Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Vackaway vs Bonnet Pro

+9
francisco p
OneBlueSummer
Joe Bristor
REALCLEAN
ACpower1
Ryan S
Andy Mc
milspec6
Mo
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Vackaway vs Bonnet Pro Empty Vackaway vs Bonnet Pro

Post by Mo Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:29 am

It looks like Vackaway and Bonnet Pro have been battling it out on youtube. Steve Smith of Vackaway says that Bonnet Pro encap juice dries to a dirt attracting stick residue and will not shatter when vacuumed.

Bonnet Pro is claiming that vackaway encap is leaving dust in the carpet that becomes airborne. I don't think I saw John's dilution ratio of the Vackaway product and if he poured that bottle on the carpet that is not the way anyone applies encap.

Here's the Vackaway . Do you guys think a dish test is a valid test? Will it dry the same on carpet fibers?

Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Vackaway vs Bonnet Pro Empty Re: Vackaway vs Bonnet Pro

Post by milspec6 Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:16 am

As with nearly all advertising, they are both misleading in some ways. I do wish Vacaway would stop using petri dishes and appy it to the carpet instead. Then we would see if there is "sticky residue" or not.

Still, they are both unfair in my opinion, but that is most advertisement isn't it?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:17 am

I would like to know if the products were used straight or RTU dilutions?

Also what's up with the hazmat suit in the vacaway video, I thought the new hot knife was a safe formula? lol

If used straight, both tests are flawed. The film former encap not diluted with water never really dries 100 percent, it stays a soft, thick snot like mix, not brittle dry.

When diluted it dries complete .

I don't trust either of these guys, If the bonnet pro video is true, and the encap go's air born that bad, no one should ever use it again. I haling plastic is not good for the lungs.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:19 am

This sounds like a job for a Cleaners Lounge independent testing.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:23 am

Milspec, you say unfair? I say dishonest.

To mean anything they need to state and prove dilution rate used during the testing.

But no they just expect know one will use critical thinking to find the flaws in there tests, Kinda like John G acting surprised that not everyone bows down to his so called NASA science .

These guys insult our intelligence on a daily basis, and frankly it piss's me off.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Andy Mc wrote:Milspec,   you say unfair?   I say dishonest.  

To mean anything they need to state and prove dilution rate used during the testing.  

But no they just expect know one will use critical thinking to find the flaws in there tests,    Kinda like John G  acting surprised that not everyone bows down to his so called NASA science .

These guys insult our intelligence on a daily basis, and frankly it piss's me off.

If anyone wanted to know. ^ this is what keeps me at the lounge. Memebers who aren't afraid to express what they believe to be the truth, coupled with some facts to back it.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:49 pm

Im still not sold on encap in general yet. To each their own but I cleaned my very own carpets with the strong dry system and they were dirty as hell about a week later.

Steam cleaned them with the new judson trying out the slop and gobble and they have been clean ever since.

I still think encap is better than a porty of course but I think it has nothing on high quality steam extraction

I dont do much commercial but I do still consider encap as a intermitten maintenance cleaning that can be done by any janitor with a floor buffer.

call me biased because we just bought another TM but im just giving you guys the honest down to earth feedback from seeing what it was like on my own carpets and watching them get dirty.

I have dogs, and we dont always take shoes off, but my traffic areas looked worse about a week to 2 weeks after the cleaning

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:43 pm

Those videos are childish. Don't bother using a real life test, let's use some smoke, mirrors, hazmat suits, radiation protective gloves, and 1,000,000,000 candlelight powered spot lights instead. Give me a break!
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:58 pm

ACpower1 wrote:Im still not sold on encap in general yet.     To each their own but I cleaned my very own carpets with the strong dry system and they were dirty as hell about a week later.

Steam cleaned them with the new judson trying out the slop and gobble and they have been clean ever since.

I still think encap is better than a porty of course but I think it has nothing on high quality steam extraction

I dont do much commercial but I do still consider encap as a intermitten maintenance cleaning that can be done by any janitor with a floor buffer.  

call me biased because we just bought another TM but im just giving you guys the honest down to earth feedback from seeing what it was like on my own carpets and watching them get dirty.

