Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Can you dual wand with a #45 blower?

+8
Matt; My carpet cleaner
ACpower1
TimM
Fuzzsucker
Davey Cracker
gtech12v
dp1
Larry Henson
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can you dual wand with a #45 blower? Empty Can you dual wand with a #45 blower?

Post by Larry Henson Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:45 pm

Bob Savage said he does and runs a single belt to the blower and has been doing so for a long time. I have watched his videos and they are very impressive. While one guy is cleaning he will lay the other wand down and no noticeable difference in the vacuum. The secret is in his plumbing.
Just thought it was interesting and proves you don't need a #59 blower to achieve this. No I don't have a link but look him up on TMF or Google him and judge for your self. He invites anyone to come and see it in person.
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.absolutelykleener.com

Back to top Go down

Can you dual wand with a #45 blower? Empty Re: Can you dual wand with a #45 blower?

Post by dp1 Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:00 pm

I've done it with my prochem performer a long time ago but not both carpets though, one clean carpets, one clean upholstery, I told my tech to put the wand on the carpets at all time though and I do the same, I put my upholstery cleaning wand on the fabrics most of the time to avoid cfm drops, if he says the difference in cfm is not noticable, he's lying, even with my #6 blower I feel the difference when I dual wand and one of the wand is not on the carpets.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Can you dual wand with a #45 blower? Empty Re: Can you dual wand with a #45 blower?

Post by gtech12v Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:26 pm

I just finish looking at the video of dual cleaning with a 45 pd blower no impressive but if it works for him is ok
May be someone will dual wand with a portable next

gtech12v
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:04 am

Larry Henson wrote:.............. While one guy is cleaning he will lay the other wand down and no noticeable difference in the vacuum. The secret is in his plumbing................

"Secret Plumbing" Haha

I'm calling total Bull $hit on that!!!  laughing 

He's so full of it, no way unless the vac is blocked off, would there not be a difference is suction/vac. laughing dancing

I'm not saying you can't dual wand with a 45, just saying I think it's a load of crap.  laughing 
Heck I could dual wand with my 36, but that doesn't mean it would be good. lol
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzsucker Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:12 pm

Its called path of least resistance. Of course you will lose vac.
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://thepremierclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TimM Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:59 pm

I have tried dual wanding with my Boxxer 427 that has a 4007 blower in it and the very few times I tried it there WAS a noticeable difference in CFM drop when one wand was off the carpet.
TimM
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://magaw.org/PriceIsRightCarpetCleaning/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzsucker Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:45 pm

Maybe with 1.5 tube 11 inch wands with holed glides you could get away with it. But u would still wanna keep them on the floor.
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:09 pm

just buy a Rotovac cfx!

then your dualwanding all day you still have high heat and whatever pressure from TM

the cfx can handle upholstery no problem especially with a sapphire type tool

so easy and cheaper, plus 1 hose your running is only 1.5in so its super easy to deal with

our little cfx has some decent vac power, 2 motors in a tiny little thing with 50ft of hose... and its light, easy to carry inside, auto pump out
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzsucker Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:31 pm

Nothing like a good random sales pitch
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:27 pm

Davey said" I'm not saying you can't dual wand with a 45, just saying I think it's a load of crap."
*Ya, I think you are saying you can't.
W/ a #45? 1.5" hose- Max 100' each. Maybe, barely.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Fuzzsucker Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:51 am

They cant be making that much money. Most of them went out of business. Haha
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:31 pm

Not to be closed minded about this but I think he might be running 2 separate waste tanks with a Y coming off of his blower.
His video's seem to support the idea...I never done it, but... can it be done? He invites anyone to come and see it....so he isn't hiding anything. If anyone lives close to where he is, stop by and report back.
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:34 pm

He may just be using an over sixe water box with APO like he runs his ETM.

Bob Savage

"My definition of a capable dually is one that can run 2 wands vacuum without the other tech noticing there is another wand attached to the machine while cleaning, that neither tech notices a drop in pressure when the other wand is keyed, and each wand still has blistering heat when running duals (for those real nasty ones).

You do not need 2 separate blowers, as some earlier TM's had. If you have 2 separate blowers, they can be combined to give you great vacuum with a single wand, but when you run duals with them, your CFM is cut in half. That is NOT acceptable.

The truckmount that I modified for dual wands has a #4 blower. It was made by Cleaning Technologies out of Ga., so any TM with a #4 blower, or greater, can be modified, or can be originally built for dual wands, if you do the following.

The first thing that I did was route the gasoline engine exhaust through the van floor, and under the van to exhaust out by the rear wheel.

Next, I did away with the small blower silencer (which only had a 1.5" opening), and put on an over-sized Stoddard silencer (4" intake and 4" exhaust), and routed it out the back of the van, with only two -45º cast iron elbows in the discharge piping. Then I replaced the pulley on the blower (to a 7"), and the blower drive pulley on the motor (to an 8"). I ran two separate 2" hoses from the blower intake (intake is 2.5"), into the waste tank, each with it's own filter, and ran two 2" hoses to the machine panel and added an inline filter to each vacuum line. If you have two vac lines out, you also need two 2" vac lines into the tank from the blower.

I changed the pulley on the motor driving the Cat pump so it would also be slightly over-driven just like the blower, so now I am able to run at a reduced RPM (3000), and still turn the blower and pump at the right RPM, reducing fuel consumption and improving engine life.

