Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a Zipper Wand

+9
dp1
Devon07
ACpower1
Mo
shaggy85233
Davey Cracker
milspec6
Matt; My carpet cleaner
SCCC
13 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a Zipper Wand - Page 3 Empty Re: Well I bit the bullet and ordered a Zipper Wand

Post by SCCC Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:45 am

I LOVE it,
Only used it one time, UPS lost it for a few days, they called I went and picked it up and tried it out of the box on my last job.
Being the very first time using it....it is bad azz.
Doesn't clean going forward????
Handle issues????
It is just a rinse wand, it is not a rotary, it is not the almighty tool of tools,
I was very worried about it after getting so many mixed reviews it is not a cheap purchase, I thought is was going to be way more awkward than it was. It was very easy to handle.
I think the shorter the person the easier the tool will be to use, the reason I say this is, the wand/ tube/ handle, angle is not as steep so the taller you are the steeper the handle angle, I could see the handle maybe giving you a little problem.
 Yes Missy will be able to use it very easily.
I set sports bar up for this week end I think it is going to fly through it easily.
For the first time using it my first impression of the tool is
Furnished Resi ......NO WAY
Empty Resi .......Yes
Com ................YES
Super happy with it so far
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a Zipper Wand - Page 3 Empty Re: Well I bit the bullet and ordered a Zipper Wand

Post by Mo Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:07 pm

Like a little kid at Christmas. bring on the videos Tom
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:09 pm

Nice.

Nothing againt Tom or anyone else that paid for the zipper, or got it in exchange for putting out the good word.

But it seems the overall views/reviews are vastly different of it from those who bought it and those who tested it on the loaner program.

Prob just a coincidence? Twisted Evil
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:10 am

Here is a video my brother Dave Saiger, did of my dad yesterday running the Zipper for the first time.

My dad is 78 + years old, couple knee's replaced, bit out of shape (sorry dad)...

And he took to it like a Duck to water Smile but we come from the old days of drag heads too....

My brother asked him if he wanted to try it and he jumped at the opportunity....

He is an old cleaning nerd too Smile

He actually still has a great sense of humor...said he had to make his money somehow yet at his age....and pole dancing was out now at his age....LOL...

So, my brother Dave is not on any forums, or Facebook....

He made this and put on his YouTube and sent us the link in our family.

Both my brothers bought Zippers shortly after I did, because I brought mine over to them to try. I sold them a couple of mine, bought a couple new ones, and now actually have sold one of my current ones again here to a cousin, and have another new one being built for my new Butler too...and a new Pimped out Prochem Titanium wand....have to have all new purty stuff with a new purty Butler...

Yes....I have a lot of family in the cleaning industry.....45 plus years the family has been doing this.... Smile

Just sharing for fun here....

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.saigers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:08 am

I like how he says he's 78 and 1/2. You know what he's actually pushing it the way the zipper site says to do it at the hip.

Actually Dave, Bill S and Dustin participated in the program liked it and bought it.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:24 am

We just love having Dad with us when we can...

So much history we forget at times as dad was getting into this industry.

He mounted 32 truckmounts in vans to help guys get started with this industry... AT NO CHARGE. He would not take a dime to help people out.

I tell him he left some awful big shoes for us to fill to live up to what he did...

That's why I try to help as much as I can too... All out of respect for our father Smile

Mark Saiger
Saiger's Steam Clean
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:49 am

Hey Royal man whats the story behind the marriage of the zipper and wandeeze in this photo at https://www.facebook.com/ergowand

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a Zipper Wand - Page 3 10639698_1643786379190038_4030741248760342697_n
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:54 am

I can understand people liking the tool, especially early on as it lookes great and the reviews have it curing cancer and making a BLT at the same time.

We all get excited with new stuff and want to believe the hype to the point that we blame ourselves if the experience differs.  That is just the way we are wired, I guess and my garage is full of tools that all started out as the greatest ever until the honeymoon wore off.....actually same goes for marriage sometimes.

Some will love this tool for years, but I think it will probably end up like many others that went before it.  Remember all the talk about the T-Rex?  Heard much lately?

If it fits your needs, awesome, make the money and smile.  Just wish the hype was less money driven and more reflective of reality because there will be people buying tools that they can't afford only to be disappointed and let down by their fellow cleaners.