I have dogs,   and we dont always take shoes off,    but my traffic areas looked worse about a week to 2 weeks after the cleaning

I've been experimenting with encap now for about 6 years. Mostly because I see the potential that if it could work its benefits would be fantastic for carpet cleaners. Ridiculously low overhead and start up cost alone would be huge.

I've studied the films vs. crystals. Both have a place, but crystals have a ton more advantages.

Staight encap just doesn't work. Gotta have a bonnet for extraction. Terry cloth bonnets work, but you need a ton of them to do a job properly because the soil load is limited. Most bonnets just smear the dirt. Microfiber is the way to go.

Rotary machines are just too limited. Too much torque on one side, hard to get a consistent cleaning tracks. Plus, only about 3" of true scrubbing effort. Use a white bonnet on dirty carpet, make a couple of passes, and flip it over and notice the almost perfectly white, 8" circle in the middle.

I now maintain all of my janitorial accounts with encap. I let one go 3 years before I HWE'd it and still didn't have residue build up. Because I'm using crystalcap (I should copyright that) instead of film. Film has to be flushed 100% of the time. Its truly a maintenance product. A really good maintenance product, but doesn't replace HWE.

Unless you're going to get into a specific niche in your town, like high rises or assisted living facilities, just stick with HWE. It takes a lot of trial and error right now to do it effectively.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:27 pm

Ya I think it works for maintenance, but around here it is almost all done in house because the building can easily fit a buffer and some pads in their maintenance closet.

I think for residential where referrals and putting on a show for the customer matter the most it just doesnt have a place. Maybe post padding but thats it.

I just saw what it was like doing the crb encap on my own carpets, and personally from my experience I wont clean my own carpets with that method again so I really cant do it at customers homes.

Took 1 week and it looked terrible, dirtier than it was before.... Ive gone 2 years without doing my own house before and it never looked this bad.

We still love our strong dry and use it all the time cause it kicks so much ass for other tasks.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by OneBlueSummer Thu May 01, 2014 9:55 am

Acpower.. of course it looked worse u didn't remove any soil u just smeared it around and then put a clear coat on top of it.
As straightedge above straight encap ain't gonna cut it especially on residential. That's why u need to use absorbent pads so u can remove dirt. But I'm with u hwe will whoop it all if done by a real cleaner.
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu May 01, 2014 4:19 pm

A cotton will be more absorbent than a microfiber pad.

So Joe does Soils and Oils become airborne like Bonnet Pro showed in the video?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu May 01, 2014 7:46 pm

Wow thanks for that in depth explanation Joe.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu May 01, 2014 7:54 pm

That is the value to good communication. Sometimes we get all wrapped up in the videos trying to show something when it can be more helpful to have someone explain it....especially if those videos are a little "misleading" at times.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Thu May 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Hey Joe! You got any drum SOE buyers yet?
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by francisco p Thu May 01, 2014 8:12 pm

I am one almost ready for my second drum of S/O/E and my commercial accounts really liked it how it clean and stay cleaner longer.

francisco p

http://www.pulidoscc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by John Geurkink Fri May 09, 2014 9:19 am

But no they just expect know one will use critical thinking to find the flaws in there tests, Kinda like John G acting surprised that not everyone bows down to his so called NASA science .
Argue with NASA not me, we have the ATP testing, the Microscope testing, the pre and post vacuum testing and you have what? Just a lot to say with nothing to back it up, you simply don't want to get it, so you don't.

I think for residential where referrals and putting on a show for the customer matter the most it just doesnt have a place. Maybe post padding but thats it.

I think after many years of doing just that, that you are dead wrong, first off if post padding is important, WHY is so much soil left behind from HWE?

Acpower.. of course it looked worse u didn't remove any soil u just smeared it around and then put a clear coat on top of it.
As straightedge above straight encap ain't gonna cut it especially on residential. That's why u need to use absorbent pads so u can remove dirt. But I'm with u hwe will whoop it all if done by a real cleaner.

