Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Mytee Bentley

+2
Mo
milspec6
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mytee Bentley Empty Mytee Bentley

Post by milspec6 Wed May 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Well, I blew the dust off my xtra-long Mytee Bentley 14 inch wand today. I haven't used it in years due to a terrible manifold design that threw water all over the place except the carpet. The swivel head was always nice, the carbon fiber never got hot, and the vacuum recovery was actually one of the best that I have used. So, with a little help, maybe it still had some life yet?

I ordered a new glide and an "improved" manifold design for it to see if it merits being put back on the truck. The newer manifold looks a little goofy to me, but if acceptable, I think I will have my new residential wand.

Will find out soon....
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Mytee Bentley Empty Re: Mytee Bentley

Post by Mo Wed May 03, 2017 5:00 pm

Sis you get the swivel manifold
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed May 03, 2017 6:49 pm

You seen the new Bentley wands? To compete with zipper, bonzer.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed May 03, 2017 7:34 pm

Mine is the original design with the carbon fiber and swivel head. It is nice that you can lay it down almost flat to get under objects. It will be retrofitted with the newer spray manifold design though.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu May 04, 2017 1:44 pm

Here is what I have now.  I haven't used it in over 5 years since buying the Mach 15 wand, mostly due to the spray bar design.

Mytee Bentley Myteet10

Mytee Bentley Myteeh10

They have excellent vac recovery and you can run them darn near flat to get under even a dresser.

Mytee Bentley Mytees10

I replaced the trigger valve and jets today...I plan on using it tonight on some commercial to get another feel for it.  The new glide and manifold design is on the way which will place the jets much closer to the vac port.  If it works, I might become a fan again.

This is the newer manifold design by Larry Cobb.  I am not real impressed by the design, but it might get it done.

Mytee Bentley Bentle10

I think the new ones are using titanium aren't they?  I think I like the carbon fiber better actually, a little more weight and no heat transfer to my hand.

I do like their new stair tool and might consider that tool.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu May 04, 2017 1:50 pm

Banana glides; brings back memories of my first glide. Now it seems you gotta meet some one in a dark alley t get them.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu May 04, 2017 2:02 pm

www.mytee.com/products/8314p-bentley-plus-carpet-cleaning-wand/

www.mytee.com/products/8314dw-bentley-pro-drag-wand-7/
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu May 04, 2017 3:33 pm

That looks good Matt, but then again I prefer performance over appearance, if it works great and looks great, that's a real winner in my book.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu May 04, 2017 8:09 pm

Man, now I remember how much I hated this wand's manifold.  It was enjoyable to work the wand and the recovery was as good as any wand out there, but the jetting was atrocious and unusable.

It might look impressive in a commercial to our customers as it throws a ton of steam and looks impressive, but the water is all over the place.  I used 9502 jets, but the spray was still over the place... up walls, over your previous dry stroke path, on your shoes, just everywhere.

I will not be using this thing again until the new manifold arrives.  At least I got to see the baby Giraffe and I swear one of the female elephants gave me a smile when she came over to watch me clean.

Mytee Bentley Ele10
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri May 05, 2017 6:56 am

Nice pics Rob.

Those spray bars do look ugly. On one of those design it doesn't look like your getting good penetration on the fibers. I can just picture those spray bars getting busted up in the van
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Fri May 05, 2017 2:30 pm

Bob said, "might look impressive in a commercial to our customers as it throws a ton of steam and looks impressive, but the water is all over the place.  I used 9502 jets, but the spray was still over the place... up walls, over your previous dry stroke path, on your shoes, just everywhere."

Need to lay off the trigger, that will help with spraying all over.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri May 05, 2017 2:47 pm

looks like the jets are spraying toward the glide ?? that could be the reason why water splashing everywhere ?? have you try to spin that manifold down a little bit ? looks like it's adjustable ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat May 06, 2017 12:38 am

That is a good observation Dp, it does splash against the head, but it doesn't really adjust.....that is part of the problem. Some used to use extenders, but the angle is still all wrong.

Hopefully, the new manifold will change all that.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat May 06, 2017 11:41 am

That's the biggest problem with Mytee, I don't mean to bash them, but they always release products without testing them first, their R&D dept needs some serious overhaul.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sat May 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Mytee has been known to release bad stuff.

But, everyone in every industry has their moments of "oops".

I am a hard core Future of Cleaning guy. Love their products. But it's kinds that way with them too. They develop something and release it. Then the people that actually use it tell them what's great or what needs changed. They just developed a "HydroBlade" that replaced the cannons on the rinse bar. Us guys in the U.S. kept breaking them all the time. Well, in the US, the track in your window for your screens are what was breaking them, and no one realized this track is common in the US but not other countries.
I gladly paid the money for the part. Broken cannons make the job harder then hell to do.

I also just bought a booster pump to put before my RO. Even though the RO is rated at 80 PSI and tap pressure should be OK, in cooler weather you get little flow. I have figure that is what my problem was with the flow issue. My TDS came back down, so I think it was just from my RO sitting.