I don't like the "every man for himself mentality" in this industry.

Last edited by milspec6 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Floorguy Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:29 am

There is a learning curve, thats for sure... and be sure to order different glides...though i havent swapped mine out yet...but the hybrid is suppose to make it easier if you get chatter...

Dont be to fast to think your wife will just whip it out and work it....have had my wife help me a few times... Its odd how big of a difference muscle wise we are from each other....and she can hold her own on carrying things.....but pushing and pulling, she struggled just a little.

And yes if your use to a rotary in a Res setting like i am....then using this (or any wand hahaha) feels like your cheating things...

here is 1 video i did...I dunno how mark keeps it so stinking stable while running it.....kinda hard

Floorguy
Floorguy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.paynelessfloorcare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:13 am

This thread is going where product discussions should go, both sides of the story being presented.  Well, I should clarify that, the "full story" being presented.

I don't know of too many people who will get to lay their hands on the Zipper in person and thus rely upon the videos and reviews of others to make their decision to order it or not.  It is good to see differing inputs with honest experiences with the tool either pro or con.

I know that I am grinding a axe here, but I am still a little upset about a few purchases lately that had nothing but great reviews only to be a dud.  Even worse, those that gave such great praise knew of the flaws, but chose to leave that information out in order to boost sales.

The Zipper could end up being someone's perfect tool, but without honest input, the only way to find out is to write that big check.....shouldn't be that way.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:49 pm

milspec6 wrote:

I know that I am grinding a axe here, but I am still a little upset about a few purchases lately that had nothing but great reviews only to be a dud.  Even worse, those that gave such great praise knew of the flaws, but chose to leave that information out in order to boost sales.

That's the way I see it also, the whole unbiased truth doesn't always seem to be the case.
I think too many manufactures give away or give heavy discounts for the a great word to be put out.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:04 pm

These forums are supposed to be for us to find what we need and weed out the crap. It works in successful forums only....the ones that eventually fail are full of BS. I know some guys have an honest opinion and the next guy wont like it BUT its the blatent lies that will get me fired up.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:06 pm

This started as an honest forum, but I think it's been corrupted by the almighty dollar.

Prove me wrong?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:30 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:This started as an honest forum, but I think it's been corrupted by the almighty dollar.

Prove me wrong?

I'm broke.....for the win Alex. Laughing
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:31 pm

if you pay close attention then youll notice that all forums are just a new way of marketing.

for instance, I go on my bmw forum and ask questions about new struts

then like clockwork the usual 8 or so guys say heres the best struts and the absolute best place to get them by far!

you do a little research and see the website selling them is either connected to the forum, a member of the forum etc

for the record I have zero connection to procyon, or anyone selling anything related to carpet cleaning.

I felt that the s/o drums were boosted heavily on the realcleaners, by a few members... made me feel like it was the end all be all green pre spray. I still have a ton of it sitting in a drum that I paid about 1100 for.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:38 pm

That's fair AC, but I always suggested S/O for residential homes because it works for me. I don't get any discounts or kick backs of any kind. If someone finds a better option, I might go that way. Same goes for Pro's Choice on commercial, it just works well for me.

Now if I was suggesting S/O for everything, then there would be a red flag and you should be concerned about honesty. There is no perfect product for everything.

I get your point though.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:48 pm

Guys, if you don't like the Zipper, I have no problem with that and I pay for all the items I use.

I use a lot of items... I am a cleaner out on the truck everyday.

The items I use have made things better for me and my family.

I really have nothing to gain or benefit by sharing my experiences... Notice I am still on the truck... Lol.

Just what I do and even like being on the truck.

I am not sure if you all think I am on some program for talking about what I use.

Can just tell you all my products have made my life easier.

I really don't want anyone purchasing something that doesn't work for you... Just trying to share how we have made
what we have work...

That's all...

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue! "
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Is the one that was used on the loaner, the same model that Mark uses.? I saw one of the early models and I could see how it would chatter. The new one sit lower to the ground.
After seeing "walking the zipper", I tried that with my 14" wand in empty homes. I can see/feel a difference my body is used. Less arm action, especially in the shoulders.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:29 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:This started as an honest forum, but I think it's been corrupted by the almighty dollar.

