Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Business communications while on Vacation

+4
ODIN
Ryan S
ej54
dp1
8 posters

Go down

Business communications while on Vacation Empty Business communications while on Vacation

Post by dp1 Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:16 pm

What do you guys do with the phone while on vacation ? Forward the phone calls to your cell or set up voice mail and let your custy know that you're on your vacation or .... ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Business communications while on Vacation Empty Re: Business communications while on Vacation

Post by ej54 Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:30 am

usually leave a message on my mobile (cell) that l am on holidays and that l will try and get back to them in 24 hours.
l find when you work for yourself and don't answer the phone while you are away you wont have any work for when you get back from holidays.
ej54
ej54
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.revolutioncleaning.net.au/

Back to top Go down

Business communications while on Vacation Empty Re: Business communications while on Vacation

Post by dp1 Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:13 am

ej54 wrote:usually leave a message on my mobile (cell) that l am on holidays and that l will try and get back to them in 24 hours.
l find when you work for yourself and don't answer the phone while you are away you wont  have any work for when you get back from holidays.
That's right, and that's the reason my wife is always pissed off when I bring my cell phone while on vacation, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:04 am

Answer the phone. Kinda come with the territory. Until you can develope a system to support scheduling and client response then it's up to you. We don't have that now or can our company support that at this point so we do our job. That's running the business.

Like said above, you can clear out certain time slots to free yourself from the phone but you also have to make time to handle the response to missed calls

Merry Christmas
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by carpetdaddy Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:19 pm

All calls go to a cell. If my receptionist is off (she works Monday - Thursday 9-5), I answer calls nights, holidays, and weekends. Even brought it on my honeymoon six and a half years ago. Cool  .
My wife is pretty understanding...
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TimM Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:20 pm

I am an owner operator so I answer the phone. When I go on vacation I have my phone with me. I do tell my regular ones who keep me busy that I will be out of town on certain dates. I will change my voice mail to say I am on vacation and to leave a message and I will get back to them. If it is an emergency I do have a competitor (Doug Payne) who will take on the work for me.
TimM
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://magaw.org/PriceIsRightCarpetCleaning/

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:29 pm

I am guilty of taking the cell with me. I don't normally answer it right away, but I set aside a few blocks of time to check for calls (Lunch and after dinner normally).

As for taking it on a honeymoon...you are one brave man.Rolling Eyes 

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:37 pm

When it comes to needing help when out of town, I'm fortunate to have a good long time friend also in this business that helps me out covering the phone calls and jobs if needed and vice-versa. Very Happy 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:When it comes to needing help when out of town, I'm fortunate to have a good long time friend also in this business that helps me out covering the phone calls and jobs if needed and vice-versa. Very Happy 
Did you leave your phone with him or forward the calls to his phone ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:40 pm

ODIN wrote:Just leave a nice message on your voice mail

Aloha this is dippy zippy cleaning I am hanging 10 on the north shore right now please leave a message I will get back to you latter today once I get all this sand out of my crack and water out of my ears.

mahalo nui loa

Dippy zippy

http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/haleiwa-oahu_10834/
LOL, how the hell do you know I'm planning to go to Hawaii next year ? Man you're good ! Razz
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down