Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Advertising Thread - What source and how much $/ month

5 posters

Go down

Advertising Thread - What source and how much $/ month Empty Advertising Thread - What source and how much $/ month

Post by ACpower1 Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:31 pm

want to start a thread for how all of us in this community are spending their AD dollars

List the company your doing it with and if you dont mind or if its not too personal, how much are you spending per month, and average roi

Ill go first

Yelp - $350/month - bringing in about 300-500/month, breaking even sometimes but experiencing some cheap asses

Angie's List - $940/month - bringing in about 6k on slower months, 8-10k busy season up to 12k but raised prices recently and noticing a bit of a drop off (which is why im making this thread)

Google Ad words - $20/day - the spending varies (thinking about raising this one but want some input from others who use it) - just started so hard to say the return but several jobs already this month

Facebook - $10/day - when I have great B/A pics, ill boost a post for $30 or so, mostly just brand recognition not so direct, but a huge audience for cheap, 30 bucks your B/A can reach 7k people that are in the demographic you want, little to no return so far

Service Monster - $80/month plus cost of reminder cards, which is crazy cheap. Only about 9 bucks to keep a customer on 3 month reminders for 18 months, real envelope with stamp, looks like a wedding invitation not junk mail. Just started the cards but already 5 jobs returned that may have not even remembered who cleaned their carpet before or easily could have found another coupon.

LET me hear them!!!! I need input, this could be a really useful thread I know we have talked about them before but lets have a clean thread with listed info for everyone to refer to.

Thanks
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Advertising Thread - What source and how much $/ month Empty Re: Advertising Thread - What source and how much $/ month

Post by ACpower1 Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:08 pm

I hate yelp, there is a company up the street from me that runs 12-14 vans plus house cleaning little transit connect vans.

They are rated 5 star on yelp, but when you look at the "filtered" reviews there is over 100 recent that are super irate customers taking about all kinds of bad ethics, bad rug cleaning, bad wall to wall, hardcore upselling, over charging then running card again for more money, literally 4-5 pages of complaints

proof for me that if you pay yelp those reviews disappear
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Advertising Thread - What source and how much $/ month Empty Re: Advertising Thread - What source and how much $/ month

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:08 pm

ACpower1 wrote:I hate yelp,   there is a company up the street from me that runs 12-14 vans plus house cleaning little transit connect vans.

They are rated 5 star on yelp,   but when you look at the "filtered" reviews there is over 100 recent that are super irate customers taking about all kinds of bad ethics,   bad rug cleaning,  bad wall to wall,  hardcore upselling,  over charging then running card again for more money,  literally 4-5 pages of complaints

proof for me that if you pay yelp those reviews disappear  

AC, Please post a link to the biz on Yelp you're talking about........I'd love to see that!!  cheers

Or at least the biz name, and city located in. wink  
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:31 pm

I am a bad example as my time is pretty limited, so I don't need to fill a large dance card. My ad costs are about $300 per month on tri-fold flyers that are distributed in person, mainly to commercial clients and real estate agents.

The residential work comes from word of mouth and the employees of these business accounts...something people often forget about when they advertise. Think about it, if you are cleaning a place like a YMCA, Dance Studios, Banks, etc., they also have lots of employees and their customers get exposed to your business in action. I remember cleaning a high school while they were having a parent-teachers conference down the hall....busiest month of my last 5 years.

I guess my point (as meandering as it often is) is that residential customers rarely find you commercial accounts. But, commercial accounts often net you many residential accounts, so target your ads more into that direction and kill 2 birds with one advertising dollar.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:50 pm

3 small YP ads...$100/mo = $4-500 a mo in rev.
Landlord assoc. newsletter  1/3 page...$400/yr (70% of rev comes from this one).
1-2 jobs a more from web site.
20% of rev is from est PM work. Like 4-5 owners or PM's.Longest one I've been doing since 95`
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:07 pm

I wont post anything about another company but ill pm you Davey the yelp link
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:38 pm

Well, I'm surprised, kinda I guess, that's why I asked for info...............but I'll sleep on it before I respond.  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down