigs are the worst. Around here there are bars dedicated to "vaping" and there is even a local guy advertising that he repairs water pipes and hukas.

I find it all kind of scary how easy it is to get a society hooked on things like this. I still wonder if they shifted nicotine into Doritos or something since they own those companies as well.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:08 pm

Did this guy have any military background?
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:43 pm

[quote="Devon07"]Did this guy have any military background?[/quoteH]

No, his depression and addiction came from a car wreck early on and a Mother that empowered his addictive behavior. Even in the hospital when living was a 30/70 proposition, his Mother slipped a pack of chewing tobacco under his pillow.

What he needed was some stern parenting decades ago, but it never came and he never became mature enough to face reality himself. I only met him a couple of times and he acted like a 15 year who only talked about dream cars and his favorite bands. Getting his act together and holding down a job never seemed to be a priority.

What a waste of a life. At least he didn't kill someone driving drunk, it is about the only positive legacy he could claim.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:44 pm

Ahhh the enabler! classic. sad but very common
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:12 pm

LOL. Funny you two mention e-cigs. I am a vaper, and have been for two years now.

Fact: Combustible tobacco (aka cigarettes) contain over 3000 chemicals and compounds. They are proven to cause cancer.
Fact two: everything we consume in e-juice, is already in our food supply. Even nicotine.

If you get away from the propaganda of the CDC, FDA, the media, etc. you'll see these are actually 95%+ safer than smoking. There are no second hand junk in "second hand vapor".
Very little risk to the user as well.

If it weren't for vaping, I'd still be a 3 pack a day smoker.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:48 pm

I appreciate you pointing that out Freemind, but my concern isn't how it compares to tobacco cigarettes, but how many more people are taking part in it.

You would have to admit that although it is 95% better than the cigarettes, it is not better than nothing at all. The advertising is drawing a lot of kids to the habit of using e-cigs that would otherwise not be using at all.

That is how they got generations addicted to tobacco in the first place and are still doing it for alcohol with things like alco-pops which directly targets the youngest of customers.

I think it is a great alternative for someone who already smokes. I can really see the benefit there, but that isn't how it is advertised any longer. A bar that holds a "vap night" isn't trying to entice people who use vaporizers as a means to quit smoking, they are selling a whole new lifestyle to younger kids to get them into the bar....and serve alco-pops probably.

I know.....I'm old and sound like it here. I guess that happens to all of us eventually.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:47 pm

LOL James, sorry if we offended you Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:04 pm

What I wouldn't like is having one of vapor cigs blow up in my face or worse in my pants close to the big cigar Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:12 am

Mo wrote:What I wouldn't like is having one of vapor cigs blow up in my face or worse in my pants close to the big cigar Very Happy

It might actually light that cigar for the first time in 20 years!! laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:31 am

I smoked cig's from age 11 to age 53, tried the patch, that gum and other stuff to no avail--the only thing that got me off the real cigs was the e-cig, it's been 3 years now and still haven't had a cig, still using e-cigs--I feel much better, no more shortness of breath, food taste better i don't stink from tobacco to name a few--I know there may be some risks involved but can't believe there as bad as the real ones--problem is there are so many conflicting stories, who the hell do you believe
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:49 am

Davey Cracker wrote:
Mo wrote:What I wouldn't like is having one of vapor cigs blow up in my face or worse in my pants close to the big cigar Very Happy

It might actually light that cigar for the first time in 20 years!! laughing

Barump pump
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:51 am

kevinj6121 wrote:I smoked cig's from age 11 to age 53, tried the patch, that gum and other stuff to no avail--the only thing that got me off the real cigs was the e-cig, it's been 3 years now and still haven't had a cig, still using e-cigs--I feel much better, no more shortness of breath, food taste better i don't stink from tobacco to name a few--I know there may be some risks involved but can't believe there as bad as the real ones--problem is there are so many conflicting stories, who the hell do you believe

Good for you Kevin
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:37 am

milspec6 wrote:I appreciate you pointing that out Freemind, but my concern isn't how it compares to tobacco cigarettes, but how many more people are taking part in it.

You would have to admit that although it is 95% better than the cigarettes, it is not better than nothing at all.  The advertising is drawing a lot of kids to the habit of using e-cigs that would otherwise not be using at all.

That is how they got generations addicted to tobacco in the first place and are still doing it for alcohol with things like alco-pops which directly targets the youngest of customers.

I think it is a great alternative for someone who already smokes.  I can really see the benefit there, but that isn't how it is advertised any longer.  A bar that holds a "vap night" isn't trying to entice people who use vaporizers as a means to quit smoking, they are selling a whole new lifestyle to younger kids to get them into the bar....and serve alco-pops probably.

I know.....I'm old and sound like it here.  I guess that happens to all of us eventually.

How many people are using redbull, monsters, eating unhealthy foods like greasy burgers, eating piles of junk food?

In comparison to "unhealthy" habits, vaping doesn't even score the list. Media is hyping it, government is hyping it (so they can tax it).

That younger people sometimes do it, so what? I don't encourage kids (especially those under 18) to do it. But kids are kids and do all sorts of things they aren't supposed to (like drugs, drinking, smoking, to name a few). Which would you prefer they do, my friend?

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:38 am

dp1 wrote:LOL James, sorry if we offended you Very Happy

You guys didn't. Very Happy

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:40 am

The blowing up issue is a issue with people not knowing battery safety. "clouds bro" people that are too lazy and too unintelligent to learn/respect battery safety. Most vape gear is actually very safe. It's the "mechanical" gear that has no safeties and one must learn ohms law and battery safety to use them.

Not doing so leads to them venting/blowing up.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next