Funny how 100's of professional Tm users would disagree with that statement.. if you see encapping as smearing and a clear coat, then obviously you don't even understand the method you are talking about.

John Geurkink

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Fri May 09, 2014 9:26 am

John Geurkink wrote:But no they just expect know one will use critical thinking to find the flaws in there tests, Kinda like John G acting surprised that not everyone bows down to his so called NASA science .
Argue with NASA not me, we have the ATP testing, the Microscope testing, the pre and post vacuum testing and you have what? Just a lot to say with nothing to back it up, you simply don't want to get it, so you don't.

I think after many years of doing just that, that you are dead wrong, first off if post padding is important, WHY is so much soil left behind from HWE?

Funny how 100's of professional Tm users would disagree with that statement.. if you see encapping as smearing and a clear coat, then obviously you don't even understand the method you are talking about.

I'm with ya John!

Stay around and just educate. That's what The cleaners lounge is about. People like you, equipped with testing and results to clear the fog on something that is new to many cleaners. Which "new" means the need for people like you to share and educate your finds.

You have the products you developed. Talk about them, and why they work. Talk about the great qualities. Talk about the benefits.

I for one know very little about the subject and absorb it all like a sponge.

By all means stay in the conversation.

Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Fri May 09, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi John, Just a quick reply to this statement of yours

"Argue with NASA not me, we have the ATP testing, the Microscope testing, the pre and post vacuum testing and you have what? Just a lot to say with nothing to back it up, you simply don't want to get it, so you don't."

Point one, Did NASA do this test, or did you do it??

Point two, What do I have to back my opinions? I have several years experience with both methods, I have made several solid points to back up my opinions, (in previous conversations) you have yet to address them, or convince me I'm wrong. ( that's fine. ) so I see no need to rehash the debate, just go's in circles.

Point 3 I bare you no malice, I simply don't buy your testing results, I see for my self every day the opposite.

Point 4, some will buy in to your testing, I bare them no malice either, I just think they are wrong.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri May 09, 2014 7:29 pm

so much dirt left behind from hwe?   what kind of hwe are you used to just wondering?  

u honestly think when you have massive soil loads rubbing a pad on the carpet is the best way to go?  how many pads do you go through?

so then how about light soiling?    how is steam extraction leaving dirt behind in a light soiling condition?  

how much hair and sand and other debris are you pulling from a pad?  

you can pre vac to your hearts content and youll still get fuzz and hair in the filter right?>   where does that stuff go when you buff the carpet with a pad?

this is the oldest argument in the industry...   encap guys comparing encap to low quality soak the carpet extraction,   and hwe guys comparing it to surface buffing.

encap works no doubt,    but its not worth 100/hr or 200/hr,   thats why in commercial situations its worth like .08 cents a sq ft

on a super small scale, as soon as you have soil covering a pad and you continue to buff it on the carpet, your smearing dirt around.

also think about this in the most simple basic terms ever.  

what do you clean without water?  

your hair?   your car?   your driveway?    your clothes?  (dry cleaning thats it,  only because they cant handle the moisture)  

your teeth?    your dog?    

everything is cleaned with water
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri May 09, 2014 8:07 pm

We are getting off-topic here. This thread was about the comparison of 2 competing encap formulas, but we are gravitating to the old hwe vs encap debate.

I think John needs to redirect this towards those tests that he presented, especially en light of the comments by Joe...which I am in agreement with at this time and would like to see John's counter.

If we can focus on VLM without trying to throw HWE under the bus, I think we can get more accomplished. I have a very tough time accepting that VLM can duplicate / improve over HWE performance on badly soiled carpets, but I will listen to the whole argument. Just keep it fair and honest.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri May 09, 2014 8:09 pm

I was just responding to what he quoted from me. oldest debate ever, it works good, we encap certain situations, but to say HWE is garbage is the dumbest thing
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next