Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Vackaway vs Bonnet Pro

+9
francisco p
OneBlueSummer
Joe Bristor
REALCLEAN
ACpower1
Ryan S
Andy Mc
milspec6
Mo
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Vackaway vs Bonnet Pro - Page 2 Empty Re: Vackaway vs Bonnet Pro

Post by milspec6 Fri May 09, 2014 8:40 pm

I know, I wasn't calling anyone out on it, I just didn't want us to miss the heart of the thread by stepping into the old debate.

VLM / Encap works great under the right conditions

HWE works great under the right conditions

Rotaries over wands under the right conditions

Rip and replace over cleaning under the right conditions

The key is being the professional who knows how to select and deploy the right tool and right method for the task at hand. It never makes sense to me to attack any tool or method in blanket language, not if you have been educated on the pros / cons of them.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Sat May 10, 2014 8:06 am

AcPower says "I think for residential where referrals and putting on a show for the customer matter the most it just doesnt have a place. Maybe post padding but thats it."

I agree 100%,

Milspec, the point to made is relevant to the thread topic,

(Supplier testing) testing by biased suppliers who have a stake in the results, should be questioned and challenged,

Anyway the thread has run it's course and is dead , why not let the conversation mutate in to other areas? I say keep the discussion open, and let freedom ring,

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Sat May 10, 2014 8:46 am

BTW, Milspec. No one has made the argument that VLM doesn't work, or that is has no place in a guy's tool box,

so I don't know why you feel the need to speak as though someone had made that argument.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat May 10, 2014 9:01 am

I recently used VLM on a big gulp drink spill in an office area. Used two different types of VLM application, two different types of Encap. Both failed miserably!

First application. Cimex with fiber pads and releaseit at 8 oz a gallon. No good

Second application, Bonnet pro encap, 8 oz per gallon surround, and a cotton bonnet. No good

Third time, HWE with soils and oils, rotary extraction. Bingo! Never went back.

All three were speed dried.

I'm still a sceptic for the bad stuff.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat May 10, 2014 10:20 am

Andy Mc wrote:BTW, Milspec.    No one has made the argument that VLM doesn't work, or that is has no place in a guy's tool box,  

so I don't know why you feel the need to speak as though someone had made that argument.

The thread was comparing crystal vs film products and it progressed to a discussion about VLM potential on heavily soiled carpets vs HWE. It has been a good discussion, it is just one that often happens when a VLM topic is started and I was hoping we could focus on the crystal vs film....or actually, on the testing methods being used by those 2 companies.

I agree, nobody made the claim that VLM doesn't work and I wasn't accusing anyone of that, I was just trying to nudge things back to the starting topic. The comments mentioned regarding the VLM limits on removing sand and fuzz and there were comments on how VLM lead to re-soiling faster in a members home, so I was just joining the stance that every tool, chemical, or method has its place and it is up to the cleaner to choose accordingly.

Nobody is threatening to shut down the thread and you can converse on it all that you want and in any direction that you want. I am just waiting to hear John's response to Joe's posting on his film-based encap product and was hoping to nudge it back into that direction.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Sat May 10, 2014 1:47 pm

I've always found it humorous how cleaners claim that they tried a method, it failed, therefore it doesn't work, leaving out the actual probability that they just don't really know how to do it properly or effectively.

I call that Ignorant Arrogance. I don't know how to do something, therefore it can't be done!

No one will grow a business with that mentality.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Sat May 10, 2014 1:53 pm

And there is also the possibility that after several years of experience with one method , it's weakness' are discovered,

there fore 2 choice's lays in front,

Either remain a delusional one method die hard, or look for a better way.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Sat May 10, 2014 2:21 pm

All due respect, years of experience means next to nothing really. In any field of expertise, accurate knowledge outweighs all other factors.

REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Sat May 10, 2014 2:34 pm

Who Is the judge as to what conclusions are accurate or not?
If you have any examples of "inaccurate conclusions " then bring them up and lets discuss. ,

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Sat May 10, 2014 2:52 pm

"Who" is the judge? That's the problem with most boards, cleaners appoint themselves as judge. "If I can't do it, it can't be done! GUILTY!"

