Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

"your" Chemicals and "your" proceedures?

+2
milspec6
Devon07
6 posters

Go down

"your" Chemicals and "your" proceedures? Empty "your" Chemicals and "your" proceedures?

Post by Devon07 Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:29 am

Im still trying to find my way in regard to chemicals and application (things have changed)....I got really good advice from several here and im sticking with most of it....but between "what " to use and "how" you apply it have me trying to find what works best for me.

On a recent thread I seen where chems can mess up pressure lines, QCs, etc and think I would like to prespray everything....and use maybe just a soft water only rinse.....w maybe a touch of deodorizer for knowing my flow is in fact on and gives the very faint scent of clean.

How and what is your proceedure?.....do you run everything through the pump? Pre spray only? Rinse? what rinse? clean lines? problems?....give me the scoop!

I know you guys probably all do it different but I need some thought from you guys who are currently using this newer stuff...remember I got out 13 yrs ago and getting back in and imagine what has changed.....pagers were still used back then! lol
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

"your" Chemicals and "your" proceedures? Empty Re: "your" Chemicals and "your" proceedures?

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:11 pm

Soft water rinse only, but I like the hint of deodorizer in your plan. I don't use extracting agents at all....if you need them, try changing the prespray.

Once back to the shop, remove disconnects and run the pump for a couple of minutes to flush the system and then replace / lube with WD40.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

"your" Chemicals and "your" proceedures? Empty Re: "your" Chemicals and "your" proceedures?

Post by ACpower1 Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:16 pm

pre spray,    matrix all fiber rinse (has special formula for removing soap residue,   like resolve/rug doctor messes,   breaks it down so it extracts easily,    also slightly alcohol based so it helps in faster dry times,   also leaves a nice fresh scent)

then if they have organic stains we boost with miracle,     anywhere from 2-7 scoups depending,    7 scoups is for heavy urine decon

the all fiber rinse keeps all the lines clean and clear,   never have to descale the TM
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:33 pm

Well, you already know what NOT to do from our Texting conversation, Scott. So I'm sure if you avoid encap in your rinse like we talked about, you should not have any problems. wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:35 pm

AC do you use soft water?
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:41 pm

Yes, I know now Davey....Ive been down the path of hard water descale issues and want to avoid this as well. Thats why I went with soft water this time.....dont want to goof and add chems wrong! just my luck....I like the clean soft water rinse.....and like I was saying, the hint deoderizer. I have the slurry and was playing with it....just need more carpets to clean to get to my comfort zone.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:44 pm

I use to pre spray and do all fiber rinse.
Now I use grease hawg from vac away with FWR
If I can get the Chem meter running again, I'll meter liquid slurry and do that on the hardly format all empties. No prespray.
Before anyone chews me chewed out, my PMs pay me to get them "looking" ready for move in; not 5 star clean.
I'm the most expensive 4 star cleaner here.

Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:53 pm

Matt...I dont understand what you mean. Why is your meter broke?
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:30 pm

I pre spray everything and clear rinse extractor. But talk about a time killer I use an 80 PSI multi sprayer
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:33 pm

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:I use to pre spray and do all fiber rinse.
Now I use grease hawg from vac away with FWR
If I can get the Chem meter running again, I'll meter liquid slurry and do that on the hardly format all empties. No prespray.
Before anyone chews me chewed out, my PMs pay me to get them "looking" ready for move in; not 5 star clean.
I'm the most expensive 4 star cleaner here.

Hey Matt check out the encap store. Vackaway finally has a distributor on the west coast. Not sure on his prices but you'll save on shipping
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Mo...what do you mean time killer?
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:42 pm

The pump sprays at a very slow rate. Rob and I talked about upgrading to the 200 PSI pump but I haven't yet. Not sure if Rob did.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:04 pm

I thought that might be what you were saying but didnt know the PSIs of them.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:41 pm

The meter could just be worn out. Had it reconditioned 2x. The Jondon tech said my pump is pulsating; which could be causing it to not draw chem.
I'll he going to the north JD in afew weeks and seeing Dave audio, who everyone raves about
The over priced prochem last step injection system won't flow. Had it worked on twice. NO Chem will mix in the rinse. Water actually back flows into the 5 gal jug.
So its shut off and only hot water to rinse.
I've got 2 1/2 cases of liquid slurry sitting around waiting to be used. I'm looking at doing a downstream meter injection(after it comes out of the TM) found a chem injector that is rated up to 300°. Will see....
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:57 pm

I never did upgrade that pump either Mo....sprayer collecting dust.

Matt, my butler uses that same pump and it hasn't been worth a damn for years. I replaced every component in the system the last time and it worked for about 3 days and died. I quit after that.

The only tip I can offer is to move your rinse jug to an elevated position so that gravity helps keep the line primed. It made a difference for me when things were working right. I think bouncing around from job to job disturbs the prime when on the floor.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:15 am

thats why I only use multi sprayer for protector, or doing tile sometimes

sucks trying to pre spray a big job with only 2gallons then refilling 3 times

Ive gone away from inline about 4 times and always end up coming back
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down