Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Rough day, lessons learned

+2
Mo
milspec6
6 posters

Go down

Rough day, lessons learned Empty Rough day, lessons learned

Post by milspec6 Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:59 pm

Today was a rough one.  It started with freezing rain and then snow while the temperature raced for the bottom, but it was going to be the warmest day forecasted for the week.  As a result, I tried to move late week jobs up to today....might not have been the best choice.

It didn't start until 2 pm as the van needed to have some fuel issues resolved first by my local mechanic.  He gives me a thumbs up (oxygen sensor...no big deal) and the day gets started.  I had to get 2 houses, 1 store front, and 4 apartments done in 2 cities about 30 minutes apart.  The problem was that it didn't work out so well.

First, the van wasn't fixed and struggled all day.  I kept getting check engine lights and the van would blot out the sun at times as the excessive fuel left the tailpipe.  At on point, I was pulled over by the sheriff to ensure that I wasn't on fire.  Thankfully, it didn't last more than a few minutes and only sporadically, but it was embarassing.

Second, it was too cold to do my normal equipment checks, so I just loaded up and charged the hill.  The very first job was a home belonging to one of the most difficult customers that you could get.  She had the place cleaned 3 times already this month and claimed that they were never "clean enough" for her satisfaction.  I whipped out the Hoss and set to it with a hydroforce sprayer filled with S/O + S/O/E which has become my favorite way to go since it works well and carries no odor.

As the customer watched, I went work the Hoss, but I didn't get any water flow.  Not wanting to look foolish, I just went at cleaning the room without any water flow...just a strong agitation.  She liked the swirls and commented that it looked better already.  I couldn't find any solution to the lack of water, so I wanded the room with my PCQ.  The results were very good...to both of our surprise.

I ended up cleaning all day with that combo as the issue with the Hoss was in the trigger valve and I didn't have a spare.  That would be lesson learned number 2 for the day...carry spares for everything.  It was also lesson number 3, use an encap for your prespray as the agitation will do wonders with it.

Everything was covered in ice and I fell 3 times as well as slid into the ditch at one point.  No damage either time, but I had some prespray dump and my back will be sore tomorrow.  Lesson number 4, wear traction devices when walking on ice while carrying objects.  A bad fall like that could shelve you for weeks.

I finally finished the day cleaning in the dark which was not the way to end the day.  It was 10 degrees and all ice, but the jobs got done and that is what matters.  Now I have to get up at 4 am tomorrow to start the day job for another 13 hour shift.  Just not enough time in the day......

I can't say it enough.  Using a S/O + S/O/E under good agitation will make any one a cleaning hero.  It really is a great combination.  Add some peroxide if needed or S/O/O and you are covering all your bases.

Rough day, lessons learned Img_2017

Rough day, lessons learned Img_2018
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Rough day, lessons learned Empty Re: Rough day, lessons learned

Post by Mo Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:23 pm

That was one hell of a day Rob. I'm surprised nobody cancelled on you. Get some rest and good luck tomorrow.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Cjcann Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:19 am

I feel your pain, can't wait until spring. It's depressing to have to work in those kind of conditions. Kudos to you for even trying!
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TimM Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:52 am

I can feel you pain. I had to break out the shorts because it has been in the 60's. cheers  cheers  But what are you gonna do. Have to get the job done.
TimM
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://magaw.org/PriceIsRightCarpetCleaning/

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:24 am

TimM wrote:I can feel you pain. I had to break out the shorts because it has been in the 60's. cheers  cheers  But what are you gonna do. Have to get the job done.

laughing 
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:21 pm

That's brutal! My question is how did you do on keeping a smile on with your customers.

I'm guilty of not having spare parts too. Speaking of that I really need to call and make an order with Joe.

BTW there is another innovative combo with the Soils and Oils Product Line.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down