Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

New orbot vibe or mytee eco 17

+3
ACpower1
dp1
kevinj6121
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New orbot vibe or mytee eco 17 Empty New orbot vibe or mytee eco 17

Post by kevinj6121 Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:35 am

I was planning on getting the mytee eco-17 op machine and then this new orbot vibe comes along, both are priced competitively close, orbot has a great deal right now on the new vibe with lots of extras for $2190 go check it out. So i have a tough decision to make. the mytee op machine has been out for a little while now and most all seem to like it and have good things to say about it. The orbot vibe is new so no end user feedback yet, however "Orbot" has been in the op machine business alot longer then mytee. But there are a number of post on here about problems with orbots, broken shafts for example and to fix this or that.

So whatt do you guys think
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

New orbot vibe or mytee eco 17 Empty Re: New orbot vibe or mytee eco 17

Post by dp1 Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:39 am

I would buy the orbot, especially it comes with some extra accessories.
They come with a 1 year warranty, don't they ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:43 am

I like the look of the mytee and have heard good things but because personally Ive bought some expensive mytee stuff and it turned out to be total cheap chinese made garbage I would have to steer clear of that brand for anything over a few hundred bucks

my mytee spinner you saw in the slate video is the worst tool I have ever owned in this industry and landscaping
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:08 pm

I've owned a Mytee M5 portable and was happy with it, worked great and had no problems with it other then a switch failure, sold that and now have the mytee LTD5 and again, no problems other then a switch failure (they really need to put better switches in them)

I also have their hot turbo heater and an inline vac booster for those times when i need to do over 75 ft or more hose run. these are the only mytee products that i've owned and still own and have been happy with them so i can't speak of any of there other stuff.
But the new mytee op machine has been out a little while now and so far the feedback seems good. Don't know if they will stand the test of time, only time will tell that. But so far so good.

As for the orbot, the one thing they have going for them is that they have been around for a long time now and do seem to hold up pretty good
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:18 pm

I think the mytee portables hold up because they dont make the vac motors or pump, they just make the housing and tanks basically and mount the moving parts in there.

Im sure its the same with the heater, they prob dont make the element inside.

did you see the upholstery tool they released? they must have not even tested it or looked at the design very closely, it had sharp metal sticking out like a big lip that catches on furniture.

its been corrected and we own one of the updated ones but still I feel its cheap garbage, like the spinner it gets the job done but the quality is definitely just not there
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:15 pm

I thought you gave on Vlm cleaning when you sold the Vario Kevin?

What is the difference between the new op machine and the old Orbot. The Orbot is about 2k more
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:10 pm

I think the cheap switches on the ltd should speak for the quality.

Have you seen their new zipper imitation? lmao this thing is too funny looking, so cheap literally is getting laughed at because it looks just like a bissell they sell in box stores
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:20 am

Kevin, Dont base your purchase decision on the issues that I have been having with my Orbot. The guy at HOS didnt even recognize the motor on my machine. It was a HOS motor but he said that It was one of the first Orbots made
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:19 am

ACpower1 wrote:I think the cheap switches on the ltd should speak for the quality.      

Have you seen their new zipper imitation?   lmao this thing is too funny looking,   so cheap literally is getting laughed at because it looks just like a bissell they sell in box stores    
You talking about the mytee thing?
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:
ACpower1 wrote:I think the cheap switches on the ltd should speak for the quality.      

Have you seen their new zipper imitation?   lmao this thing is too funny looking,   so cheap literally is getting laughed at because it looks just like a bissell they sell in box stores    
You talking about the mytee thing?

lol ya their new "zipper" type wand.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

New orbot vibe or mytee eco 17 Empty Still have the Vario

Post by kevinj6121 Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:07 am

Mo wrote:I thought you gave on Vlm cleaning when you sold the Vario Kevin?

What is the difference between the new op machine and the old Orbot. The Orbot is about 2k more

I haven't given up on VLM I like it. I still have the Vario for sale if anyone wants it, I don't find myself using it because it does not have an on board spray system, other then that it is a good machine.

I will soon buy either the new Vibe form orbot or the mytee eco-17, still can't make up my mind but I am leaning towards the Vibe, at least today I am. I'll be spending 2 grand so I want to be comfortable with my decision before I part with my $$$
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:14 am

I would go with the vibe over the eco 17 strictly on the reputation of the companies
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:06 pm

I was looking at the Vibe as well, that would be my choice between the two.  HOS has steadily improved that Orbot design and I think they have ended up with a very good looking design.

Mytee has the longest history of sending equipment to the market place too soon and using the negative feedback to make changes as they go.  They might end up with a good product in time, but it takes a few years.  I would never buy another Mytee product that is a "work in progress" and never a brand new design.

Mytee does have a good platform in their 175 floor machine (one of my favorites actually) but I would not plunk down the cash for the changes to it to create the eco. At least not just yet.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:23 pm

I think changes have already been made to the eco-17 and from what i read on some of the other boards and videos others have made so far so good, everyone seems to like it and say it cleans good, gotta admit though it is a nice looking machine
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:36 pm

It is a nice looking machine, but you will never know if it is really any good until you try one. Our industry has more than it's share of phony shills floating around on these boards that describe every chemical and new gizmo as the greatest thing in history. It rarely pans out to be true. Remember, companies like Mytee are paying for some of the reviews.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:50 pm

Yeah you are right, there are a lot of shills out there, i'm sure mytee is not alone either. It truly really does sucks though that that kind of thing goes on. It would be great if people just told it like it is, no BS just there honest opinion weather it be good, bad or indifferent. I've been reading these boards for years now and after awhile you can kinda tell which people are full of you know what
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:51 pm

It is the same in other industries as well since the internet exploded. Try reading reviews on guitars or amplifiers...you will not find an honest person anywhere.

