Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Why join a BNI GrOuP

+4
REALCLEAN
Freemind1
Ryan S
ODIN
8 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Why join a BNI GrOuP Empty Re: Why join a BNI GrOuP

Post by Ryan S Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:42 pm

And it didn't cost ya a thing or an hour of your time huh. Some people aren't very outgoing though and need groups like bni to pull the envelope.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:08 pm

I think your idea is SMART and quite useful.

My issue with BNI goups......

1 Expense. Fees are involved so you can make a presentation every so often and you are asked to only recommend those in the group for services.
2 There is no real guarantee those in the group are REALLY the ones you would recommend.
3 Did I mention you are PAYING to make a presentation to people who are supposed to be recommending you anyway?

Network YOURSELF and save not only money, but maybe even embarrassment.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:29 pm

I've been doing that for years and didn't realize it. I always tell my customers that I try hard to find people that do a great job for a fair price and are honest and trustworthy. I've got a plumber, an A/C tech, an electrician, a carpenter, an auto mechanic, and a tile layer that I can recommend. It's taken about 10 years to accumulate that group.

I average about 20 jobs a year off of referrals from those guys. Of course, I also get referrals from those referrals, so it works well.

Service industry is full of crooks, its wise to network imo.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Yea

I can tell you a lot of reasons, why to join......but you prob don't really want to know, and I'll just be the 'negative A-hole'. LOL

And I think can think of a lot of reasons why your "good ol boys network" will have marginal success at best.  wink 

But if you were ever part of an organized Marketing Group you would know all this.

Let's start with the number of leads the "good ol boys network" group is referring per month, or the number you're getting?

Ryan hit the nail on the head, good luck getting the average person to pull their own weight, even though they talk a mean game!  laughing 
That's one thing an organized group does, is it get's members to commit to being active by meeting weekly, and having an investment in the group, and that doesn't even always work, 50/50 maybe?.........again you know this already, if you've been in a group before.  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:34 pm

Yup it's a biz, and the reason it works.

And That's right, and the reason I quit the group.........got tired of $100-200 jobs, that were just basically paying expenses.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:51 am

You two hit the biggest negative of the BNI for carpet cleaners. Low return if your marketing to your group for leads in residential. I would always market to the group for commercial leads only. That would give a better return IF your group could produce for you.

I still believe BNI is best for those who really don't feel competitive in the cold call sells arena. BNI would do that for those type of people.

Personally I like the pressure of knowing I have to produce more business and hit the streets running. You never know what you will learn about yourself. This type of sells also give you a big boost of confidence when you do close a sell.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TimM Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:34 am

Terry, I have been doing that for years also. As I meet people I get to know these contractors and I have a group of people who I can refer out. I have gotten a lot of jobs from them and I have sent them a lot of jobs. And it doesn't cost me a dime and I do not have to go to meetings.
TimM
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://magaw.org/PriceIsRightCarpetCleaning/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:48 am

I was in BNI and I couldn't last a year in it (7 & a half months). The group was lame, I got a lot of bad leads from members who were just trying to win a referral prize for most referrals given.

I love it when people say its your fault for not getting referrals or your presentation needs work. They don't even think that the whole group might just be a worthless pile of shitt like the one I was involved with.

All of the people were new in their business. A few people in the group used my service but it wasn't worth investing my time with them any longer.

Shortly after I left, the group dissolved. I know a cleaner who belongs to a group that is great and gets weekly work from it.

I visited about 15 different bni groups and they all had the same "feel" of new business owners desperately trying to get work.

I learned that every group has a Realtor, investment broker, insurance agent,  and a gift basket lady that is just starting.

I suppose it may work well if you have a nice group that is committed. From what I experienced, I would rather be investing my time in sleep.
Pat
Pat

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:08 am

Davey Cracker wrote:Yup it's a biz, and the reason it works.

And That's right, and the reason I quit the group.........got tired of $100-200 jobs, that were just basically paying expenses.

From your own admission, I think you have a very good reason why NOT to join. If BNI were great in your eyes, you'd still be there. Right?

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. It should be moreso judges by the ROI.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:25 pm

Well put! 
When I was first starting out I was part of a start up called "young entrepreneur under 30" We paid for advertising in the paper and hosted events etc etc.. needless to say it didn't take us long to figure out that we were all in need of those in established, thriving, businesses. We wasted a lot of money and time on this.. at least I learned and refuse to join any group now!
I now have guys/girls that all use each other and we are all pretty tight, I get more jobs from these people than any other venture I have tried yet. We all do sales for each other and it works better than presenting your own company at times.
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down