Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Chem Feed soap opera

4 posters

Go down

Chem Feed soap opera Empty Chem Feed soap opera

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:36 pm

As many of you know, I have been fighting my chemical feed system on my older Butler for awhile now.  It used to feed at maximum all the time without any control, so I checked things over and found a hole in the diaphram of the chem pump.  Great, replaced that and installed new check valves....no flow at all.  Tore it down a few more times and finally decided that it was time for a new control valve.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and I get my new control valve.  Installed it, still no flow at all!!  Cursed a little and scratched a new hold in my hair.  Went back to just soft water rinse on all jobs before buying a new prochem chemical pump and installed that part hoping that maybe the old one was warped and pulling air.  Nothing, nadda, zilch!

So, today I took a long look at my metering valve to see if there is a blockage...clean.  What I did notice after pulling the end fittings off was how the valve orientated as to flow direction.  Eureka moment!!!  The valve didn't have any flow direction markings, but it clearly looked as they it was in backwards.  So, I flipped the valve around.

Now, the valve is in the reverse direction of the former install.  The braided hoses are now about 1 inch too short to mount it to the control panel, which had me question my new theory, but it was worth the experiment.  Hooked everything up and dropped the strainer into a 1 liter bottle of water for the test.  Fired it up and noticed that one of my hoses now leaks badly at the fitting (outflow side) and will need replaced, but some tape for now and the test was back on.

THE RESULTS???

Feeds at maximum flow without control valve having any effect and sucked the bottle dry in just a few minutes.  I also thought that the pump was hammering a little as well, but it has been a long time since my feed system was actually pulsing, so maybe that was just normal.  Bottom line is now I have to replace hoses and I still have a feeding problem!!No Mad Sad
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Chem Feed soap opera Empty Re: Chem Feed soap opera

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:37 pm

Man, I feel for ya, Robert!

I know what you're going threw trying to figure this out, because.....

I've been having the same type of can't figure it out problem, only it's with my pump. The problem just started out of the blue, and I've tried everything to resolve it, for months. It's just pull ur hair out frustrating, I know! Crying or Very sad 

So I feel for yea.

I wish I could help, but it sounds like your system is much different than mine, and besides what I could think of I believe I already suggested, was the only thing I could think of, which was an air leak somewhere. Over the years I've had my share of chem metering problems, and for me 9 out of 10 times it's caused by a small air leak in the system. Usually a cracked barb or other brass fitting, or a split in a hose.

I wish you luck , man!
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:04 pm

If your machine has a three way valve (prime /chem on)valve turn in to the centsr (half way) if the chem flow stops the valve is ok if not replace valve,. the same with the flow valve if it doesn't stop flow when closed then replace. And if you are using a cat pump with a prochem style chem. pump then the cat pump check valve has to be modified to make chem. pump operate properly. And if your butler is factory installed then pull the window shade type plumbing/wiring diagram print down.It should be right over the side doors and check your flow diag. for chem flow. And as you said replace the low pressure lines.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:05 pm

The last time two time I had this issue I had an air leak in those to the chemical jug the second was a check valve on the pump.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down