Just like guitars, not everyone has the ability to try everything out local either. The local store only carries what it wants and will do everything they can steer you into what-ever makes them the most money.

Sure, I understand that they are in business to make money, but if that is all that a person is made of, I don't want to do business with them.

I come down to it this way Kevin, Mytee rolls out a lot of product in chemicals and gear while the maker of that Orbot only have to perfect and support one. Which one do you think will have the most support?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:21 am

Well you do have a point, Mytee sells, extractors, wands, floor machines etc.....
while orbot only makes and sells one type of machine and one can certainly make a good argument there but i sense you have a dislike for mytee which if so is ok with me, maybe you've had bad experience's with them or there equipment and maybe they do rush new stuff to market then make corrections and or upgrades as these situations arise, but then at least they do that much. I can only speak of my personal experience with them.

My 1st mytee extractor was the M5, bought it new and pump would not prime no matter what I did, called mytee and they worked with me over the phone, talked me through some things to try and still could not get it to work then said " you know what, don't worry about it well send you a new machine and cover all the shipping costs" which they did very quickly, the 2nd machine was fine and turned out to be a good machine for me, I have since sold it to upgrade to the LTD5 which has also been a good machine for me so far, I have also purchased the 7303 vac booster which works very well.
So i personally have no beef at all with mytee.
Bottom line, no one or no company is perfect in every way, whats important is how you are treated after the purchase.
As long as a company, any company stands behind its product and works with you to correct whatever issue your having, then thats a good thing
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:29 am

Still may choose the Vibe over the eco-17 though.
Sure wish there was a supplier local to me which had both machines in stock for me to go check out in person and play with, then and only then could i make a decision without have to on some level just go by pic's and the "maybe" biased opinions of others and all the shills.
But lets face the facts, every company that comes out with something new will promote it as the best, they are, after all in business to make money
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:31 pm

Kevin, I'm not bias against Mytee but I had bad experiences with a few of their products as well, bad = not broken, just not a good quality, one of them is the tile spinner that's sitting in my garage right now.
Let me ask you this, what if you called a plumber and they used a brand new snake to clear the clogs and this snake has a risk of blowing your pipe ? Yeah they will be responsible in replacing your pipe if that happens but what about the water damage that was caused by it ? The inconvenience it caused you, just because they used you as a trial run, that's how I feel with Mytee using us to test their products on the field and make some corrections along the way, they could've hired experienced cleaners as their products development manager that can give some serious and meaningful inputs before putting the products on the market.
For those reasons alone I would refrain myself as best as I can from purchasing Mytee products.
No I'm not a mytee haters nor did I say I will never buy their products again, I might, just have to put all my guards up when and if I do.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:54 pm

It is a tough call.....the only Mytee product that ever panned out for me was the 175 floor machine which was very good and did a lot of stone polishing for me without complaint and that is the base for what you are considering.

You could do what many do and buy both, decide which one you like, and then sell the other off.  You lose some money on the depreciation, but if you are using it, you can call it a rental.

I know of one contractor in my area that buys all of his tools needed for job and then sells them off right after.  He recovers about 70% of the cost which was still cheaper than renting the equipment.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:32 pm

There's a lot of companies out there that make various products for our industry, some good quality stuff and some not so good, I don't think you can put Mytee at the bottom, their not the best, but deffinaitly not the worst.

I was happy with my 1st mytee extractor the M5 and am happy with my current mytee extractor the LTD5, also very happy with their vac booster that I have as well.

The eco-17 has been out there for a little while now and there are quite a few guys using them who have posted video's and like them so thats a good sign so far.

I'm not in a position were money is no object. So I wouldn't just go out and buy both at the same time, then decided which is better then sell off the other and take a loss. To voluntarily go into something that i knew i was going to take a loss is not something I would do.

I do however agree that any company of any product in any industry thats puts a product out there and use's the end user as guinnie pigs to test their stuff then go back and correct the issues/faults is not good business practice.

Design your new product, give it to people in the industry, whatever industry that is, to use out in the field and test. Then listen to their feedback, correct all issues's then sell it to the public is the correct thing to do, problem is not all companies do this.
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:52 pm

Look at this way Kevin If I were to put my Orbot up for sale right now, I would not have a problem selling it. I don't think you could say that about the Mytee OP or Vario

I have to say the support for HOS has not been up to par because they out source the support to their distributors and I lot of time they just dont possess the knowledge the machine.

Once I got a direct number to a HOS tech, the support has been out standing.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:00 pm

Watch the reaction of the guy towards the end of the video....it looked pretty honest to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CfWa_iL3gM
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:15 pm

Since you already have the Vario and the reason you dont like is because it doesnt have an on board sprayer why not just make one

I made one for my Orbot using my mulstiprayer and a steel shelf.

You can also just run a solution hose from your multisprayer to the vario you dont have to have the solution tank on board. Like Rick does on this video. You just dont need the shower feed and spray feed stuff keep is simple
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next