My filtration system wasn't sold with a booster, nor was it recommended at the time. Now they are.

Kinda how stuff works. They sell you the idea, and then have to make the "fix" for it later.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat May 06, 2017 12:37 pm

That has always been the knock on Mytee, they are too quick to take a product to market without enough field testing. You never get it perfect on the first attempt, but sometimes they end up with flaws that should have been caught before release.

I will say though, if this manifold works, this could be a great wand.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sat May 06, 2017 2:26 pm

IMO, when they are bringing things to production faster than the R&D should have been allowed to test a product, that just tells me they are tight on money.

That, or just too many people are willing to be beta testers. Which seems to happen a lot.

On a brush that costs 150 bucks, I'll roll the dice and be a tester. I'm not out much. Had I put 800 bucks in the wand, and it wasn't even useable, I would have sworn off the company.

I have two brushes now I don't use. One is useless to me, even though many touted how great it was (yeah right), the other is a hog's hair brush. That brush would be fine, if the one I always use, wasn't so good at cleaning. Hog's hair is aggressive, but not any more than mine, IMO. It's over rated.

I suppose we all spend money on the next "thing" that is supposed to make us money and make life easier. I just get tired of things getting hyped up to be something they can't live up to. Either some folks are getting paid money to pimp products, or there are a lot of people with exactly ZERO experience using this stuff.

And by the way, what ever happened with the tile spinner for carpet? That was a hot item when it hit shelves. Are people still putting it on a pedestal? Or did the reality set in about swirl marks on carpet?

So I have 2 brushes that costs a couple hundred bucks, that I won't use.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat May 06, 2017 6:08 pm

You hit the nail with the fact that hype is generated by paid shills in this industry along with the fact that you often can't get your hands on one without ordering it.

The same thing happens with guitars, everyone talks about the end-all be-all pedal or guitar and then when you buy one you realize that it was nothing but hype.

And also like in guitars, you eventually get burned enough that you finally stop listening to the shills and stick with the basics that have been working for you all along. I think chemicals are the worst offenders in this industry, even more than the tools.

Gee look, remember that crappy tool? It comes in a new color now....let's all buy one. Razz
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sat May 06, 2017 6:44 pm

LOL at the tool in a new color!
That reminds me of the Rhino tube that I use for water fed pole work. It's touted as twist/knot free, the best hose in the world! (they claim).

It's good and tough hose. It is NOT however knot/twist free. It will knot so tight that you have to cut it out. I'm not switching to another one though, because this is tough like surgical tubing.

It comes in NEW colors now though! LOL! It started as bright yellow only, now comes in orange, green, red, and new PURPLE. Pfft!

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat May 06, 2017 7:14 pm

Sounds like Nike owns that "Rhino tube". There were famous for changing the color of a running shoe every quarter along with another $10 to the cost....as if the color made it a better shoe somehow.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:01 pm

Just a quick update.

That new design is no longer available from Mytee. They seemed to have dropped that part with the new series of wands. I ended up with another factory manifold with the addition of 90 degree elbows in front of the jets instead.

Not real pleased by that and don't see the 90 degree angles being all that useful as it will just spray mostly straight down now. My old wands that did that tended to just soak the carpet.

I guess I will play with it and try and come up with something. Maybe 45 degree angles with extenders would work? Such a shame as this wand still swivels great after many years (unlike the others out there today) and has great recovery. Just a bad spray design.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Hey Bob can you weld another spray bar to that wand?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:33 pm

There is probably a few things that could be done. Joe used to have a HSK for it, but it involved having to drill into the vacuum shoe to mount it and carbon fiber doesn't hold a screw well. He even suggested that there were probably better options out there, but there really isn't.

The main issue is that the spray bar is not adjustable at all. What you have is the only way you can aim it and the aim is wrong from the factory and located too far from the floor to transfer heat properly.

I think extenders might be the only way to get closer, but it will still need something down to improve the aim of the jets. I spoke with Larry Cobb who suggested that I will probably like the 90 degree street elbows, so I guess it is worth the try.

I think I will check with Dultmeier to see if they have a 15 degree elbow to just nudge the spray down a little to avoid hitting the wand head.

I guess it will be my tool project this weekend.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:29 am

You could try using 8002 jets on the outside ends of the manifolds. That is similar to what pc did with their 4 jet wand, they used a smaller fan jet on the insides of the manifold to stop overlapping. Also try angling the outer jets a little bit so the outer edge of the fan is angled closer to the edge of the wand head.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:48 pm

Good suggestions ACE, I haven't tried the narrower fans on the outer jets yet. That would likely help with the over-spray on the outside of the head, but it throws a mess over the top of the wand head as well from the splashing.

I was thinking about it today and I might have better luck running it without the glide. That might put the spray closer to the ground instead of slamming into the head. Or would that make it worse? I'm too dehydrated right now to think.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next