Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a Zipper Wand

+9
dp1
Devon07
ACpower1
Mo
shaggy85233
Davey Cracker
milspec6
Matt; My carpet cleaner
SCCC
13 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a Zipper Wand - Page 6 Empty Re: Well I bit the bullet and ordered a Zipper Wand

Post by Mo Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:57 am

I can do that with mine too. But being able to run it for a longer period with out having to have the handle all the way up would be nice.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a Zipper Wand - Page 6 Empty Re: Well I bit the bullet and ordered a Zipper Wand

Post by SCCC Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:43 am

Hey Tom you notice any decrease in agitation and head weight on the rotary after adding the big wheels.
Mo, yes there is less weight on the pad with wheels down, but it still scrubbed plenty hard enough, you can still tilt it sideways to scrub a bad spot if need be.
What was crazy is how fast you can lay down ps like this, if the carpet is not too bad it is way faster, the hallway took 150 of hose to get from one end to the other, the buffer knocked it out in no time.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark D Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:37 pm

I own 2 Zipper wands. I have a regular Zipper and a Spinner. I enjoy using them more than any other tool I've ever used. My wife works with me on my truck and she runs the Zipper wands with no problem. I'm really enjoying the new Spinner!

Mark D

Back to top Go down

Post by brownieboy Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:07 pm

Zipper wants aren't bad at all. They actually really went well with my carpet cleaning business.

brownieboy

http://www.deltonaflcarpetcleaning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:09 pm

so zipper makes a spinner model now?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:27 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:so zipper makes a spinner model now?

I hope they called it the "Zip-Zero".
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:29 pm

Zip-Zilcher? banan rocking
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:57 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:Zip-Zilcher? banan rocking

Even better.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:33 pm

Been using and testing for over a Year....

I have two Zippers, and two SS Super Spinners....

Also just bought Two Tom Conway New Swivel Head Devastator Wand too if someone is curious about that monster...has incredible performance too. We do Zipper most places yet, but have all the tools on the trucks including the Rotovac 360 XL with brush heads and Nylon Slot Glides...and of course CRB units too....

Sorry to just crash the party with Zipper Videos....been super busy for quite sometime...had a little time tonight to check out the boards....

We just keep adding tools to our vans as we find something new that we think can help us out....

Hope everyone is well...

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.saigers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:41 pm

Always welcome to jump in Mark....glad to see you survived the trip.

I do have some curiosity about the swivel wand, but the Zipper will never be a tool that will work for me. Some tools are that way, but I just didn't see the value in that tool over a good wand. It will always be an upgraded Steamin Demon to me conceptually and that is going backwards in innovation IMHO.

That disclaimer aside, I still know many cleaners slinging unglided 1.5 wands out there who don't see any value in an upgraded wand or rotary extractors either. Each cleaner is different.

I think the future innovations in this industry will not come from the tools nor the chemistry anyway, but from the carpet mills R&D.

I guess I am the kind of guy who likes to keep things simple. The industry is good at adding more strings of lights, tinsel, and fake snow to the Christmas tree, without improving the quality of the gifts beneath it.

As a former Band Director you have probably seen the same thing in the music world. Since I started playing guitar, it is crazy how many new instruments, amplifiers, and pickups roll out every year. People spend fortunes chasing tone only to realize eventually that none of it was necessary.

A good instrument is important, but it is the fingers of the player that actually matters. Clapton will still sound like Clapton no matter what he is playing on. All he needs is a comfortable playing instrument to be happy.

Same goes for a cleaner. We buy far more crap every year believing that it will transform our business and make us miracle workers. My basement is full of chemicals that I tried because it was blowing up the boards and I have 2 trucks over-flowing with tools that often never get used. It makes people wealthier, but usually not for the cleaner.

Just realized that I drifted into a rant....it is getting late and I guess I am cranky. Wish you continued success Mark, some day I might run into you and buy you a cup of coffee.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:49 pm

milspec6 wrote:

..............I think the future innovations in this industry will not come from the tools nor the chemistry anyway, but from the carpet mills R&D............. 

We can keep hoping I guess, but I'm not going to hold my breath.......Just look at the new wonder fiber, Smart Strand! laughing

I'm afraid carpet has become just like most other modern made things, not made to last. If it did they wouldn't sell as much.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:38 pm

I actually see them pushing carpet more towards the health side. Silver strands to make them anti-microbial for example. Padding that will not absorb moisture at all. Those sort of things.

If they produced fibers (due for a big change in that area) that greatly improve the air filtering and could be anti-microbial, they would have a stronger handle on the market. That is the main marketing tool at the mill's disposal right now.

But you are probably correct, like many things, they are going backwards in development and innovation.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:40 pm

Well, well, well, what do we have here?

http://usa.beaulieuflooring.com/silver-release-carpet/
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:09 am

milspec6 wrote:Always welcome to jump in Mark....glad to see you survived the trip.

I do have some curiosity about the swivel wand, but the Zipper will never be a tool that will work for me.  Some tools are that way, but I just didn't see the value in that tool over a good wand.  It will always be an upgraded Steamin Demon to me conceptually and that is going backwards in innovation IMHO.

That disclaimer aside, I still know many cleaners slinging unglided 1.5 wands out there who don't see any value in an upgraded wand or rotary extractors either.  Each cleaner is different.

I think the future innovations in this industry will not come from the tools nor the chemistry anyway, but from the carpet mills R&D.  

I guess I am the kind of guy who likes to keep things simple.  The industry is good at adding more strings of lights, tinsel, and fake snow to the Christmas tree, without improving the quality of the gifts beneath it.

As a former Band Director you have probably seen the same thing in the music world.  Since I started playing guitar, it is crazy how many new instruments, amplifiers, and pickups roll out every year.  People spend fortunes chasing tone only to realize eventually that none of it was necessary.

A good instrument is important, but it is the fingers of the player that actually matters.  Clapton will still sound like Clapton no matter what he is playing on.  All he needs is a comfortable playing instrument to be happy.

Same goes for a cleaner.  We buy far more crap every year believing that it will transform our business and make us miracle workers.  My basement is full of chemicals that I tried because it was blowing up the boards and I have 2 trucks over-flowing with tools that often never get used.  It makes people wealthier, but usually not for the cleaner.

Just realized that I drifted into a rant....it is getting late and I guess I am cranky.  Wish you continued success Mark, some day I might run into you and buy you a cup of coffee.

I look forward to that cup of coffee someday Smile

I saw you were having problems with the trucks....I felt bad reading that...and was wishing I would have been closer at the time.

Would have done everything we could have to get over and help.....

Looks like things are up and going again (I hope)

Someday as I pass through Nebraska, I will be looking for that coffee and good conversation.

Thanks again and will be trying to stop in to see how everyone is doing more often.

Fortunately, we have been super busy...unfortunately, we had a van needing repair work today too....so we are going to be trying to run the route with only the one. I think we can handle it...and the van should be back by afternoon and we will start it on the route when available too....will help us out greatly....

See everyone soon....

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.saigers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:36 pm

I do find myself around Minneapolis a few times each year. Maybe we will get that coffee in the late fall the next time I am up there.

Always happy to hear from you. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by brownieboy Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:59 pm

Awesome that you'd do that with one of your forum commenters lol. Glad to see that you're involved with the community!

brownieboy

http://www.deltonaflcarpetcleaning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6