Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Weird Angels

+3
dp1
Davey Cracker
milspec6
7 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Weird Angels Empty Weird Angels

Post by milspec6 Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:26 pm

I got my van back today (hate to say what it cost) and was anxious to get back to work. The day was perfect with no wind and 65 degrees with plenty of sunshine. I met with the property manager who issued me a set of master keys for each complex and off I went to get busy while there was still some daylight left (6 pm).

When I get there, the parking lot was full and there was no room to park. I called the property manager who tells me to just drive across the grass to get around to the entrance. This complex is a very old building and has renters that tend to leave in the middle of the night..if you get my point.

I go to leave the parking lot and roll across the lawn, but I only made it about a van length before momentum stopped....I was stuck. When I got out and looked, all four tires had sunk into the water-logged ground by about 8 inches. Turned out that a water line had broken below ground and I got to find out just how bad it had been leaking.

I did some dumpster diving to find some cardboard to shove under the tires, but that did nothing. As the sun started to set, a renter came outside to smoke. Nice guy, but was clearly the product of many years of drug use as his faculties were a little slow and he smelled of marijuana. He came over to my van and offerred to help push, but that didn't help at all. I was thinking out loud and wishing I had some scrap wood that would be thin enough to wedge under the tire's...this guy runs into his apartment and comes out with a few scrap sheets of plywood. I tried it but just couldn't get the tire to ride up onto the boards.

I tell renter dude that I really needed a shovel. Just like that, he runs back into his apartment and comes out with a spade and an old iron hoe. I take the tools and dig out the mud behind the tires all around for about 3 feet. My shoes were caked in mud at this point as even walking in the muck caused me to sink. Once the mud was dug out, we put the plywood behind the wheels and tried again.....no dice, still stuck. The tires couldn't get enough traction to climb the wood's edge and just burned rubber instead.

By now, I am about out of ideas and ready to call a wrecker when renter dude says that I should try going forward again into the muddy yard, but I tell him that what I really needed was a piece of chain-link fence to set behind the tires. Just like that, renter dude goes back into his apartment and returns with a 3x3 piece of chicken wire fencing (I am starting to think that this guy has a very interesting apartment). It worked, the van made it back out of the tar pits coverd in thick mud.

I was going to offer to clean the dudes apartment, but I was scared to see what else was in there. Seriously, who has a spade, scrap wood, antique hoe, and chicken wire in their apartment? Monte Hall would have loved this guy!! I slipped him a twenty instead and thanked him.

I have come to realize that I have some very strange guardian angels...... Rolling Eyes 
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Weird Angels Empty Re: Weird Angels

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:40 pm

WOw that's a hell of a story, and a scary sounding dude!!  laughing 

Reminds me when I was younger, and dumb.  laughing 
I went down to Baja, Mexico to met up/party and go water ski with some friends. And I made a bad choice by turning off a dirt road to make a U-turn in the middle of the Mexican Desert in a Lowered Truck NO LESS! Man, talk bout' a bad decision LOL, we were stuck there for hours digging but with my friends help we finally got out.........total muddy nightmare.  :albino: 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:59 pm

I think I could have asked for a human skull and that dude would have brought one out! Shocked 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:47 am

LOL, Rob, I think you're the only one here that has the most bizarre things happened in your life, if you're an elementary teachers, I bet your students will listen to your life stories with their mouth open :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ryan S Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:03 pm

It's Love Bro. Just think if the whole world operated out of Love! Awesome story Rob, my streets bad blood pressure would have been through the roof. Yet you seem to just take it as it come. BTW, all my vans have a tow strap in the driver side door. I get stuck a lot. Or at least I prone it.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:41 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:WOw that's a hell of a story, and a scary sounding dude!!  laughing 

Reminds me when I was younger, and dumb.  laughing 
I went down to Baja, Mexico to met up/party and go water ski with some friends. And I made a bad choice by turning off a dirt road to make a U-turn in the middle of the Mexican Desert in a Lowered Truck NO LESS!  Man, talk bout' a bad decision LOL, we were stuck there for hours digging but with my friends help we finally got out.........total muddy nightmare.  :albino: 

your first bad decision was LOWering your truck, lol jk
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:18 pm

I've made a lot of bad decisions in my life (and some good ones too), that truck wasn't one of them..........It's a mater of taste and opinion, and everyone has one.  wink  laughing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:07 pm

I wonder if the guy builds chicken fighting rings Very Happy  Nice guy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:43 pm

Gawd only knows what else is in that apartment, but he sure saved my night.

Maybe I'll go back there and take a picture of the ruts that I left, rental dude might have access to an bobcat that I could use to fill them in. Razz 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down