Prove me wrong?
And I say your wrong.
Mo has done his best to keep this board simple and straight, don't let one bad loaner sour your time on here. Heck, we all buy stuff thinking "this is the one" to find out its not. Your point as well as others regarding their experience with the zipper WAS squed. Because of less than upfront, fully disclosed usage.
State your experience and opinion, but don't accuse others of being a shill. They state their experience and opinion. Take it or leave it.
I was not and have not been part of any of the loaner, and didn't follow the threads with each persons experience. So I'm not aware of what was stated by any.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:45 pm

milspec6 wrote:

Prove me wrong?

I'm broke.....for the win Alex. Laughing

Yup.

And to prove me wrong, lets see those guys hyping that stuff, show that they paid for that product they're hyping.  It only takes a canceled check, bank statement if paid by CC, or, what??

Like I said, prove me wrong.

An I said  "I paid full price for it" isn't proof!!.......until  proven otherwise, it isn't fact. Arrow

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:51 pm

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:

Prove me wrong?
And I say your wrong.
Mo  has done his best to keep this board simple and straight, don't let one bad loaner  sour your time on here. Heck, we all buy stuff thinking "this is the one" to find out its not. Your point as well as others regarding their experience with the zipper WAS squed. Because of less than upfront, fully disclosed usage.
State your experience and opinion, but don't accuse others of being a shill. They state their experience and opinion. Take it or leave it.
I was not and have not been part of any of the loaner, and didn't follow the threads with each persons experience. So I'm not aware of what was stated by any.

I could be wrong.......you could be naive too.  

Lets see those honest guys step up and show proof, and prove I'm wrong. wink

I doubt it will happen, it hasn't yet, when they have asked......prove me wrong, I'd love to see it. dancing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:04 pm

ACpower1 wrote:if you pay close attention then youll notice that all forums are just a new way of marketing.  

for instance,    I go on my bmw forum and ask questions about new struts

then like clockwork the usual 8 or so guys say heres the best struts and the absolute best place to get them by far!  

you do a little research and see the website selling them is either connected to the forum,   a member of the forum etc...........

Exactly, and I think that's the problem, the internet is an easy way for the manufactures to push their products, when put in the right members hands. And those doing it act like they aren't paid spokes person, when they are.........so where's the honestly?

Prove what I'm saying otherwise, please........it will make a lot of other people happy.        

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:19 pm

A forum will lose value when it is found to be supportive of this....I dont know if it is here but if found to be so Im out. I think Mo has good intentions and im not saying he supports it...heck I have no idea.....but if you run a business bad...it ends...you guys know this.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:19 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:
Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:

Prove me wrong?
And I say your wrong.
Mo  has done his best to keep this board simple and straight, don't let one bad loaner  sour your time on here. Heck, we all buy stuff thinking "this is the one" to find out its not. Your point as well as others regarding their experience with the zipper WAS squed. Because of less than upfront, fully disclosed usage.

I could be wrong.......you could be naive too.  

Lets see those honest guys step up and show proof, and prove I'm wrong. wink

I doubt it will happen, it hasn't yet, when they have asked......prove me wrong, I'd love to see it. dancing

One thing I despise is being called a liar....

Here is my Zipper I bought in Vegas and at the "show special" rate he was offering out there....

Now what do you have to say Davey?

And I want you to know it is after 10 pm, and I went into my basement and found this receipt in our filed away tax forms from last year....

If you want me to continue to dig for everything, including maybe my new Butler receipt....I think you are pushing things....

But, if I need to prove a point...I will got the distance!

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a Zipper Wand - Page 3 2015-08-27%2022.10.26_zpspznussxn

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a Zipper Wand - Page 3 2015-08-27%2022.10.44_zps5dfamera

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a Zipper Wand - Page 3 2015-08-27%2022.10.37_zpsvnjrjnuw

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!!!!!!!!!!!"
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:25 pm

Here are also my first videos using the Zipper on it's first night...and I did order a second one that night. I texted Erik Hitlz at midnight with my credit card number at midnight on the job site and told him to get another one on the way!

Take a look at the dates on the video for verification.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next