Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

boat cleaning

+2
Freemind1
milspec6
6 posters

Go down

boat cleaning Empty boat cleaning

Post by milspec6 Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:19 am

I have been asked to clean a pontoon boat for a wealthy customer. I've been told that the carpet, vinyl seats, and canopy have mildew / mold staining. He has tried cleaning it already with something he purchased at the dealer, but it didn't work.

This is not something I have dealt with since leaving California in 1988 and I only did a couple then as well. Dealer says that carpet cleaning agents can't be used because they will strip the UV treatment and loosen the adhesive beneath the carpet...not sure how correct that really is or if he is just protecting his business.

I am thinking that a enzyme mold cleaner was the way to guy followed by maybe a UV protector on the vinyl, but I am still researching my options. There are 40 homes along this lake and each one is worth over 2 million, so the potential to find a niche service with this looks promising.

So, anyone have experience in this arena? What are best options...I agreed to try it Tuesday evening.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

boat cleaning Empty Re: boat cleaning

Post by Freemind1 Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:29 am

I would use S/O mixed on the stronger side. Agitate with a brush on a buffer (circular not orbital) and extract hot. This for carpet and canopy.
Seats, after agitation, wipe clean, spritz with water and re wipe.

The canopy can get re waterproofed REAL easy. They sell the waterproofing silicone in cans. You can get them in sporting goods stores near the tents.

This is what I would do.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by milspec6 Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:01 pm

I like the s/o idea, sounds like a winner. Thanks for the detailed responses guys, I knew you would come through with good advice.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:42 pm

I have always used tilex. Spray on let it dwell for 10 min., wipe and hose off.
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:44 pm

Well, I see why people don't like cleaning boats now Shocked 

Between the biting insects, the cramped angles, the hoses falling into the lake, and the general condition of the carpet, it was not a fun job....at least it is done.

The carpet was in horrible shape with really thick mold deposits all along the chairs and even worse along the rails...I was scraping it off with a putty knife!  The rest of the carpet was covered in wine and rust stains with molding all over the place.  When I removed the rails and inspected it further, it was clear that the wood beneath the carpet was fully covered in active mold.  Not really a carpet cleaning job.

I hit it with so much peroxide that the entire boat was foaming like a dram of Guiness!  Used S/O mixed really strong and scrubbed the heck out of it.  It wasn't perfect, but looked pretty respectable and the customer was very happy.

It would have been a nice posting except the only photo I have is the first one that I took and sent to my email.  The rest went to the bottom of the lake along with my droid4 when the vac hose sent it flying off the seat. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad 

boat cleaning Img_2012
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:55 pm

milspec6 wrote:Well, I see why people don't like cleaning boats now Shocked 

Between the biting insects, the cramped angles, the hoses falling into the lake, and the general condition of the carpet, it was not a fun job....at least it is done.

The carpet was in horrible shape with really thick mold deposits all along the chairs and even worse along the rails...I was scraping it off with a putty knife!  The rest of the carpet was covered in wine and rust stains with molding all over the place.  When I removed the rails and inspected it further, it was clear that the wood beneath the carpet was fully covered in active mold.  Not really a carpet cleaning job.

I hit it with so much peroxide that the entire boat was foaming like a dram of Guiness!  Used S/O mixed really strong and scrubbed the heck out of it.  It wasn't perfect, but looked pretty respectable and the customer was very happy.

It would have been a nice posting except the only photo I have is the first one that I took and sent to my email.  The rest went to the bottom of the lake along with my droid4 when the vac hose sent it flying off the seat. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad 

boat cleaning Img_2012

Oh man, sorry about your phone Rob, hope you have insurance ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:09 pm

This will make the 3rd phone in just over a year....oh yea, I always have insurance. Very Happy  When you are careless, you need insurance.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:47 am

Nice!

Those huggers would have been useful...might have saved my phone too. Very Happy 

One thing to note is that despite the vac hose resting in the water, my new no-leak cuffs didn't suck any water....wouldn't want to drain a lake Rolling Eyes 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down