I changed every high pressure line on the TM internals to 3/8" ID, terminating into a 3/8" dual manifold on the TM panel for 2 wands.

For constant heat regardless of soiling condition, I added one of our patented LP heaters (220,000 BTU's), with an auto pilot system. You never need to light a pilot light, just turn the heater ON and clean.

Finally, I added an APO that allows us to clean all day for weeks without any attention to the APO filter, giving us a very high production rate anbd making this TM one of the most efficient cleaning machines I have ever seen."
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:40 pm

Just saying he will show anybody if they are willing. Do we have anyone in the area to take a look and concur or refute his statements. I for one can understand his statements until proven otherwise. To me it seems plausible(think outside of the box) and his videos seem to back it. On top of this he says that he runs a single belt and Cobb told him it wasn't possible....he replied that he had been doing it for a number of years.
Can we find someone in the area to look at it and give an unbiased opinion?
Would love to see more before I would scream B.S.
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jan Sullins Sun May 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Tried doing dual wand with 3 truckmounts with #4M/45 blowers. For carpet cleaning it didn't work to well . No only was the vacuum lacking but the heat. Incindently these were all heatexchanger truckmounts. Only once did it really work well for us and that was not cleaning carpet but rather just extracting water out of a warehouse with a cement floor. It was huge and took my wife and I with our White magic Pro 1500 about 4 hours to get it done.
A 47/4L truckmount is really the minimum for dual wanding. The best one was a CDS with a 47 Roots blower. Provided both more vacuum and more hot water.

Jan Sullins

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun May 25, 2014 8:17 pm

Jan, the answer is you certainly can, however is it going to be a job well done ? Most likely not, I'm a prochem guy, so I'm a little bias with my opinion, I've done dual wand with my old performer many years ago, but it was one carpet and one upholstery, I told my tech to keep the carpet wand on the carpets at ALL times and I was cleaning upholstery, it was ok, the heat is not a problem at all, just the vacuum is lacking a bit, especially at that time the performer was the smallest blower I had, so I was spoiled with tremendous vacuum from my thermalwave II which I also no longer own, the thermalwave was excellent for dual wanding in vacuum, not so much in the heat aspect, but that's a 59 blower if I'm not mistaken.
I guess it comes down to your machine, every machine is different, plumbed differently, but if you absolutely have to dual wand, you want to make sure the wands are on the carpets / upholstery at ALL times to reduce the vacuum lacks, this is valid with any blower.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun May 25, 2014 8:20 pm

Where is this Bob Savage at??

I'd love to check it out myself if close enuf?............but I have a feeling he isn't on the west coast??

I'm callin' BS now until proven with other than internet statements.  laughing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun May 25, 2014 8:47 pm

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDQQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DAqYrHRgTCpg&ei=i7iCU4LGBtaMqAbc9YCgBA&usg=AFQjCNEf9z75vstT3fqTYpNQKUpPfiXmAw&sig2=BSoDtajqPcd0JFfXkRSlUg
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon May 26, 2014 5:34 pm

I just run 2 pressure lines from machine, #4 LG keeps heat up no problem. Second wand it just running on 50ft from the CFX,

50ft + CFX and good hot steam leaves carpet dry plenty fast plus this wand is just doing to cleaner upstairs areas so you dont need to saturate as much and flow on the wand is much lower.

Or we encap the upstairs and steam the downstairs... even though im not the biggest encap fan.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon May 26, 2014 8:17 pm

Glad to see we still have active cleaning related threads here, even if out numbered by Political BS, and targeted crap starting threads.  cheers 

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzsucker Mon May 26, 2014 8:44 pm

milspec6 wrote:https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDQQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DAqYrHRgTCpg&ei=i7iCU4LGBtaMqAbc9YCgBA&usg=AFQjCNEf9z75vstT3fqTYpNQKUpPfiXmAw&sig2=BSoDtajqPcd0JFfXkRSlUg

Somebody needs a HUGGER on that 90 degree turn on those stairs Exclamation 
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon May 26, 2014 10:28 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:Glad to see we still have active cleaning related threads here, even if out numbered by Political BS, and targeted crap starting threads.  cheers 

Ain't that the truth ;-)
Btw I seriously thought Jan started a new thread, I feel pretty dumb repeating myself in this thread  Mad 
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue May 27, 2014 6:51 am

DP how come you don't dual wand with your machine? Isn't a dual wand machine?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue May 27, 2014 7:42 am

Mo, yes my machine is a dual wand machine, the reason why I don't do dual wand a lot is because of the hassle of hoses piling up and tangling up, the job has to be big enough and saves us time to dual wand, for example if the house is 2000 sq ft, one line to wand and one line to pre spray can knock that out in about an hour - 75 mins, by the time my tech is halfway done, I'll be done pre spraying and spotting and I have to roll one set of pressure hoses up and prepare the invoice and pull the hoses out for him, if I get a lot of calls, I can be a little behind in that timing too, so all in all, one wand is efficient enough in my situation.
Everyone's situation is different, Mark Saiger is in a smaller area I assume ? Where the homes are bigger in sizes and bigger homes often means more $$ in the bank that they can afford to spend the extra $ 300 to clean that sectionals or kitchen floor, in LA, rent or mortgage is so high that people are more careful with what they're spending.
If I'm at the customer's home and they changed their mind about doing the upholstery at the same time, I pull the second set of hoses and dual wand, I almost never make a separate trip to complete the job.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next