The real judge, and only judge, is the Honorable End Result.

REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat May 10, 2014 4:49 pm

I know you guys say I did my encap wrong when I cleaned my own house with it...   but I used the strong dry method.... pre vac,    pre sprayed encap,   crb,    waited for it to dry then post vac...    

usually our encaping is cotton pads,   pre vac,  spray encap,   pad it....  works pretty good

way better than hauling a cold water porty,   we do an office this way every 4 months  

did I miss a step that is crucial to having drastically different results?   just curious
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Sat May 10, 2014 4:58 pm

Try a microfiber bonnet under an OP in place of the CRB. I've found that the end result is much better when removing as much soil as possible initially instead of hoping it will vacuum up when dry.

I've not found any encap yet that will completely come clean by vacuuming. Straight encap, from my experience, is maintenance only. Gotta HWE it eventually.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat May 10, 2014 5:02 pm

ya I feel its maintenance only, which is why it kinda bugs me when they bash steam cleaning.

anyways back on topic unless its completely dead.... sorry again for the derail
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat May 10, 2014 6:25 pm

REALCLEAN wrote:All due respect, years of experience means next to nothing really.  In any field of expertise, accurate knowledge outweighs all other factors.

Man, if that ain't the Truth!!  cheers wink 

I know a guy in this biz that knows it all because he's "been in it for 27 years". But the reality is he only knows what he learned 25 or so years ago when he quit being teachable.........Some of us know how much this biz has changed in the last 20+ years!!  laughing 

And just the opposite, for a good example look at Ryan, I think he's been around about 5 or so years, and is a wealth of knowledge!  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Sun May 11, 2014 8:26 am

You guys are right,
my opinions based on my worthless experience, are invalid, VLM has no limits, just that I failed to master the method.

We should listen to Ryan instead. Sorry , my bad.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Sun May 11, 2014 9:00 am

Falicy based arguments,,, in this case, making a vague statement that is sometimes true, but most often not true, and aiming it at no one in particular, but just implying it.

that way no one can respond. kinda like a sniper hiding in the bushes a mile away firing shots, no one knows where the shots are coming from, so no one can fire back, just have to take the beating. In this case an implied insult but not direct,

This is a classic debating fallacy known as..

Cherry picking (suppressed evidence, incomplete evidence) – act of pointing at individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

Thought-terminating cliché – a commonly used phrase, sometimes passing as folk wisdom, used to quell cognitive dissonance, conceal lack of thought-entertainment, move onto other topics etc. but in any case, end the debate with a cliche—not a point.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun May 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Andy Mc wrote:You guys are right,  
my opinions based on my worthless experience, are invalid,    VLM has no limits,  just that I failed to master the method.

We should listen to Ryan instead.   Sorry ,  my bad.

Andy, I think you bring a wealth of experience and CURRENT knowledge from the VLM world. No one was taking a shot at ya. More over, we need more of you field experience in this topic. Stay in this topic!

How should we develop or test these findings or concepts?

Dave, was just saying how one can submerge themselves in educational info and be worlds ahead of ones who mastered the trade years ago and refused to evolve in today's industry.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete@TCC Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:04 pm

Nice points brought up by everyone, heres my 2 cents.

Atleast 95% of jobs can be cleaned to an excellent standard with either method.

Sometimes extraction is better, or atleast faster in a small % of cases. Otherwise VLM is faster and higher profit.

A tiny % of jobs can be done better with VLM (wickers)

Having both is best because you have flexibility. Also the customer can choose if they prefer a certain method.

There will always be different opinions on VLM/HWE. Some would even argue VLM doesnt use less moisture well er thats probally one thing we can all agree on Smile

Pete@TCC

http://www.thecarpetchemist.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:53 am

Over 30 years in business, I have not stopped learning yet, that's why I am always on the best carpet cleaning forum there is- The Lounge.
When a customer says to me " doesn't Steam cleaning over wet" or I like the " dry in an hour method". I always tell them this- " It's not the method or the detergents, it's the technician performing the work. The success or failure of any cleaning method is determined by the diligence and education of the person performing it. End of story.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2